Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

2021 Geared Bikes Photo Thread

Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Old 01-02-21, 07:23 AM
IAmSam

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 273 Times in 136 Posts

This used be a pretty popular yearly but...

So maybe there's still a few other gearies around here & since mine was my first ride of the new year yesterday - here we go...

Likes For IAmSam:
Old 01-03-21, 01:48 PM
acoustophile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 59 Posts

Converted my road bike to to a gravel/snow rig bu throwing 38c's on it.
Likes For acoustophile:
Old 01-03-21, 06:34 PM
walnutz

Bikes: CO-OP ADV 3.1 aka Beeftank (stolen, RIP), State All-Road

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 144 Times in 75 Posts
Old 01-04-21, 04:21 PM
liverunbike
Bonecrusher

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
Old 01-11-21, 11:43 PM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 788 Post(s)
Liked 349 Times in 189 Posts

Likes For the sci guy:
Old 01-12-21, 02:02 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4251 Post(s)
Liked 3,864 Times in 2,578 Posts
Originally Posted by the sci guy

Did I already know you had a Cilo and just forgot or did I not know you had a Cilo and you just gained extra points? Regardless I like it and that Vaaast is still looking good
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 01-12-21, 02:14 PM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Originally Posted by veganbikes
Did I already know you had a Cilo and just forgot or did I not know you had a Cilo and you just gained extra points? Regardless I like it and that Vaaast is still looking good
I'm not sure. I posted about a few times in C&V. It's a relatively new acquisition - probably September? Only things newer on it besides consumables are the stem & bars for fit purposes. The 3ttt stem & bars were too big for me. Everything is else is cleaned up, tuned, and original Shimano 600.
Here's an album with all my project pics (so far): https://www.flickr.com/photos/rattle...57716521761633
I've got a sheet of replacement decals coming as well. I already have the new Columbus tubing decal, waiting for the others to arrive. The Cilo ones are OK, but I need to replace the colored bands. Not going to put decals back on the fork though.
And yeah I am loving that Vaast. I wish they'd send me one of their urban bikes too.
Likes For the sci guy:
Old 01-12-21, 02:32 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

I'm not sure. I posted about a few times in C&V. It's a relatively new acquisition - probably September? Only things newer on it besides consumables are the stem & bars for fit purposes. The 3ttt stem & bars were too big for me. Everything is else is cleaned up, tuned, and original Shimano 600.
Here's an album with all my project pics (so far): https://www.flickr.com/photos/rattle...57716521761633
I've got a sheet of replacement decals coming as well. I already have the new Columbus tubing decal, waiting for the others to arrive. The Cilo ones are OK, but I need to replace the colored bands. Not going to put decals back on the fork though.
And yeah I am loving that Vaast. I wish they'd send me one of their urban bikes too.
Me likey a lot! Who are you using for your colored bands? I could stand to replace mine. I also seem to remember that I might have bought mine in September many moons ago.
Old 01-12-21, 05:35 PM
BoozyMcliverRot

Bikes: 1991 Diamondback Master TG 1990 Trek 850 Antelope

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 106 Posts

Likes For BoozyMcliverRot:
Old 01-12-21, 06:35 PM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Me likey a lot! Who are you using for your colored bands? I could stand to replace mine. I also seem to remember that I might have bought mine in September many moons ago.
Thanks! It's a pretty nice bike - I guess the Aelle tubing is the base model stuff, but the Shimano 600 and the Mavic G40 wheelset are pretty nice.

I ordered my decals from here: https://bicals.com/home/product-cate...e-decals/cilo/
I'm a little peeved though - I ordered them December 7th and I haven't received them yet and my emails have gone unanswered..........................

VeloCals only had a few Cilo decals and none were what I needed.
Old 01-12-21, 06:40 PM
walnutz

Bikes: CO-OP ADV 3.1 aka Beeftank (stolen, RIP), State All-Road

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 144 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by BoozyMcliverRot

noice.
Old 01-12-21, 09:25 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Thanks! It's a pretty nice bike - I guess the Aelle tubing is the base model stuff, but the Shimano 600 and the Mavic G40 wheelset are pretty nice.

I ordered my decals from here: https://bicals.com/home/product-cate...e-decals/cilo/
I'm a little peeved though - I ordered them December 7th and I haven't received them yet and my emails have gone unanswered..........................

VeloCals only had a few Cilo decals and none were what I needed.
Could be but it is still good known tubing from a quality manufacturer. Mine is Reynolds 531 and the big reason I got it was it did have 7400 on it but now is a hodgepodge of parts some original to my getting of the bike and some parts bin stuff but should be a fun ride again. Those G40s are money. My wheels were at the end of life pretty much Araya rims of some sort with the Hard Anodized Finish but I was able to rebuild the hubs at least.

Damn that sucks...hopefully they send it all. I had seen VeloCals but I might check out Bicals at some point. Really I just need the stripes and nothing that I had seen seemed to match.
Old 01-12-21, 09:43 PM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Really I just need the stripes and nothing that I had seen seemed to match.
exact same reason i ordered these. none of the colored bands on velocals were close enough. this was the only complete real set.
Old 01-12-21, 09:49 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

exact same reason i ordered these. none of the colored bands on velocals were close enough. this was the only complete real set.
Yeah. I kept looking and then was like maybe I print myself but then I was like I don't want to measure and try and be so accurate and then gave up on the project. But you have reinvigorated things.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 02-15-21, 01:14 PM
50voltphantom

Bikes: Handsome Fredward, Trek 1.1

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 131 Times in 47 Posts
After a 34 deg ride in February. Needs a fresh seatpost. I've replaced every single part on this bike besides the lower headset bearing and derailleur hanger since I got it. No regrets. Will probably swap everything to a one size larger frame eventually.

Last edited by 50voltphantom; 02-15-21 at 01:17 PM.
Likes For 50voltphantom:
Old 02-28-21, 12:14 PM
Speedway2

Bikes: United Motocross BMX, Specialized Langster, Giant OCR, Marin Muirwoods, Globe Roll2, VROD:)

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked 400 Times in 242 Posts
I just finished a drop to flat-bar conversion.
Parts installed: Easton 22" straight bar, ARX PRO 3T 120mm stem, Shimano BL-R550 brake levers and Ergon grips

Bought this Giant in 2001 BNIB and up-graded the wheels to Mavic Open Pros with105 hubs and changed the FD/RD to 105s. I rode this bike everywhere but its been collecting dust for the last few years as I found my flat bar bikes became more comfortable for this Old Phart.

I recently found myself without a geared bike after trading my Hybrid for a 2nd SS.

Looking forward to putting the Giant back into the Rotation.....especially for those hilly rides

Was about to take it out for its first ride but it starting raining.....

Ended up swapping the med chain ring with the large one and removing the FD/shifter.

Last edited by Speedway2; 04-19-21 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Parts
Likes For Speedway2:
Old 03-02-21, 08:30 AM
MAGAIVER

Bikes: Kona Unit, Kona Kahuna, Kona Dew DL, Scott Big Jon, Trek Checkpoint ALR4, KHS Urban Soul, Haro Team Issue, GT Force Expert Carbon, Bernardi Quadra.

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 25 Posts
Bernardi Quadra, with Campagnolo Xenon. I'm currently looking for a nice 27.2 seatpost for it and I have a Flite saddle on the way.

2019 Trek Checkpoint ALR 4 with lots of upgrades.

2015 GT Force Expert Carbon with SLX 7100

Those are the latest geared toys I bought in the last few years.
Likes For MAGAIVER:
Old 03-09-21, 09:55 PM
acoustophile

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 59 Posts
Likes For acoustophile:
Old 03-10-21, 07:25 AM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Could be but it is still good known tubing from a quality manufacturer. Mine is Reynolds 531 and the big reason I got it was it did have 7400 on it but now is a hodgepodge of parts some original to my getting of the bike and some parts bin stuff but should be a fun ride again. Those G40s are money. My wheels were at the end of life pretty much Araya rims of some sort with the Hard Anodized Finish but I was able to rebuild the hubs at least.

Damn that sucks...hopefully they send it all. I had seen VeloCals but I might check out Bicals at some point. Really I just need the stripes and nothing that I had seen seemed to match.
FYI my Cilo decals from BiCals did finally show up. They look good. Haven't put them on yet but they showed up.
Likes For the sci guy:
Old 03-15-21, 09:48 PM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Yeah. I kept looking and then was like maybe I print myself but then I was like I don't want to measure and try and be so accurate and then gave up on the project. But you have reinvigorated things.
I put the new decals on today - only really needed the Columbus sticker and the banded colors; the Cilo name decals are all in great shape, a little dingy but not enough for me to take them all off.

Anyway, here’s a before and after:

Likes For the sci guy:
Old 03-25-21, 01:32 PM
abshipp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane Grand Jubile, 2020 Holdsworth Competition, 2022 Giant Trance 29 3

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 3329 Post(s)
Liked 3,554 Times in 1,226 Posts
Here's my two at the moment:

Old 04-11-21, 09:02 AM
espi-JG
I see you over there

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Everyone's Favorite Chinarello

Old 04-12-21, 01:07 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

I still don't get the whole let's put fake stickers on and represent my bike as a Pinarello even though it is fake and I claim to know it is fake. I guess people have sad enough lives that they need the validation? I would just paint it up with no logos or put my name on it or the Chinese flag and just enjoy the bike instead of trying to make people think I have something I don't.
Old 04-17-21, 05:05 PM
BassistBiker
Wide Load

Bikes: Salsa Journeyman, Trek Fuel EX 8, State Bicycles Delfin Core-Line

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Well this thread is slow sooooo, time for more bike pics!

Here's my Salsa Journeyman, and the wifes Poseidon X (Really great bike for the money)

And here's my Trek Fuel EX 8...Fantastic Trail Bike, takes everything I throw at it.

And the wifes Liv Pique SX 2

Last edited by BassistBiker; 04-17-21 at 05:10 PM.
Likes For BassistBiker:
Old 04-17-21, 05:20 PM
stevel610 

Bikes: Novara Safari, CAAD9, WABI Classic, WABI Thunder

Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 456 Times in 239 Posts
Caad9

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.