Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Six Hit in Texas

Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Six Hit in Texas

Old 02-17-22, 07:51 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,095 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by jack pot
sorry for the mislead ... he was not guilty of anything...he just had the unfortunate happen to him... it could have been anyone who rides on 2 wheels ...i said what i did because this thread is A & safety and based on my thousands of east texas moto miles i would never advocate riding 787

Your behavior on this thread has been awful, and you have been repeatedly saying nasty things about a dead person for nothing but rhetorical effect. Frankly, you also obviously lied or misremembered the "twistie" and "blind curve" aspects of that road as there's clear evidence online that the road just doesn't have those features. You could have left it at "I don't recommend..." but you felt it was necessary to blame the man for getting hit by an apparently near-blind driver. Posting that quote of the victim as if noting that there are bad drivers in Texas somehow implicated him is inexcusable.

And I don't need your apology. I do think you owe a very big apology to mr_bill , who actually lost his friend from this incident.
Old 02-18-22, 04:35 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2670 Post(s)
Liked 1,149 Times in 871 Posts
I beg Mr Bill's pardon in a most non internet sincere way...........................FWIW I know Liberty County and I know the DA there and I am going to check on where this matter now sits. I also know 787 where SH 146 crosses. 787 west of SH146 is a ribbon of moto pain, there are curves, undulations, and "no passing" zones almost all the way to Cleveland. Same can be said for Rye to Saratoga. Throw in that no LEOs are ever in the area and you got yourself a roadrace track for rednecks ... i think the misleading "no twisty pic" is looking toward Cleveland and even there you can see the perils of this 2 lane unshouldered blacktop. BE SAFE ..........................................to be continued
Old 02-19-22, 02:03 PM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
The "misleading 'no twisty pic'" is where Kent was killed.

Please, just stop. Stop. Stop. Nobody but you cares about the "twisties." Stop.

-mr. bill
Likes For mr_bill: