Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bianchi Sport SX

Old 09-19-21, 06:57 PM
The Trashman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Bianchi Sport SX

I recently acquired a blue Bianchi Sport SX for the total cost of transporting it back from the curb a few miles away.
The crankset and handlebars are sakae, it is a shimano light action braze on 7 speed with indexed/friction dt shifter as well as the derailleur, diacompe levers and calipers and a Italian saddle I stole from it for my shogun. The rear wheel is french made with a very nice looking quick release, but the front wheel is a shimano and a different color. Since the rear wheel looks nicer, I would've thought it was original with the front maybe a replacement, but it seems odd to me for a Japanese bike to have french wheels from the factory, had Michelin tires on it, but the tubes were shot.
There is some small paint loss in areas, as well as a fair amount of cosmetic rust on the chain stay from the chain striking it.
If it was cleaned up with new cabling, tubes, etc any idea of what it might be worth, more than $100, less in a not so hot location? If the frame was larger (it's 52 or smaller I suspect), I would use it over my other road bike, but the frame is quite small, given the mismatched wheels and cosmetic issues, I suspect the value as a complete bike plus the parts/effort required to get it presentable is less than the potential value of the spare parts if I stripped it down. Unfortunately cannot post a picture.

Last edited by The Trashman; 09-19-21 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-19-21, 07:46 PM
machinist42
mycocyclist

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Paramount P-13 DeLuxe, 1964 Schwinn Sport Super Sport, 1972 Falcon San Remo, 1974 Maserati MT-1, 1974 Raleigh International, 1984 Lotus Odyssey, 198? Rossin Ghibli, 1990 LeMond Le Vanquer (sic), 1991 Specialized Allez Transition Pro, +

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked 811 Times in 448 Posts
But I Can, The Trashman

Originally Posted by The Trashman
... Unfortunately cannot post a picture.
Old 10-03-21, 02:57 PM
The Trashman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
I have now put tubes in it and normal pedals on it, of course I was sent shifter housings instead of brake housings in the mail, so I wait even longer to get it ready.
Old 10-04-21, 12:52 AM
Insidious C. 

Bikes: One of everything and three of everything French

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 211 Posts
I sold one of these in Portland, maybe a year ago, for $100. I thought it was a fair price.
Old 10-04-21, 07:30 AM
bikemike73 

Bikes: 1973 Schwinn Sports Tourer plus a " few" more :)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 147 Posts
That's a GREAT pick up !!!!!!!!!

It still amazes me what people will throw away !!!

I had one of these. ..

I sold it this summer. There was nothing wrong with it. Just wanted to " thin" the heard