Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

The Stadium Tour is near

Notices
Foo Light hearted off-topic chit chat with no general subject.

The Stadium Tour is near

Old 06-13-22, 11:40 AM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3064 Post(s)
Liked 3,294 Times in 2,137 Posts
The Stadium Tour is near

Yup only had the tickets for 3 years already. So Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Poison, Joan Jett, and a new band Classless Act. Yes nostalgia for us 80s kids lol. Iím confident that Def Leppard will be good. Poison not my favorite but Brett Michaels is a good guy that has done a lot of good for diabetes advocacy then Joan Jett. Classless Act a young new band most will miss because they go on at 4:30. I hope this tour makes it to San Antonio on Aug 21. I have my River Walk room booked and within walking distance of the Alamodome. They start off on June 16 in Atlanta, Georgia so I sent Ahsposo an e ticket so he can enjoy the show for free all he has to do is buy me a few beers. My main concern is Vince Meal not having the stamina to tour we already know he canít sing.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 06-13-22, 01:16 PM
DMC707
Banned.

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1606 Post(s)
Liked 873 Times in 587 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Yup only had the tickets for 3 years already. So Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Poison, Joan Jett, and a new band Classless Act. Yes nostalgia for us 80s kids lol. Iím confident that Def Leppard will be good. Poison not my favorite but Brett Michaels is a good guy that has done a lot of good for diabetes advocacy then Joan Jett. Classless Act a young new band most will miss because they go on at 4:30. I hope this tour makes it to San Antonio on Aug 21. I have my River Walk room booked and within walking distance of the Alamodome. They start off on June 16 in Atlanta, Georgia so I sent Ahsposo an e ticket so he can enjoy the show for free all he has to do is buy me a few beers. My main concern is Vince Meal not having the stamina to tour we already know he canít sing.

............. Vince MEal
Likes For DMC707:
Old 06-13-22, 02:02 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

FRIKIN Vince Meal has had 3 years to in shape. Now I realize we all pack on some weight as we age but that basketball gut is too much. But Vince Meal is getting paid a heck of a lot of cash to front MŲtley Crue. Not being unrealistic but geez get into decent shape at least. Some how this tour is selling out stadiums and I believe it’s because of the nostalgia and that is ok. Go back to your youth for a few hours and forget you are old drunk older people are funny. Especially if their kids are with them and they never seen mom or dad rock out. I have seen that scenario a few times it is priceless the expression on the faces of the kids. Yes mom and dad were once young too. The crowd will range from young to old multi generational families together rocking out having fun even if Vince Meal is fat.
Old 06-13-22, 02:16 PM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1747 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 406 Posts
We were just talking about this. I don't see this one going the distance, at least not with the traditional Crue lineup. I read that they have a backup/replacement in the wings.
If we take the last Metallica tour as an example, ability to sing (anymore) means nothing.
Old 06-14-22, 01:22 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Originally Posted by Juan Foote View Post
We were just talking about this. I don't see this one going the distance, at least not with the traditional Crue lineup. I read that they have a backup/replacement in the wings.
If we take the last Metallica tour as an example, ability to sing (anymore) means nothing.
Yup I donít think Vince Neal can take a grueling tour schedule. I wonder who could replace him? Mick Mars has arthritis but he can stand still and play guitar. Def Leppard is in shape they have a personal trainer and a dietitian that will travel with them. Poison despite the cheese lol seems ready to go. Playing to 40,000 + fans a night I would figure you would take that seriously. We will find out soon.
Old 06-16-22, 02:15 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Tonight Atlanta Georgia and I will be waiting for reports on music websites, Twitter, ****** or whatever. Have the potential to be great and to flop. Talking to you Vince Meal! only had tickets for 3 years! At first I wasn’t interested then I was OK WTH it will be fun. So I got tickets for the Houston show. Then latter when the promoters saw that it was selling well they decided to add more cities and they added San Antonio. So I was stuck with Houston tickets so what 3 hour road trip. Then Covid postpones the tour so I got the $ back for the Houston concert and cost roughly the same for San Antonio. See what happens.
Old 06-16-22, 08:58 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

I will rate this a passable for Vince Neal the two hot female singers can help him out. The crowd can too . But F it if they make it to San Antonio it will be fun. No footage on Def Leppard in Atlanta they are closing this show. C- better than a F … the rest of the band sounds good A-
Old 06-16-22, 09:20 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Poison sounds good. I figured they still have something left. They looked like women when I saw them back in 1987.
Old 06-16-22, 09:28 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Def Leppard will carry this tour.. bas azz. A+
Old 06-16-22, 10:48 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Yup, the Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee was playing with 5 broken ribs and couldnít finish so a replacement came in. He returned to do the final song. So what you have said already happened on day 1. From the videos Iíve posted Def Leppard seems to have it together. Too hard to tell with an I phone video.
Old 06-17-22, 01:39 PM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

The concert happened in Atl last night. Several of our friends went and universally "best concert they have ever attended".

Apparently, they opened up some sub $60 tickets way up in nosebleed/Everest and totally would have gone knowing that. I didn't check back in.
Old 06-17-22, 04:49 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

The concert happened in Atl last night. Several of our friends went and universally "best concert they have ever attended".

Apparently, they opened up some sub $60 tickets way up in nosebleed/Everest and totally would have gone knowing that. I didn't check back in.
Good news. Hopefully all the bands can keep it together the whole way. When they hit San Antonio on Aug 21 it will be inside in a dome. Weather should be no factor it will probably be 100+ outside. Iím glad your friends had a great time. Most San Antonio tickets have been sold there is probably about 2,000 or more left so people who decide last minute can probably get a seat. Alamodome is more of a football style stadium. Can hold about 46,000 for typical concert stage. George Strait had a center stage and 76,000 was stuffed in there a few years ago.
Old 06-20-22, 12:38 PM
Stadjer

Bikes: Gazelle rod brakes, Batavus compact, Peugeot hybrid

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 4943 Post(s)
Liked 759 Times in 583 Posts
I just found out Guns n Roses is playing here, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, this thursday and there still seem to be tickets. I'm more into small venues and more acuostic music lately (the past 2 decades at least). Depends on the wind a bit but probably I can deduct the setlist if I open a window.
Old 06-20-22, 01:19 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Originally Posted by Stadjer View Post
I just found out Guns n Roses is playing here, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, this thursday and there still seem to be tickets. I'm more into small venues and more acuostic music lately (the past 2 decades at least). Depends on the wind a bit but probably I can deduct the setlist if I open a window.
Yup, GnR is touring Europe this summer.
Thursday,
Jun 23, 2022
Stadspark
Groningen, NL

Just go something to do.
Old 06-20-22, 01:24 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Hersey, Pennsylvania June 2021

Last edited by Hondo Gravel; 06-20-22 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-20-22, 02:15 PM
Stadjer

Bikes: Gazelle rod brakes, Batavus compact, Peugeot hybrid

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 4943 Post(s)
Liked 759 Times in 583 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Yup, GnR is touring Europe this summer.
Thursday,
Jun 23, 2022
Stadspark
Groningen, NL

Just go something to do.
I think I might have a mild case of tinnitus, from that time a fell asleep inside a speaker. I'm much more at ease with less amplified live music.
Old 06-30-22, 04:33 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Looks like Vince Meal is going to make it so far so good we’ll at least he isn’t dead. Tommy Lee play a complete show so I guess his ribs are healing but Aug 21 is ways off. The Texas Triangle is all but sold out that is Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. KISS got caught using backing tracks in Antwerp Belgium but we all knew they were doing that. There is talk about the stadium tour going to Europe in summer 2023.
Old 07-01-22, 08:40 AM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

Brett Michaels out with illness canceled Nashville show. Not much of a Poison fan but Brett Michaels has done a lot of good for diabetics in form of awareness and how to manage the condition. Fans are saying Poison is performing well on stage. Hopefully he will be ok and ready to go soon. Aug 21 is a ways off from now so by the time this tour reaches San Antonio all the bands will be ready. Holding tickets for nearly 3 years.
Old 07-01-22, 10:22 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked 380 Times in 302 Posts
That stadium tour’s actually got a pretty decent line-up.
If they were playing in/near NYC, I’d be up for it. But closest they come is all the way up in Buffalo, so forget that lol.
With any luck, Michaels will be good to go by august. Get well soon, Brett!
Likes For Rage:
Old 07-01-22, 05:19 PM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

I spoke with someone who made the Nashville show, and other friends that made the Atlanta kick off and according to (all) of them the show is quite good. I hope they don't all crack before the show makes it that far.
Old 07-01-22, 08:46 PM
Hondo Gravel
Life Feeds On Life

I spoke with someone who made the Nashville show, and other friends that made the Atlanta kick off and according to (all) of them the show is quite good. I hope they don't all crack before the show makes it that far.
Alamodome Aug 21 so hopefully it will still be going strong.