Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Special Thread For 50+yo Bicyclists

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Special Thread For 50+yo Bicyclists

Old 12-31-20, 01:41 PM
ParamountScapin 

Bikes: '87 Paramount & '02 Scapin EOS3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Please tell us your age.
73 & 2 weeks.

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?.
Currently a pair of tigged-steel Scapin from 2005, or so. Have ridden them all (Ti, Ti-carbon, lugged steel, full carbon, aluminum) over the years and tigged or lugged steel are the most comfortable for me.
2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
Half a multivitamin, small D & C daily just to keep my immune system good.
3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
Never been fast, so likely not much.
4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
Think I started off on my sister's "girl's" (funny these days) bike when I was 5. That is my first memory on a bike.
5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides.
Rode with my local club's twice weekly rides (25-35mi), centuries within a reasonable distance drive and every year or two an epic (Bike VA, Bike CO, etc.).
6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
Mostly in the basement these days on the magnetic trainer. 3-5 times/week for 30-45 minutes. Also walk and do light weights. Really no longer feel safe on the road as cell phones are in almost everyone's hand.
Old 01-05-21, 08:50 AM
bondaroo

Bikes: 2023 Kona Rove AL 650b; 2021 Specialized Rockhopper Elite; 2005 Kona Hahanna; 2018 Specialized Crosstrail

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Please tell us your age.

At the moment, just a Specialized Crosstrail. It's my commuter, my light trail, my recreation. In the past I've had road and mountain too. Looking at my husband's guitar collection the other day makes me feel like it's a good time to start considering a +1 for spring.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
No

I've never pushed myself physically much. It's always just been about enjoying the moment, or getting where I'm going. As I get older I am more of a weather wimp, though.

Mom used to tell a story about how one day I asked for my training wheels off. She told me to wait for Dad to come home from work and he'd teach me to ride. Next thing she knew she looked out the kitchen window and I was pedalling down the sidewalk, the training wheels and a wrench laying in the driveway. I was four, so almost 50 years.

Short rec, and sometimes commuting. I don't enjoy riding in groups, so almost all of it alone.

Not as much as I wish I did.
Old 02-25-21, 05:58 PM
spillai

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello everyone

I am trying to understand the market for 50+ cyclist's needs and problems. If anyone is interested to share their views for 15-20mins, it would be great! Please ping me on chat.

SP
Old 02-28-21, 05:43 PM
montagna_lunga
sc*l*tor*

Bikes: legion

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
I thought there might be some interest in a thread such as this. If not, it will go the way of all threads - just die away.

So, here is my first contribution.
Some questions:

Please tell us your age. 65

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride? Old steel, us-built & british isles-continental

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older? I do, B12 and D2 in the a.m., quercetin and saw palmetto with breakfast, multi-vitamin with meals & cranberry extract

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any? Every time I ride, oh....you asked how much, not how often, I live near Boulder so no group rides for me anymore

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life? All my life but seriously since high school (1969)

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides. Yes, and thank-you for letting me join! -Dale Phelps, Montagna lunga Colorado USA
Old 03-10-21, 05:12 PM
lajt

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Please tell us your age.

Trek hybrid for commuting.

No.

Jumping ability and arm swing have diminished (this is for beach volleyball, which I've played competitively for almost 40 years).
For bicycling and jogging, my endurance/cardiovascular seem essentially the same.

We were pretty poor growing up so I never owned a bike until a friend gave me his in 4th grade, which was pretty old to be starting compared to neighbors. The first time I rode it balancing I rode right into a hedge, but it was still very exhilarating.

Pretty much always solo rides, but love riding with friends. In college I missed a ride home so I rode my junker wobbly bike 100 miles down the coast (Santa Barbara to LA)--no spare tubes, no map, just winging it. It was one of those ill-planned things that thankfully worked out okay and is a funny memory/story now.

Was commuting to work almost every day on it until I started driving the kids to school. Will probably return to commuting daily once they're driving themselves to school in a few years. My older son wants to try a century someday, which I've never done and would be awesome--used to work for a photographer so I've seen so many over the years. The most beautiful were Seattle-to-Portland, Solvang, and Davis. The most raucous was Rosarito-to-Ensenada.
Old 06-28-21, 06:04 PM
BianchisOnly

Bikes: 1983 Bianchi Nuova Racing 12 Vel, 1985 Bianchi Centenario, 1988 Bianchi SuperLeggera, 2017 Bianchi Infinito CV (Ultegra), 2017 Bianchi Infinito CV Disc (Red eTap)

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Please tell us your age.
Just shy of 58
Varies between vintage 80's Italian steel and late model CF road
No, just find myself eating a lot more fish (salmon) and less fast-food, primarily to keep my weight down below 200
Actually, in the last 5 years I'd say I've improved substantially as my mileage has increase post-retirement. Of course, the downhill slide prior to that was substantial. I look at the gearing I rode back in the 80's and just shake my head. Glory days...
All my life, but serious riding started in college back in the early 80's
primarily 20-40 mile rides a few times a week, longer rides (50-70 miles) on the weekend. Annually a few metric centuries (Solvang, Tierra Bella, Primavera, others), a double-metric (San jose to San Francisco to San Jose), plus a few multi-day rides with my local group (San Jose to Big Sur).
3-5 days a week, depending on my latest part-time job. About 2500-3000 miles in the last 12 months, though sometimes that number varies widely from week to week.
Old 07-25-21, 05:17 PM
_Lily_

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please tell us your age.
Whatever bike comes my way. Hybrid, city, road. Dreaming on joining a cycling club, or better, a nice cycling company.
No
None
Less than a year. Last summer, I jumped on a very old road bike hoping that i could balance somehow, and the rest is history.
Bike is my only transportation. Running errands, grocery shopping with a large backpack, etc. The best moments are when i can join someone who rides better than I.
No idea. Basically, I am either riding, or recovering from a long ride.
Old 07-28-21, 07:48 AM
RobertUI 
Monkey Boy

Bikes: '22 Surly Straggler, '15 Breezer Downtown EX, '19 Motobecane Record (fixie)

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 54 Posts
I meant to post this 12 days ago, but this is close enough now that I'm officially "50+"

Please tell us your age.
Fuji SST 3.0, Motobecane Record (fixie), Schwinn Crosscut (set up for touring with moustache bars), Gravity HD29 SX, Nashbar Cyclocross/Commuter
I take a myriad of supplements from DoTerra as well as Vitamin D, B12, B, Biotin, Tumeric
None
I have consistently biked since I was about 5, when I learned how to ride a 2 wheeler without training wheels. I commuted by bike in college, and have commuted to/from work off and on for the past 20 years.
I spend a LOT of time on my indoor trainer, as the heat sometimes gets too much (I have MS). I love touring and bikepacking, but those trips are limited these days.
Since September of this year, I have averaged 60 miles a week, and that's more like 100/week in the past 4 months. I try to ride for about an hour every day.
Old 09-26-21, 11:40 AM
Norman Rashid

Bikes: Giant Defy 1, Specialized Sirrus Sport

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Introduce myself

Please tell us your age.

My main bike; an entry level Specialized Sirrus convert to Gravel bike with Microshift AdventX groupset and oval chainring. Others; A Giant Defy roadie and a vintage Trek 8500 mtb
Never. Just lots of veggies and less meat
Like most riders here, I have ñever been fast, so pretty much the same
Bikes through high school... stopped a few decades (played other sports and music...etc)
All kinds! I have road bikes ...mtbs..... gravel ..so I join any groups I could..alone .. off-road... mtb trails..you name it
These days , +50km per week..per year? I'll get back to you

Last edited by Norman Rashid; 09-26-21 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-27-21, 06:20 AM
easyupbug 

Bikes: too many sparkly Italians, some sweet Americans and a couple interesting Japanese

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked 559 Times in 403 Posts
Please tell us your age.
18 steel &1 Ti
glucosamine chondroitin
started around mid 50s and continuing
66 years
20 to 30 miles short rec rides every other day keeps me ready to go if the kids come by or our old farts groups calls a ride
Pretty much every other day, annual varies from 3,000 up
Old 10-04-21, 09:59 AM
StuBotNYC

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 22 Posts
This thread was started in August, 2004, by DnvrFox, shortly after founding the 50+ Forum. The purpose was to give 50+ riders (new, returning, experienced) some idea of the range of what other 50+ riders do in their bicycling.

Some folks come to the 50+ forum with the perspective that most 50+ bicycling is 5 mile rides on a comfort bike. Others believe that 50+ bicycling is a $7,000 carbon frame bike with Dura Ace components ridden by someone in a $200 helmet and $500 of lycra/polyester jersey and shorts and $300 shoes with $200 clips.

Both are right. Read on for yourself.

Over the years, many, many posts have been added. It is one of the most viewed thread ever on the 50+ Forum. It was not a "sticky," then it was a "sticky," then it wasn't a "sticky," and, finally, it is a "sticky" again.

Feel free to browse through the many responses, and to add your own if you like. It is possible that no one will acknowledge your post - but don't feel insulted.

This is likely the most comprehensive collection of 50+ bicyclist information ever compiled, anywhere. Enjoy. Some folks have acknowledged reading every single post - whew!!

Below is the original post.

(DnvrFox, the original poster to this thread, no longer posts in the 50+ forum.)

DnvrFox, the OP
I thought there might be some interest in a thread such as this. If not, it will go the way of all threads - just die away.

Some questions:

Please tell us your age.

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?
vintage Cannondales, Bianchi, street outfitted mountain bike.

Sometimes a multivitamin if I remember to buy them.

When I get fatter I slow down. As soon as I start riding I'm back, but the Winters tend to make me hibernate, I'm working on it.

Whole life, never quit for more than a year or so.

Short rec rides for entertainment and exercise. Usually 10mi and under.

2-3x a week. Unsure of mileage.

If you haven't already, perhaps you might indicate your age. It helps others to see that folks 50+ do great things.
Answered above
Old 10-05-21, 05:09 PM
Ruby56

Bikes: Benotto

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
50+ background

This thread was started in August, 2004, by DnvrFox, shortly after founding the 50+ Forum. The purpose was to give 50+ riders (new, returning, experienced) some idea of the range of what other 50+ riders do in their bicycling.

Some folks come to the 50+ forum with the perspective that most 50+ bicycling is 5 mile rides on a comfort bike. Others believe that 50+ bicycling is a $7,000 carbon frame bike with Dura Ace components ridden by someone in a $200 helmet and $500 of lycra/polyester jersey and shorts and $300 shoes with $200 clips.

Both are right. Read on for yourself.

Over the years, many, many posts have been added. It is one of the most viewed thread ever on the 50+ Forum. It was not a "sticky," then it was a "sticky," then it wasn't a "sticky," and, finally, it is a "sticky" again.

Feel free to browse through the many responses, and to add your own if you like. It is possible that no one will acknowledge your post - but don't feel insulted.

This is likely the most comprehensive collection of 50+ bicyclist information ever compiled, anywhere. Enjoy. Some folks have acknowledged reading every single post - whew!!

Below is the original post.

(DnvrFox, the original poster to this thread, no longer posts in the 50+ forum.)

Some questions:

Lots of racing bikes and hybrids (what is that anyway?).

No, I just try to stay healthy.

I have slowed down a ton! I need to build up my endurance.

Did bicycle racing in the early 80's, stopped and had a family. I was starting to ride again, when, in 2015, I had a major stroke. Since then, my balance has been fairly miserable. In fact, the couple of times I tried I fell over while stopped. Who does that?? Anyway, I want to try again but I am very uneasy. Any ideas how to start again? Anyone else had a stroke?

See above

I think to start with, making a goal of 20 miles in a month is reasonable, Especially since winter is coming.

If you haven't already, perhaps you might indicate your age. It helps others to see that folks 50+ do great things.

Some questions:

Did bicycle racing in the early 80's, stopped and had a family. I was starting to ride again, when, in 2015, I had a major stroke. Since then, my balance has been fairly miserable. In fact, the couple of times I tried I fell over while stopped. Who does that?? Anyway, I want to try again but I am very uneasy. Any ideas how to start again? Anyone else had a stroke?

See above

I think to start with, making a goal of 20 miles in a month is reasonable, Especially since winter is coming.

If you haven't already, perhaps you might indicate your age. It helps others to see that folks 50+ do great things.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-10-21, 04:56 PM
Inusuit

Bikes: 1995 Specialized Rockhopper,1989 Specialized Rock Combo, 2013 Specialized Tarmac Elite

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 278 Posts
Tell us your age: 77
​​​​​​1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride? I have 2013 Specialized Tarmac for pavement rides. My gravel bike is 1989 Specialized Rock Combo, but I ride a 1995 Specialized Rockhopper for a change of pace on dirt/gravel roads.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older? Yes, Glucosamine Chondroitin for joints, B12, and D3. Magnesium for restless leg. turmeric for inflammation.

​​​​​​3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any? A lot. I ride and exercise to slow the inevitable rate of decline.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life? Off an on all my life. Got serious about cycling when the pandemic closed the YMCA.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides. I've done a couple of pavement 50 milers this summer. I prefer riding backcountry dirt roads, usually 25 to 45 miles. Seldom do less than 20.

​​​​​​6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage? I try to ride 3-4 times a week with resistant work - weights and bands - on alternate days. Will probably hit 2500 miles this year.
Old 10-10-21, 08:20 PM
keith_h

Bikes: Rossin Record, Rossin Columbia, Rossin Sprint, Cannondale Topstone, Orbea Opal. Grace, space and pace.

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Its been a while so I thought I'd post an update.

Tell us your age: 58

I've gone retro, so steel road bikes, specifically Rossins. A change in health combined with locating my old race bike and a cohort my age who collect, ride and love all things vintage is behind the change. I have a carbon road bike, but it seems no one wants to buy it.

Not with any sort of commitment.

Well I only have one leg that works properly now so now progress is leisurely. And frozen shoulders the past two years has slowed things down a lot. Other than that...

Forever pretty much.

Long rides when I can (over 100km). Shorter rides for routine exercise at least once a week, more if I can (30-100km). Longer rides in the hills is great when time permits. Audax brevets, the odd charity ride. I prefer mostly cruising by myself.

Whenever I can. Day, night, trainer if the weather is poor. Last few years about 4000km.
Old 10-17-21, 06:15 PM
trentschler
Not so new

Bikes: Klein Quantum, Schwinn Peloton, Moulton AM Esprit

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
A 60+ cyclist

Please tell us your age.
69 is in the rear view mirror now and I'm looking forward to being 70 years old

Classic '89 and '87 Klein Quantum, '84 Schwinn Peloton, Moulton AM Esprit and a couple of homemade single-speed racers

Just a daily multivitamin but also low dose of blood pressure medicine

Not that much. It's been gradual. I'm not as flexible tho - had to raise my handlebars

All my life - regularly in some way or another since I was five years old.

I used to ride a 200k brevet (and the training for it) most every year, but now I just go for sporty fitness rides of 30-50 miles.

I just got back on my bike after a few years of not riding at all. Before my break, I had several 5,000-6,000 mile years, then some easier years of 2,000 miles or so. I usually ride several times a week, all year 'round
Old 11-06-21, 10:19 AM
RichSPK

Bikes: Dawes Lightning DLX, 1988 Klein Performance, 1991 Peugeot Safari, 1985 Raleigh Alyeska, Carrera Phantom, 1973 Raleigh Record

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 92 Posts
Some questions:

Please tell us your age.
Touring bikes - I alternate between a Klein Performance and a Dawes Lightning DLX

Vitamin D. Multi-vitamins when I find them on the clearance shelf at the supermarket.

A lot? Arthritis has attacked my knees, causing meniscal tears in both.

Basically all my life. I can remember my older sister teaching me to ride, so I can remember a time before I rode, but I was pretty young - definitely pre-teen.

Most of my rides are under 10 miles, on city streets, but I ride rail trails occasionally.

Not nearly as often as I'd like. Less than once a week, but I have no idea about annual mileage.
Old 11-22-21, 06:36 PM
JudeLaWyo

Bikes: Cervelo Caledonia'5, Girodana Scorpius

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi!

Please tell us your age. 54

I just bought a new bike, which I feel lucky to have found a frame to fit me. I rode my last frame for 30 years. I bought a Cervelo and I love it! It feels light as a feather and it has made riding fun again.

I take vitamin D, but nothing else, i get the rest from eating well.

I took a few years off from riding, I don't feel slower, but my recovery slower and I am not building muscle as fast.

Riding seriously for 30 years, but had a bike since I was a kid.

I generally do 20-50 mile rides, and I enjoy riding hills. I know that makes me a bit insane, but I like the feeling of conquring them.

I ride 2-3 days a week. Who knows how many miles I do a year.

Old 11-23-21, 06:20 AM
bikeflo

Bikes: old Miyata

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ruby56

Some questions:

See above

[/QUOTE]
Although I haven't had a stroke, I've learned a little about balance. Have you had some balance physical therapy? Neurologists are often able to refer you to those who can help your brain re-learn and improve on balance-maybe yours could help with that. Hope you can keep biking!!!
Old 11-23-21, 10:21 AM
Ludkeh
alpine cross trainer

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Quintara Roo Sendoza, DaVici In-2-Ition Tandem,

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 8 Posts
Although I haven't had a stroke, I've learned a little about balance. Have you had some balance physical therapy? Neurologists are often able to refer you to those who can help your brain re-learn and improve on balance-maybe yours could help with that. Hope you can keep biking!!![/QUOTE]

After a stroke at age 73, my wife also forgot how to stop on her bike and kept falling over. I kind of scratched my head and wondered what's going on? So I analyzed what I do intuitively when I stop my bike. How I push myself to the front of the seat, transfer all weight to my non dominant leg and peddle,straighten out my leg, take other leg off peddle to get ready to dismount, gently brake with rear brake ect... We practice this procedure numerous times in a grassy area to cushion any possible fall. She finally got it and we continued on to asphalt. I suspect this spring when we start up again we'll have to go thru a refresher before we start riding. Getting old can be challenging!
t
Likes For Ludkeh:
Old 11-23-21, 10:35 AM
bikeflo

Bikes: old Miyata

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Hi, I'm 59.

An 80's Miyata.

Glucosamine, Vit D, some Calcium

Slightly in mileage maybe, simply because I don't have time to ride as often as I'd like or do longer rides.

Since age 5, tapered off while raising the kids, but have resumed.

Long rides mainly-an organized tour now and then.

Unsure about annual, try to ride once/wk, about 50 miles or so. Would like to challenge myself with that probably next year.
Old 12-11-21, 10:23 PM
mattswabb

Bikes: Scott Foil, GT Edge titanium, Trek Y bike

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Please tell us your age. 53. Was a cat 1 racer back in 96-97 then retired and did some riding and hung the bike up 18 years ago and started back again this year

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride? Was riding my late 90’s titanium GT and a few weeks ago bought a lightly used Scott foil. Di2 Ultegra with Reynolds rsix’s.

Just really watching my diet this year. Was 210 lbs now 150

I had but been building up. Probably as fast as I was when I was a cat 3 racer in 1994.

All my life except the past 18 years. BMX in the 80’s, road racing in the 90’s and some mountain biking in there as well.

Road- 30-40 3 times a week and a longer 60-70 once a week.

Should hit 4500 this year
Old 12-11-21, 10:48 PM
spdntrxi

Bikes: not enough

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 52 Posts
BMC TimeMachine Road
Parlee TTIR Tribike
Parlee Z0 XD gravel
Moots Compact-SL
Vitamin D... I eat lots of mandarins daily
Just as fast, but need rest days
all my life, but I did stop for a good 10+ years in my 30s
No touring or bikepacking.. Group rides, crits, gravel races, sprint tri.
4k-5k / yr
Old 02-03-22, 10:23 AM
SAScott

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito CV 105 (with rim brakes)

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

1. What bikes do I ride?
Bianchi Infinito CV 105 (rim brakes). Actually, I don’t ride it just. I just bought it this week and fit it this coming weekend!

I take multi-vitamins and zinc. But those are mostly for anti-COVID. LOL.

I have slowed down significantly in the past five years, mostly due to a meniscus rupture. I am gradually working back!
Also fighting a slow heart rate, so I can only increase my goals and work load by so much at a time.

I’ve never raced on bikes. But I’ve been a casual rider since my teen years (the 1970s).
I do aim to get more serious about riding now, as this will be my most important cardio exercise and an outlet for being outdoors more.

I’m still flexing my goals before I go back to the States in August. For now, I’m thinking 4-5 days/week and maybe 60+ minutes/day.
I want long rides, hence the comfort bike.

My goal will be 4-5x/week. Not sure about mileage yet.
Old 02-03-22, 10:41 AM
AlgarveCycling

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 291 Times in 163 Posts
53 years old.

Road racing bike and Mountain Bike primarily.

Yes. Back in the 80's and 90's I raced on water and bananas! Now as a 53 year old, I use gels, energy drink supplements and BCAA tablets.

Absolutely slower than when in my 20's. Maybe 20% for peak power and speed but it's a guess, I never had a power-meter 30 years ago. I'm 65kg, with a 10 second 1013 watt sprint measured last week. Peak is roughly 1100+. Endurance is very similar however. The greatest difference is recovery time, it is significantly longer now.

I started biking as a kid, did BMX as a teen and raced road bikes until 30 yrs. I then took a 17 year break from cycling and returned to it 3 years ago.

Racing road and MTB.

6 days a week on average, 20 000km+ annually.

Last edited by AlgarveCycling; 02-03-22 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-08-22, 05:44 PM
Fredo76
The Wheezing Geezer

Bikes: 1976 Fredo Speciale, Jamis Citizen 1, Ellis-Briggs FAVORI, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr.

Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked 891 Times in 438 Posts
I'll be 64 in a few days. I have two step-through upright bikes, and a '70s racing bike. I also had both my hips replaced with artificial ones about 3 years ago. Got diabetes and asthma. Had a stroke at age 50 and take blood-thinners and blood pressure medications, among others.

I take a multi-vitamin and an ester vitamin C on general principle, and magnesium and vitamin D3 on a doctor's recommendation. Will add some Biotin (B7) as well shortly.

I used to race in the '70s as a teenager, but I am way, way slower now. We'll see if that improves much with more mileage. My speedo tells me that I average maybe 11 mph now. Fastest run at 13.5 mph average on my racing bike. These are short rides, usually 6-12 miles, with the longest since I re-started riding two years ago still at 24 miles. Most rides stay on pavement.

I rode as a kid, like most, then raced as a teenager. I've always had a bike or two, but went decades without riding them much, until the pandemic got going and I got motivated.

I ride about as many days as I don't ride, on average. I do keep track. My 2021 mileage was 1394.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.