Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

For sale NIB Merckx Frame size 59

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Old 09-14-22, 11:32 AM
Robvolz 

Bikes: several Eddy Merz (ride like Eddy, braze like Jim!)

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1076 Post(s)
Liked 1,799 Times in 654 Posts

Everybody’s first question is of course, will you take it out of the plastic.?

no. That belongs to the right of the new owner. Nothing like that brand new bike smell.

of course, the new owner will also have the right to inspect it in all lines to make sure there are no scratches dents or bends. That everything is as it should be.

$2100 if you’re on the West Coast or someplace interesting, I will deliver to Presley for a small fee and one Pilsner.

Anywher

e else I will double box the original box with plenty of padding to make sure that you were new frame gets to you safely.
Likes For Robvolz:
Old 09-14-22, 01:48 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4508 Post(s)
Liked 6,374 Times in 3,666 Posts
Originally Posted by beech333
As someone born without a sense of smell, can you punch a hole in the plastic and tell me what a new/old bike smells like? Please do so without using other smells as a reference.

All kidding aside, that looks pretty sweet. If this was a much older bike, I would be interested. Good luck with the sale.
"much older", you must be joking.
Old 09-14-22, 02:07 PM
botty kayer

Bikes: Yes, probably too many but still have a roving eye...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked 2,782 Times in 531 Posts
I'd prefer detailed pics rather than the promise of a smell if I was buying a frame for that much coin. Is there even a fork? What tubing is it?
Old 09-14-22, 03:38 PM
fender1

Bikes: I hate bikes!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked 710 Times in 233 Posts
What year? What is the rear spacing? Downtube shifter mounts or clamp on? Frame geometry? Top tube length? 59cm center to center or center to top? English or Italian bottom bracket threading?

$2,100 is quite ask for a listing with no real pictures or information. The plastic and the original box are not really adding to the frame's value.

Good luck wit the sale!
Likes For fender1:
Old 09-14-22, 03:58 PM
Robvolz 

These are valid questions. My friend who used to own a shop pulled this out of his climate controlled barn. I'm doing him a favor by helping with the sale.

I will visit him and get more details.

If anyone is seriously interested and not just kicking sew-ups, message me. I'll work with you the best I can.

Last edited by Robvolz; 09-16-22 at 11:34 AM.
Likes For Robvolz:
Old 09-14-22, 04:01 PM
Robvolz 

Yes on fork (you can see it peeking behind the bubbles in one pic) and the tubing is Columbus. I can't read through the bubbles, others know more by the color or heft of the bird.
Old 09-14-22, 08:53 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

NOS/NIB Orange/Molteni like, 80's vintage, very desirable size for many.

Ifn this was my size I would be selling my soul trying to figure out how to get my hands on it.

I think the ask could be $500 soft for what this really is, show me another anywhere you can buy right now just like this.

Paging @CyclesMakaron
Likes For merziac:
Old 09-14-22, 09:07 PM
merziac

Oh, and if I didn't already have a couple of pretty cool ones already.
Old 09-15-22, 12:57 AM
CyclesMakaron

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 396 Times in 259 Posts
Ochsner was Merckx's representative until spring 1984.
Eddy Merckx Professional 82-83 Columbus SL/SP, not part of the Team Issue series - it is earlier.
With all the box and wrappers it is priceless - fortunately I don't have the money.
If there is any paperwork for this marvel - please get a pic.
If it is possible to read the markings from the BB cover - please let me know.
Old 09-15-22, 02:59 AM
merziac

Originally Posted by CyclesMakaron
Eddy Merckx Professional 82-83 Columbus SL/SP, not part of the Team Issue series - it is earlier.
With all the box and wrappers it is priceless - fortunately I don't have the money.
Will do my best, my thoughts exactly, Tx!
Old 09-15-22, 09:27 AM
fender1

Bikes: I hate bikes!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked 710 Times in 233 Posts
Originally Posted by Robvolz
These are valid questions. My friend who used to own a shop pulled this out of his climate controlled barn. I'm doing him a favor by helping with the sale.

If anyone is seriously interested and not just kicking sew-ups, call/text me at 503-267-2800. I'll work with you the best I can.
Got it! Hope it finds a new home!
Old 09-15-22, 09:30 AM
Robvolz 

I'm getting weird offers from overseas, Japan and Austria. Last chance for the dedicated friends here on BF/C&V.

Me, I'm making $10 off the deal, helping an old friend make it to Hawaii to see his daughter and stay during the winter.
Old 09-15-22, 09:59 AM
billytwosheds 

Bikes: Peugeot, Legnano, Fuji, Zunow, De Rosa, Miyata, Bianchi, Pinarello, Specialized, Bridgestone, Cinelli, Merckx

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 467 Times in 215 Posts
I'm getting weird offers from overseas, Japan and Austria. Last chance for the dedicated friends here on BF/C&V.

Me, I'm making $10 off the deal, helping an old friend make it to Hawaii to see his daughter and stay during the winter.
Word to the wise, I would take your phone number down from this very public place. There are lots of lurkers who would/could do nefarious things with it.

And if you do end up making a deal with someone internationally, use a broker or at least an auction site for the transaction. Weird things can happen.
Likes For billytwosheds:
Old 09-15-22, 08:42 PM
TimmyT 
Keener splendor

Bikes: Black Mountain Cycles Road and canti MX, Cannondale CAAD12, Bob Jackson Vigorelli

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 51 Posts

If anyone is seriously interested and not just kicking sew-ups, call/text me at xxx-yyy-zzzz. I'll work with you the best I can.
Originally Posted by CyclesMakaron
Honestly, one of these comes around very rarely. If I were selling, I would take it out of the bag, photograph everything, particularly if there were blemishes of any sort. It looks like the shop installed the headset, so it's been out of the bag prior to this time.

After that, I'd put it on eBay, paying for the 9 day sale. This could easily go north of 2k with good, clear photos, with all documentation photographed including s/s, and with all measurements included.
Likes For TimmyT:
Old 09-16-22, 08:52 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,686 Times in 2,509 Posts
We don't allow people to question pricing in this subforum. You might be right, but people here are capable of deciding that for themselves and making an offer based on their own understanding of what something is worth. The valuation forum is elsewhere.
The fact that the pictures in this listing are far from ideal has been made, let's not repeat those criticisms.
Likes For unterhausen:
Old 09-16-22, 03:14 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 2336 Post(s)
Liked 2,808 Times in 1,534 Posts
if I didn have something else special on the way, i would be trying to figure is the size would work

thanks for offering here first

Likes For squirtdad:
Old 09-16-22, 03:46 PM
SoccerBallXan

Bikes: Many!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 124 Posts
I’d almost be more comfortable if the offer was billed to me as “$2,000 NOS mystery Merckx.”

Good luck with the sale! Lovely little orange thing!