Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Just hit 12000 miles and I get my first error code.

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-21, 06:21 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts

I just hit 12000 miles in 2 weeks short of 2 years. i have had the Nyon wig out till I reset it and updated it till last night. i took the battery off and it would not restart till the second time then it was fine.
all day yesterday was a bad day rain both ways my cnc router was having issues my bike wanted to be wonky and my heath is wonky too.
today on the ride home it started acting up the speed would be all over the place. took it into the shop but the bosh mechanic is not in till Sunday.
Old 11-14-21, 09:00 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4352 Post(s)
Liked 3,990 Times in 2,663 Posts
I am curious what error code popped up? It may just need some firmware, I know mine likes to be updated with some regularity or did but now it seems to have evened out.

I would check and make sure your sensors are all lined up, that can cause issues.
Old 11-14-21, 09:08 PM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by veganbikes
I am curious what error code popped up? It may just need some firmware, I know mine likes to be updated with some regularity or did but now it seems to have evened out.

I would check and make sure your sensors are all lined up, that can cause issues.
It was 503 the speed sensor. but it looked fine to me. it was kinda random it would work then it would pop up then work randomly. The mechanic thing it was not absolutely aligned so maybe thats it. or the sensor is toast. it was updated though. my noon would just stop showing the speed and all other info but my hart rate then start again it would not record the ride on that section. Friday I got the 503 error code and it would work or the assist would stop or the speed would jump all over. but t looks fine on the magnet. on our tandem the magnet had tp be pretty rooted to not work so I thought it was fine. soI will see. it was really bad Friday when I took it in.
Old 11-14-21, 09:22 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
It was 503 the speed sensor. but it looked fine to me. it was kinda random it would work then it would pop up then work randomly. The mechanic thing it was not absolutely aligned so maybe thats it. or the sensor is toast. it was updated though. my noon would just stop showing the speed and all other info but my hart rate then start again it would not record the ride on that section. Friday I got the 503 error code and it would work or the assist would stop or the speed would jump all over. but t looks fine on the magnet. on our tandem the magnet had tp be pretty rooted to not work so I thought it was fine. soI will see. it was really bad Friday when I took it in.
Ahh a good ole' 503, the alignment is crucial so that could be very much the ticket. If the sensor is toast then hopefully they can get you a new one.
Old 11-14-21, 09:32 PM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by veganbikes
Ahh a good ole' 503, the alignment is crucial so that could be very much the ticket. If the sensor is toast then hopefully they can get you a new one.
on our tandem it had to be twisted about 1/2 the way around before I got that error. I kept forgetting to tighten it. but it was pretty close on my bike maybe it needed to go a tiny bit forward. it and the sensor was covered in pine needles and road gunk so that may have been a issue too.
Old 11-14-21, 11:11 PM
MarcusT

Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked 617 Times in 344 Posts
Same code and after 30 mins of swearing and fiddling....yup, it was the magnet, had moved 1/2 cm
Old 11-15-21, 10:42 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
on our tandem it had to be twisted about 1/2 the way around before I got that error. I kept forgetting to tighten it. but it was pretty close on my bike maybe it needed to go a tiny bit forward. it and the sensor was covered in pine needles and road gunk so that may have been a issue too.
Yep that all can cause an issue. on the Brose (or at least Specialized stuff) the magnet due to its location will get covered in crud and a quick wipe and an off and on again will solve the error it brings up most of the time.