Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Triathlon
Reload this Page >

Fuji Norcom help

Search
Notices
Triathlon Swim / Bike / Run your thing? Drop in our new triathlon forum for the latest in training & gear. From beginner to expert, and sprint to ironman.

Fuji Norcom help

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-22, 07:38 AM
Bluechip

Bikes: Salsa Fargo Ti, Cannondale CAAD9, Carbonello Fixed Gear, Specialized Epic Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Fuji Norcom help

I am working on a friends Fuji Norcom and need to replace the brake cables. Before I remove the old cables, does this bike have internal cable guides? Or will I have to fish the cables through the bare frame. Any guidance would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 08-17-22, 10:37 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Liked 783 Times in 413 Posts
I don’t have the answer. But if you don’t figure it out, you could run a “messenger” string through as you pull the old cable out. Then connect the messenger string to the new cable and pull it back through.

Dan
Likes For _ForceD_:
Old 08-17-22, 01:21 PM
Bluechip

Bikes: Salsa Fargo Ti, Cannondale CAAD9, Carbonello Fixed Gear, Specialized Epic Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
I bit the bullet and started taking it apart and found that it did indeed have full cable housing throughout the frame.
Likes For Bluechip:
Old 09-20-22, 09:41 PM
StarBiker

Bikes: Bianchi Grizzly, Cannondale F700,

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by _ForceD_
I don’t have the answer. But if you don’t figure it out, you could run a “messenger” string through as you pull the old cable out. Then connect the messenger string to the new cable and pull it back through.

Dan
Local REI Mechanics who have experience were having a hell of a time with this. And they couldn't do the messenger, or cable guide assist. Wouldn't work with this particular bike. I forgot what bike it was. I might stop in tomorrow and if I remember I will ask.