Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

New Zwift world coming - Neokyo

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-21, 01:25 PM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked 844 Times in 408 Posts

Zwift release announcement : Pretty big changes coming to Zwift this month. Neokyo (like "Neon Tokyo" I guess). New roads, new city. Riding this a.m., I didn't see anything new, so I guess this release is not quite out yet, at least for my iPad platform. Anyone seen any of this? Here's a good rundown of what's coming, including a major re-working of the UI.
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2021/10/...ic-launch.html
Old 11-04-21, 03:59 PM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 817 Post(s)
Liked 1,651 Times in 778 Posts
I'd like to see what the Club Rides really entails. As it is now, you can create a meetup, invite members of your club that also Zwift, and conduct a ride where everyone else on the road is invisible. Other than 'club colors' I don't see much of a benefit, but I could be missing something.
Likes For Bald Paul:
Old 11-04-21, 05:10 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10413 Post(s)
Liked 11,874 Times in 6,081 Posts
If there's no Godzilla, I'm not riding there!

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey:
Old 11-04-21, 05:12 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by Bald Paul
I'd like to see what the Club Rides really entails. As it is now, you can create a meetup, invite members of your club that also Zwift, and conduct a ride where everyone else on the road is invisible. Other than 'club colors' I don't see much of a benefit, but I could be missing something.
Same. That's what we were doing for team rides in the pandemic.
Old 11-04-21, 06:05 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4391 Post(s)
Liked 4,833 Times in 2,988 Posts
From what I read on Zwift Insider it just means you can have a more formal club membership with links to regular club events and club related stats and info etc. Similar to what you see with the larger public group rides already.
Likes For PeteHski:
Old 11-04-21, 08:13 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,181 Times in 687 Posts
i read the DC info. this seems to be a pretty boring update. maybe there is more than what i read about. quite disapointed about the new routes added, all flat?

i'd like to see some real gaming added to this, zwift is getting kind of boring of late. i'm thinking of some sort of quest like game where you need to accomplish something within some sort of time frame, or try not to get caught by the dinosaurs, and if you do you really need to kick up the watts to break free. i don't know exactly but something to make it more engaging.

let me ride on mars or the moon or something dumb like that. amplify the speed by a great factor and let me do mario kart and dodge the blue shell (i've played with my kids, kind of fun actually, man, i hate that darn shell).
Old 11-04-21, 08:20 PM
atwl77
Kamen Rider

Bikes: Fuji Transonic Elite, Marechal Soul Ultimate, Dahon Dash Altena

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 164 Posts
Speaking of gaming elements, I'd love if they took cues from open world racing games like Forza Horizon. i.e. Tons of event points all over the map, ride over to those points to activate some short event like a quick time trial, outrun a dog (or boar, or sabre tooth tiger), etc. You can play them solo, or a couple of riders can gather and run the event together as a short multiplayer event. Mostly wishful thinking, but still... would be fun...
Old 11-05-21, 10:34 AM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked 844 Times in 408 Posts
I'm looking forward to a new UI, hoping the "open up and get going" workflow is a big improvement. We shall see. I'm just glad to have new roads to explore, scenery to look at. Gamewise, gimme a treasure hunt. where you get a set of clues, then you ride, stop and snap a pic. clues get harder, visit all worlds, find the easter-eggs.
Old 11-05-21, 04:11 PM
PeteHski

Originally Posted by spelger

let me ride on mars or the moon or something dumb like that.
Well there is always this:-

https://www.sol.bike
Likes For PeteHski:
Old 11-05-21, 06:00 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,690 Times in 2,513 Posts
I'm going with Neokyo meaning "New Tokyo"

Anything they can do to get me riding faster would be welcome. What would be nice is if you could set up a ride from your web account.
Likes For unterhausen:
Old 11-05-21, 06:05 PM
PeteHski

Originally Posted by unterhausen
I'm going with Neokyo meaning "New Tokyo"

Anything they can do to get me riding faster would be welcome. What would be nice is if you could set up a ride from your web account.
It means "Neon Tokyo"
Likes For PeteHski:
Old 11-06-21, 07:08 AM
Bald Paul

i'd like to see some real gaming added to this, zwift is getting kind of boring of late. i'm thinking of some sort of quest like game where you need to accomplish something within some sort of time frame, or try not to get caught by the dinosaurs, and if you do you really need to kick up the watts to break free. i don't know exactly but something to make it more engaging.
Have you entered a Zwift race? Join a group rated for 2 w/kg, and then realize you have to push almost double that just to keep from getting dropped on the lead in! You could always try to race the train as it pulls into the town in Fuego Flats. And, if you weren't able to out pace the dinosaurs (that little group of Raptors are pretty fast) what would happen then? As they say, "I don't have to ride faster than the dinosaurs, I just have to ride faster than you!"
Old 11-06-21, 05:38 PM
spelger

Originally Posted by PeteHski
Well there is always this:-

https://www.sol.bike
if it weren't for STEAM i might have given it a try.
Old 11-06-21, 05:41 PM
spelger

Have you entered a Zwift race? Join a group rated for 2 w/kg, and then realize you have to push almost double that just to keep from getting dropped on the lead in! You could always try to race the train as it pulls into the town in Fuego Flats. And, if you weren't able to out pace the dinosaurs (that little group of Raptors are pretty fast) what would happen then? As they say, "I don't have to ride faster than the dinosaurs, I just have to ride faster than you!"
i've done one in the past. looking forward to the even filtering i read about in their new UI. too much stuff to look through that i am not interested in, 2021 and they are only now adding filtering.

i'd like to try a race again but i feel that i need to back off riding for a bit. i'm feeling a little more bruised from a run in with a car i had earlier in the week.
Old 11-07-21, 06:11 AM
Bald Paul

i've done one in the past. looking forward to the even filtering i read about in their new UI. too much stuff to look through that i am not interested in, 2021 and they are only now adding filtering.

i'd like to try a race again but i feel that i need to back off riding for a bit. i'm feeling a little more bruised from a run in with a car i had earlier in the week.
OUCH! Listen to your body and heal up.
Likes For Bald Paul:
Old 11-08-21, 09:05 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,690 Times in 2,513 Posts
In my estimation, the one mistake zwift continues to make is not crediting you with finishing a ride after the first time you do it. Congratulations, you just completed the radio tower ride for the 50th time!
Badges are really popular, they should make more.
Likes For unterhausen:
Old 11-08-21, 11:03 AM
spelger

Originally Posted by unterhausen
In my estimation, the one mistake zwift continues to make is not crediting you with finishing a ride after the first time you do it. Congratulations, you just completed the radio tower ride for the 50th time!
Badges are really popular, they should make more.
how did you know i've been up there 50 times?
Likes For spelger:
Old 11-10-21, 07:57 AM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts
Not to be a negative ninny but Makuri is my least favorite world, actually tied with NYC.

I'm just getting back to Zwift after riding outside for the summer so I have lost track of some things. I use that utility app that allows you to choose a world that is not available from the user interface but I have noticed that France is not on the utility anymore. France is actually my favorite world.

Anyway according to zwift insider this expansion of Makuri Island should be released within a week.
Old 11-10-21, 02:20 PM
spelger

guess i'm contrarian here, i find the Makuri routes the most visually beautiful routes in all of zwift. but, there is only one good climb so i don't ride there very often. the expansion that i read about only adds flat routes so pretty boring as far as i am concerned. i like watopia the best becasue of the variety it offers but they all do get a bit old after a while.
Old 11-10-21, 05:30 PM
tempocyclist

Bikes: 2002 Trek 5200 (US POSTAL), 2020 Canyon Aeroad SL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked 680 Times in 327 Posts
guess i'm contrarian here, i find the Makuri routes the most visually beautiful routes in all of zwift. but, there is only one good climb so i don't ride there very often. the expansion that i read about only adds flat routes so pretty boring as far as i am concerned. i like watopia the best becasue of the variety it offers but they all do get a bit old after a while.

I'm the same, although I don't mind flat. 😁 Makuri is visually beautiful and I rode it once or twice when it was released just to take in some of the new graphics, but that's it.

Apart from a couple of events, I've hardy ridden any of the France roads. Bologna once, Crit City never. For free rides I almost exclusively choose Watopia.
Old 11-11-21, 12:50 PM
Zoxe

Bikes: Giant Cypress DX, Bianchi Imola, Surly Cross Check 105, Twin6 Standard TI FSU

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 22 Posts
I always look forward to Makuri on the calendar and am looking forward to the new routes. I know people complain about the new routes being flat. I hadn't ridden Fuego in months but went there this week. Good gravy the number of people! Zwift has the data to say what people actually queue up and ride. There needs to be balance to keep everyone interested, but am ok with more flat-ish routes.

I'm looking forward to the Club feature. I am not on FB, don't care to be, and it seems like much community makes that a requirement. I'd gladly support a group ingame

Re: other features - I did the Halloween pace partner event and wish there was a "Recovery Randy" or "Recovery Rhonda" riding around at the speed that the dinosaur was. Yesterday was a recovery day for me and I was by myself getting passed and knocked around in zone2 which gets old fast. I don't care about boosted drop/rewards, just give me the rolling party social vibe, or a mini-game like connecting the costume pieces.
Old 11-15-21, 10:45 AM
msu2001la

Quoted: 1455 Post(s)
Liked 1,477 Times in 867 Posts
Same. Neokyo looks cool, and the Makuri Islands world as a whole is really beautiful, but I find the short/flat routes to be really boring. I dislike riding UCI Richmond course and Champs Elysees for similar reasons. I only ride them if I'm doing an event or a structured workout - for free riding Watopia is still the best. I love doing the big climbs and am hoping a Mt Fuji climb is coming in the future.
Old 11-18-21, 04:50 PM
Bald Paul

Neokyo opened today. You have to allow Zwift to update, and you also must update the Companion app on your phone if you want to see the routes there. On my Android phone I had to go to Settings/Apps and then do a Force Stop on Companion. Once restarted, the routes showed up.
It's a very bright city! Mostly flat, with lots of sprint zones.

Likes For Bald Paul:
Old 11-18-21, 04:59 PM
spelger

i'm sure i will ride it because it is there but i doubt i will spend much time in it since it was described as flat.

it always nice to see a change of scenery.
Old 11-18-21, 07:27 PM
ingo

Bikes: Cervelo S3, Ridley Helium, Cannondale Topstone Carbon, Giant Trance

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 24 Posts
There are so many U turns and continuous twisty sections that it gives me motion sickness. It's like riding the worm segment in France for the entire route. One ride and that's it for me riding in this world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.