Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Picked up a mid-90's Klein Attitude "fuselage" and need a 90's donor bike

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-22, 04:01 PM
Regulatori

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 9 Posts

I had a mid 90's Klein Attitude fuselage in the same "Team Colors" back when they were new but it was later stolen. Came across the same frameset locally on Craiglist and decided to build it up as a slow/casual project.

Question. I mainly want to build the bike up 90's era XT/XTR parts and really don't feel like hunting down individual pieces. It already has a Klein headset and bottom bracket, I mainly just need the group set and wheels.

Can anyone think of some popular 90's MTB bikes that had mid-to-upper tier Shimano components but are readily available and/or not considered some super desirable aka "This bike has cult status now and is highly desirable" that I can find on the used market? I want to buy a used 90's mountain bike that I can strip off the components/wheels and swap them to the Klein.

Just a brand/model that might be easier to find and doesn't have it's own loyal fan following (like a Klein, Bridgestone MB series, etc..)

Thanks
Old 10-31-22, 10:41 AM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
I think you are going to have an easier time hunting down the parts that full build. If I had a "meh" bike from the 90s with xt/xtr parts, I'd be parting it out.

Or maybe check at the dump.