Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Cheap bike jerseys on Amazon?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-21, 12:44 PM
gleeloyd

Bikes: Trek Top Fuel 9.9 mountain bike, Santa Cruz Stigmata gravel bike, Specialized Turbo Como SL 4.0 (wife's e-bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Anyone here have experience with any of those inexpensive cycling jerseys on Amazon? These are $20-$30 and from brands I've never heard of.
Old 05-16-21, 12:52 PM
kahn

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 396 Posts
We know we pay extra for name brands. But...

So these cheap jerseys are made from discarded plastic ddt containers??? I fortunately cornered the market on yellow Performance jerseys many years ago. They are holding up pretty well - better than some branded cycling shorts. And finding cycling shorts is presenting a challenge.
Old 05-16-21, 01:55 PM
dsaul

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 796 Times in 473 Posts
I have purchased about 6 of them over the past few years and the two brands I like the best are Miloto and Weimostar. They all have Asian sizing, so you'll need to size up a couple of sizes and they seem to think that larger sizes just mean longer torso and longer sleeves with the same small chest size. They are definitely not the same quality as more expensive name brands and I don't think the fabrics breathe as well as name brand stuff. I have had a zipper failure on one of them, rendering it useless.
Old 05-16-21, 02:07 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,945 Times in 1,906 Posts
Originally Posted by dsaul
I have purchased about 6 of them over the past few years and the two brands I like the best are Miloto and Weimostar. They all have Asian sizing, so you'll need to size up a couple of sizes and they seem to think that larger sizes just mean longer torso and longer sleeves with the same small chest size. They are definitely not the same quality as more expensive name brands and I don't think the fabrics breathe as well as name brand stuff. I have had a zipper failure on one of them, rendering it useless.
i had the opposite issue with those generics. The torso was way to short, arms were short, the back side flopped like a kmart bag on the highway.
Old 05-16-21, 02:22 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6935 Post(s)
Liked 10,940 Times in 4,674 Posts
Life is too short for cheap and nasty.

I’d rather have only a couple good jerseys and wash them in the sink after each ride.
Old 05-16-21, 04:01 PM
Koyote

Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis
Well that's pretty easy for you guys who only ride once a week!
With today’s ride, I’ve got 250 miles for the week.

How many miles did you ride?
Old 05-16-21, 04:10 PM
Koyote

I was just kidding man, don't get your chamois in a bunch.
It’s easy to claim that you’re “just kidding” after you’ve been slapped down.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 05-16-21, 04:33 PM
Koyote

Well that's pretty easy for you guys who only ride once a week!
Originally Posted by Koyote
With today’s ride, I’ve got 250 miles for the week.

How many miles did you ride?
Wow, ok! I did insert the laughing face if you noticed to show that it was in fun. But if your chamois is wound that tight, you need to relax.

Slap me down, ha ha ha! I don't think so. What a weak sense of slapping down you have. Being a tough guy behind the screen ain't a slap down.
Sounds like your answer is “not very far.” Got it.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 05-16-21, 04:36 PM
Dirt Farmer

Bikes: Jamis Quest Elite; Fuji Sagres; Trek Fuel EX 8

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 54 Posts
Online Cycling Gear has jerseys under $45, and they are nice quality.

just buy LARGE! (I'm a clyde, but nowhere near a 4XL clyde, and that's what I need to buy from them. Then again, I never liked my jerseys to be "painted on")
Old 05-16-21, 04:40 PM
Troul 

length measurements are never accurate. A painted on tube top showing a spare tire might be illegal in some states. I'm not going to find out if it is.
Old 05-16-21, 06:00 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
I buy used or new/old jerseys off of ebay you can get some good deals.
Old 05-16-21, 06:28 PM
gringomojado

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 86 Posts
Cheap jerseys make me ride faster

gm
Old 05-16-21, 06:44 PM
CAT7RDR

Bikes: 1999 Schwinn Peloton Ultegra 10, Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra, Trek Marlin 6 Deore 29'er

Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked 1,955 Times in 941 Posts
I've grown disenchanted with road cycling apparel cheap or expensive brands. Seems none of it is made to my standards and I am leaning towards MTB enduro apparel now to wear on both tarmac, and dirt/gravel utility road in SoCal.
Old 05-16-21, 07:00 PM
Koyote

Well, yesterday's ride was 45 at an 18.3 average speed. But I had time to post in the ride threads whereas it seems you're too busy washing your clothes to post!

FTR, I try to do 400 to 500 miles per month all year. No seasonal 5 month high mileage seasonal bragging periods. 23 consecutive years, anywhere from 4,000-7,300 miles over the years.

Of course I'm sure you're a 10,000 mile year every year rider with an average speed of 23 MPH. Must be with your superior attitude.

Honestly, I did take last week off, the first in a long time. So I have 70 this week so far. But one week doesn't mean squat. What is your yearly total so far?
Hmm, taking a little long with the answer. One of those one year wonders, or one week wonders.

MMM, even longer to respond after the big talk. One of those ride a lot for couple of months type of guys.

I know the type. Had plenty other local forum members who rode for a year or two talking about how many miles they rode in a week. Only to post ZERO miles after that for the next 5 years. But hey, they did more than me that one week I went to a wedding on Saturday.
Geez, I saw that you started a whole thread about your mileage numbers. Will it make you feel less insecure if I tell you that I'm impressed? Okay, I'm impressed.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 05-16-21, 07:32 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18397 Post(s)
Liked 15,493 Times in 7,316 Posts
Originally Posted by CAT7RDR
I've grown disenchanted with road cycling apparel cheap or expensive brands. Seems none of it is made to my standards and I am leaning towards MTB enduro apparel now to wear on both tarmac, and dirt/gravel utility road in SoCal.
Try Rapha.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 05-16-21, 07:43 PM
Troul 

chamwow 9D padding is where it's at.
Old 05-16-21, 07:52 PM
CAT7RDR

Bikes: 1999 Schwinn Peloton Ultegra 10, Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra, Trek Marlin 6 Deore 29'er

I could have used a ShammWow chamois today after my ride to wipe it down from the rain. Drop my bibs and instant cleaning cloth.
New thread: will ASSHOS shammy butter harm steel bikes?

Originally Posted by Troul
chamwow 9D padding is where it's at.
Old 05-16-21, 08:06 PM
CAT7RDR

^^^^^^The good ones always seem to go first. Damn!!!
Likes For CAT7RDR:
Old 05-16-21, 11:23 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2566 Post(s)
Liked 5,598 Times in 2,905 Posts
I like two manufacturers of jerseys: Roto and Bergrisar with full zips. Also have three pairs of shorts/bibs from Sponeed which I like. Bought Pearl Izumi for decades and have ASOS but for the money the Chinese brands are well made and comfortable at smokin’ prices.

Old 05-17-21, 06:06 AM
Fredo_Adagio

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 53 Posts
I bought a cheap set of bibs from an online website. I didn't figure out until after I placed the order that the company was in China. The package took weeks to arrive. The quality looked decent, but they sent the wrong size.

For good quality stuff at a reasonable price, I'll give a shout out to Black Bibs.

https://theblackbibs.com/
Likes For Fredo_Adagio:
Old 05-17-21, 03:34 PM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 611 Times in 376 Posts
A historical note: 100-150 years ago the Brits used to say that if 'every Chinese added 1 inch to his clothes, the mills in Manchester would never stop.' The only trouble was that Chinese cotton cloth was higher quality and less expensive than the Manchester product, so the Brits (and Americans and French, etc.) just kept selling opium.
Old 05-18-21, 01:13 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
I usually pick jerseys I really want, put 'em in the Amazon cart, then move them to "save for later" and wait for price drops. I don't worry about color, just price. So I've bought some good Pearl Izumi aero and Garneau jerseys for $30 or less.

Or check the manufacturers' sites outlet sections and check for bargains. Garneau, PI and a few others often have excellent bargains in their outlet/discontinued virtual bin.

I'm less picky about shorts and bibs. Przewalski, Spotti and, most recently, Cerotipolar shorts and bibs have been remarkably good for around $15-$35 -- mostly because of the excellent Dupont or comparable quality pads, but the rest of the Lycra/Spandex stuff is pretty good too. For a little more, it's hard to beat Black Bibs for value -- but their jerseys don't do anything for me.
Likes For canklecat:
Old 05-18-21, 09:43 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,473 Times in 4,181 Posts
A few days ago a riding buddy showed up in a matching jersey and bibs that were some sort of camo pattern with a few colors. Rapha in script was slapped on the left jersey breast.
The seams were folded over, there were no compression bands on the jersey or shorts, and it overall looked exactly what a $40 kit would presumably look like in terms of quality.
He didnt know what Rapha is and bought it for the design. Works for him so cool, I guess. The guy rides probably 6000mi a year so not some newb.

I dont understand the appeal of cheap clothing, but I also dont understand the appeal of expensive clothing. I firmly reside in the wide middle ground.
More expensive clothing definitely seems to last, at least everything Ive ever purchased.
I would rather have 2 quality bibs and 4 quality jerseys than have 4 mediocre bibs and 8 cheap jerseys.
Old 05-18-21, 09:56 AM
Hiro11

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
As opposed to my (already discussed) preference for cheap sunglasses, I don't believe in cheap jerseys. I buy the good stuff, to me it's easily worth the extra money with the better fit, better construction, better fabrics, better look etc. Ornot and MAAP make my favorite summer jerseys at reasonable prices.

One tip: wash all cycling stuff in mesh laundry bags away from anything velcro and hang dry. If you do that, cycling stuff will easily last years.
Old 05-18-21, 10:56 AM
Troul 

my need for a tall fitted med has yet to be found in colors I'd accept for wearing on my body. Been even searching for tall fitted large in colors of choice, no dice. I hate advertising for a company that isn't paying me for wearing there logo. I'd like to design my own long torso fitted jersey. Anything like that available?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.