Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

What bike style is easiest on wrists? (recovering roady here)

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

What bike style is easiest on wrists? (recovering roady here)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-22, 09:01 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 614 Posts
I've been riding off road for forty years with MTB bars and my wrists/hands are fine, but I'm sure that some of the other "pull back" choices are as good or better. However, one thing that hasn't been mentioned from my scanning of the thread is suspension grips (revgrips). They improved the comfort level of a friend's wrists immeasurably.

Last edited by 2old; 09-22-22 at 05:19 PM.
Likes For 2old:
Old 09-22-22, 07:26 AM
Spreggy
King of the Plukers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ironfish653
​​​​​​
A lot of the flared, swept drop bars like the Beacon (and also the Salsa Woodchopper / Cowchipper) and other "Gravel / Adventure style bars position the hoods so they're actually pointed towards each other, when viewed from above, as opposed to the 'straight ahead' alignment you usually get on a traditional drop bar.

I find this is much more comfortable for me, especially with the extra width these bars usually offer as well. I run the Salsa Cowchipper as my default road bar, in the 45-49cm size.

Ordered it!
Great looking bike btw.
Likes For Spreggy:
Old 09-23-22, 04:28 PM
sean.hwy

Bikes: Blur / Ibis Hakka MX / team machince alr2 / topstone 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 201 Posts
An up right bike like a fitness or hybrid bike with something like touring bars. I think salsa and jone bars are typically used.