Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Wabi Classic Alternative Build/Complete Bike

Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Wabi Classic Alternative Build/Complete Bike

Old 08-28-21, 06:09 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
So, that Soma was actually a size too small for me, maybe two.
Swapped it for a small box of used parts which included an Iro branded seatpost and crankset for the build.
Old 09-13-21, 02:57 PM
stevel610 

Bikes: Novara Safari, CAAD9, WABI Classic, WABI Thunder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 457 Times in 240 Posts
Originally Posted by netjack
Looks like I'll be waiting a while for the wabi classic to come back in stock!
email them and see if you can get on the list. The 2 things a Wabi has over a build is: 1) the wheels, particularly that they are true and pre-tensioned. 2) the rear fork ends are thick and seem to self align the rear wheel.

I think it is worth working a few extra shifts and save for it.
Old 09-23-21, 08:08 PM
bykemike 

Bikes: 2017 BMC Roadmachine 01 Enve wheels, Sram red etap,Cinelli Vigorelli single speed, 2009 Cannondale Capo, 2016 trek Domane 6.9, disc and Di2, 2016 Scott Scale 710, 27.5 plus tires and boost rims

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 81 Posts
If anyone is looking for a 55cm Wabi Lightning SE, I have one on Craigslist St Aug Fl.

Easy to find close to the top. Selling as either the full build with many upgrade parts or as frame only with whatever you want me to include

My quiver of SS bikes is getting out of hand, I,'ve got 5 right now plus a couple of off road bikes, a Domane, and a vintage road bike on the stand

I can't link from my mobile device but I can tomorrow afternoon from the shop
Old 09-23-21, 09:00 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
I’d be all over that if it were a size smaller. Have been looking to get my hands on a Wabi for some time now.

Would like to compare/contrast it to my current stable of fixed/ss bikes. Like yourself, I’m sitting on more than a few but they’re all pretty much “budget build” bikes. Wondering how they stack up against a more expensive offering like Wabi puts out.
Old 09-24-21, 01:29 AM
bykemike 

Bikes: 2017 BMC Roadmachine 01 Enve wheels, Sram red etap,Cinelli Vigorelli single speed, 2009 Cannondale Capo, 2016 trek Domane 6.9, disc and Di2, 2016 Scott Scale 710, 27.5 plus tires and boost rims

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 81 Posts
When I thought I might like to have a SS in the mix I picked up a clapped out Langster that was in need of a chain and tires and had a great few months riding it and was hooked real deep. I ride alone in rural areas so reliability is high on my list , I started upgrading and now that has become a whole thing.
I,m not sure how far this will go yet but we will see, I do know I prefer riding SS bikes over geared bikes by a huge margin and when I realized I can climb on them that sealed the deal .
Old 10-05-21, 03:58 PM
grant40

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked 346 Times in 204 Posts
I think a higher end, vintage road bike frameset with nicer fixed gear components would be similar, but cheaper than a Wabi.
Likes For grant40: