Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from San Antonio, Texas!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-20, 11:44 PM
Afcyclestx
RiseUpRideHardGrindOn

Bikes: Throne Tracklord, Throne Phantom, IRO, Haro V1 SS Conversion, Vintage Specialized Rockhopper SS Conversion, Raleigh Carlton, Stolen BMX, Gravity Deadeye 29er, Vintage Ironhorse 26” FG Conversion, State Megalith, Pure Fix steel, Trek 7500,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Just wanted to say hey. Y’all.
I run an underground Bikeshop and guerilla PopUp. Grew up in the 80’s and my first “real” bike was a turquoise RL20 BMX. Rode for a while and joined a band and toured for a while. Had a kid. Quit the band and went to culinary school. Graduated in 2005. I guess I stopped riding around 2002. I used to ride a BMX to work. After graduating I didn’t touch a bike until quarantine. Got payed off from work (restaurants got hit hard) and got a BMX with my stimulus check and fixed it up (used my informal training as a kid working on bikes to fix these beat up bikes I was buying) and sold it on offerup. Then I got another. And another. And another... And then a friend turned me on to a fixed gear and I immediately fell in love. Been riding fixed gear and 21” BMX everyday. Found an old friend on offerup. We both decided to get serious about bike sales and joined forces with another guy and afcyclestx blossomed. Now I don’t want to go back to the kitchen. I’m trying hard to rebuild bikes and make a name for Afcycles by hustling hard. My training as Executive Chef has helped with my business negotiating and conception of my business. So that’s me. Good to meet you all.
Old 11-20-20, 12:15 AM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums.

Very Nice Intro

Likes For 10 Wheels:
Old 11-20-20, 10:30 AM
texbiker

Bikes: Cervelo Caledonia Rival AXS eTap, Blue Norcross AL, Lynskey Helix

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 81 Posts
Nice story. Welcome to BikeForums.
Likes For texbiker:
Old 11-20-20, 07:24 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Welcome and good luck on your new venture!
I got furloughed at the beginning of this thing myself and, well, it’s starting to get rough lol. Good for you, bud.
Likes For Rage: