Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from the Hudson Valley

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Old 03-05-21, 07:23 AM
FasterBass 

Bikes: Budd BikeWorks 29er, Bridgestone RB-1 Restomod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 7 Posts

Hi Everyone,

Long time rider/bike mechanic that put his passion on hold for ~8 years while developing a career and building a family. In my 20s I was riding mostly fixed gear and CX, with a little CX racing here and there. Pandemic life seemed like the perfect opportunity to get back into riding, until the parts availability issue dawned on me. I've always been a vintage guy at heart, starting with restoring and modifying old BMWs as a kid. So once I decided to get back into biking, vintage seemed like the place to go since basically no new bikes (that I wanted) were available. Since then I've been on a quest to find a frame that fits properly, going through a Lotus Classique, Litespeed Catalyst and now landing on a Bridgestone RB-1 that I finished last night. I suppose pics are mandatory, so here goes!

In front of Storm King Mountain.

1994 Litespeed Catalyst

On the railtrail

1992 Bridgestone RB-1

Last edited by FasterBass; 03-05-21 at 07:27 AM.
Likes For FasterBass:
Old 03-05-21, 07:32 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3084 Post(s)
Liked 6,542 Times in 3,756 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums. Nice bikes!

Old 03-05-21, 07:42 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Howdy! Nice stable!
Old 03-05-21, 07:54 AM
FasterBass 

Originally Posted by Rage
Howdy! Nice stable!
Thanks! I wish it was a stable - all those road bikes are just the same components with different frame. I've rebuilt the same bike 3 times now in like 4 months.
Old 03-05-21, 08:11 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

No biggie, I do the same thing. Working on like four or five bikes/frames atm.
One of them has been morphing constantly for like two years.
It’s all about enjoying the bike, on or off.
And you very obviously enjoy bikes!
Old 03-05-21, 08:26 AM
FasterBass 

No biggie, I do the same thing. Working on like four or five bikes/frames atm.
One of them has been morphing constantly for like two years.
It’s all about enjoying the bike, on or off.
And you very obviously enjoy bikes!
That I do sir! Do you get up this way from NYC at all in the warmer weather? I can't wait to ride through Harriman. I've lived in this area all my life but never biked through the park once. Hiked like every trail, but never biked.
Old 03-05-21, 09:02 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

I’m actually kinda familiar with Harriman state park. I used to ride up there pretty regularly when I was younger.
My friends and I would head up to bear mountain Friday evenings and spend the weekend terrorizing the local wildlife on mountain bikes. We were also the bane of that all you can eat buffet up there lol.
They’d see us coming and try and shut the doors before we could sit down. Good times...

I miss that whole area. Have only been up there once or twice in the last two or three years. Was considering buying a place up there to wait out lockdown but am currently moving around between nyc, Staten Island, north Jersey and the Jersey shore. Kind of the opposite direction from you.
I’m from ny but the wife’s family is all up in Jersey, for the most part. We’re trying to do a thing where we live in Staten Island in between both our families but we are spending way more time in Jersey because of the wife’s family.
Liking it okay but it’s Jersey, you know?
Old 03-08-21, 08:01 AM
FasterBass 

I’m actually kinda familiar with Harriman state park. I used to ride up there pretty regularly when I was younger.
My friends and I would head up to bear mountain Friday evenings and spend the weekend terrorizing the local wildlife on mountain bikes. We were also the bane of that all you can eat buffet up there lol.
They’d see us coming and try and shut the doors before we could sit down. Good times...

I miss that whole area. Have only been up there once or twice in the last two or three years. Was considering buying a place up there to wait out lockdown but am currently moving around between nyc, Staten Island, north Jersey and the Jersey shore. Kind of the opposite direction from you.
I’m from ny but the wife’s family is all up in Jersey, for the most part. We’re trying to do a thing where we live in Staten Island in between both our families but we are spending way more time in Jersey because of the wife’s family.
Liking it okay but it’s Jersey, you know?
My wife's family and mine are all in Jersey too, now alllll about it. Real estate is crazy around here (and everywhere really). We got in in 2017 and have seen like a 35% increase in value. Its nuts.
Old 03-08-21, 11:32 AM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11950 Post(s)
Liked 6,595 Times in 3,463 Posts
Nice bikes. I'm not familiar with that view of Storm King Mtn, where are you shooting from?

Last edited by BillyD; 03-08-21 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-10-21, 04:29 PM
scoostraw

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I used to live in the Hudson Valley. Enjoyed seeing your photos!