Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Replacement Toe Clips for Campy pedals?

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-21, 03:50 PM
BertCooper

Bikes: Trek 414 or 412?, cannondale touring bike from 1993?, specialized hard rock, nashbar 4000x, etc. nothing fancy…

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I have some old Campy pedals (not sure of the model) that I haven't used because the toe clips broke. Everything seems to be aluminum.

Is there any place to get replacement toe clips like these? (I think I've reached the 10 post photo mark!)

If not, what are these worth to Campagnolosseurs? A bit scratched, esp. the aluminum caps. (Then what's a good pair of lightweight pedals which can take toe clips?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG-4868.jpg (1.09 MB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG-4869.jpg (1.37 MB, 48 views)
Old 08-04-21, 07:06 PM
spudly

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 24 Posts
Those are C-Record aero pedals. With the toe clip plate that attaches to the bottom of the pedal body, they are more elegant and valuable than the lower Campy aero models of the same era. There are usually replacement clips on ebay with fairly high asking prices, but if you aren't in a big hurry you can find them at reasonable prices. Check the sold listings on ebay to get an idea of value - there are usually enough sales for this. Your pedals look to be in pretty nice condition and the straps should clean up somewhat. Together I'd say they're worth maybe $100 to $130.
Old 08-04-21, 07:33 PM
BertCooper

Bikes: Trek 414 or 412?, cannondale touring bike from 1993?, specialized hard rock, nashbar 4000x, etc. nothing fancy…

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks, I'll have a look on ebay for replacements. I thought I paid about $20 for the pedals, 'once upon a time', but the bike I want to put them on only cost me $200, so I didn't want to go crazy on replacement toe clips. They're pretty, so I'd like to keep using them, so if I find affordable replacement clips, they'll go on my "new" Trek. They were on my old Trek (412), but someone told me the pedals were worth more than the bike.
Old 08-04-21, 07:35 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18373 Post(s)
Liked 4,508 Times in 3,351 Posts
It looks like there are quite a few of the clips on E-Bay.

One at auction for about $40+$8.
A couple for around $50.

They apparently come in [aluminum] alloy as well as chromed steel. Depending on what happened to yours, I'd probably just use the chromed steel. Get the "alloy" for spares if you wish.
Old 08-04-21, 09:00 PM
BertCooper

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Crazy! I just looked on eBay. $55-$70 for the toe clips. Then I'm going to need leather cleats for my old leather Patrick bike shoes (that I never bothered to get cleats for because I didn't like the lump walking around while touring). Then I'll have anachronistic but pretty pedals... meaning I'll have to get an older but better bike to go with the pedals. Curse you, Bikeforums.net!