Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

What Shoes do you Use for Cycling?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

What Shoes do you Use for Cycling?

Old 09-14-21, 08:57 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,095 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by AdkMtnMonster
Post #16? Yeah, I can see how no one at all liked it. Laugh at what you find funny, but don’t blame me because you’re not a couple of bright cats. For what it’s worth, Post #16 was some of my very highest quality brew, and I had to sit down for a while after I composed it. Thank God the tp shortage is a thing of the past!

All your likes on that post show is that stupid cheap shot insult humor remains popular with a certain clique on bf. Meantime, you don't look like a bright cat trying to convince someone who understands he's probably the butt of that cheap shot that it's his fault for not appreciating your extremely stale "dry humor." And to make the attack even more egregious, you then repeated it in another thread adding essentially that everyone knows who you are talking about.

You're being a total jerk to a bunch of people. You claim it isn't aimed at me, fine, I'll accept that. But you really shouldn't get all self-righteous and smug when someone else decides it's aimed at them. It's an obvious attack. It's aimed at someone.
Old 09-14-21, 09:06 PM
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.

Bikes: Road bikes, mountain bikes, a cx bike, a gravel bike…

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 339 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
All your likes on that post show is that stupid cheap shot insult humor remains popular with a certain clique on bf. Meantime, you don't look like a bright cat trying to convince someone who understands he's probably the butt of that cheap shot that it's his fault for not appreciating your extremely stale "dry humor." And to make the attack even more egregious, you then repeated it in another thread adding essentially that everyone knows who you are talking about.

You're being a total jerk to a bunch of people. You claim it isn't aimed at me, fine, I'll accept that. But you really shouldn't get all self-righteous and smug when someone else decides it's aimed at them. It's an obvious attack. It's aimed at someone.
Man, I don’t even know who you are, and you think I make veiled posts addressed at you? That’s what’s known as an over-inflated sense of importance, or some sort of narcissistic disorder. You need to stop thinking that anything that I post (or posted) was directed at you unless I quoted you, like this post. You shouldn’t care one bit about what I say or what my opinions are, but you just can’t stop thinking about as nothing I post. It’s kind of adorable. Not sure if I should be flattered.
Old 09-14-21, 10:00 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Man, I don’t even know who you are, and you think I make veiled posts addressed at you? That’s what’s known as an over-inflated sense of importance, or some sort of narcissistic disorder. You need to stop thinking that anything that I post (or posted) was directed at you unless I quoted you, like this post. You shouldn’t care one bit about what I say or what my opinions are, but you just can’t stop thinking about as nothing I post. It’s kind of adorable. Not sure if I should be flattered.

Add reading comprehension to skills you lack. I specifically said I didn't think it was aimed at me. But the guy you lectured about your supposed dry wit sure thought it was aimed at a group he's a member of.

No, you shouldn't be flattered. I think you're a bully. I don't like bullies.
Old 09-14-21, 10:12 PM
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.

Add reading comprehension to skills you lack. I specifically said I didn't think it was aimed at me. But the guy you lectured about your supposed dry wit sure thought it was aimed at a group he's a member of.

No, you shouldn't be flattered. I think you're a bully. I don't like bullies.
I think you’re awfully concerned about what I think of you and what you wear riding, and you feel extremely self-conscious about what a group of strangers thinks of you. Go ride your bike, have fun, stop patrolling BF like some kind of bicycle mall cop, and stop letting the internet wind you up. Let go, take a deep breath, and ask yourself why you’re so angry. I’m not picking on anyone. I’m picking on everyone.
Old 09-14-21, 10:17 PM
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.

It’s not such “an obvious attack” or else you’d be able to state exactly who is obviously being attacked.

Such a dim lion. Not a bright cat. You said so, yourself. Zzzooooommm!!! Or fo you prefer “woooosh”? “Maybe a five year old could explain it to you.” (Sound familiar? And you say I’m a bully? Ha, you big lovable goofball. Can’t fool me!)
Old 09-14-21, 11:59 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

I think you’re awfully concerned about what I think of you and what you wear riding, and you feel extremely self-conscious about what a group of strangers thinks of you. Go ride your bike, have fun, stop patrolling BF like some kind of bicycle mall cop, and stop letting the internet wind you up. Let go, take a deep breath, and ask yourself why you’re so angry. I’m not picking on anyone. I’m picking on everyone.
It’s not such “an obvious attack” or else you’d be able to state exactly who is obviously being attacked.

Such a dim lion. Not a bright cat. You said so, yourself. Zzzooooommm!!! Or fo you prefer “woooosh”? “Maybe a five year old could explain it to you.” (Sound familiar? And you say I’m a bully? Ha, you big lovable goofball. Can’t fool me!)

You Bloody Hypocrite! This was an attack on everyone who posted they wore non-cycling shoes on platform pedals(the horror! the horror!). You were scolding people for this and definitely implying they were lesser riders than you. If anyone was policing content, it was you, Cycling Kit Karen.

And you've done it to the same people in several threads. This you "do it to everybody" is a load of crap.
You're a snotty snob, and it's pretty sad.
Old 09-15-21, 07:19 AM
Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 1,638 Times in 943 Posts
I felt like I was being attacked in post 25 and 40 of this other shoe thread.

https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plu...at-pedals.html

You called me Fredly & basically a liar. I probably should have pushed back more but I know you would have just pulled me down lower and used your experience in internet pissing contests
Likes For Deal4Fuji: