Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

The Benefits Of Cycling

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

The Benefits Of Cycling

Old 01-11-22, 02:33 AM
  #1  
AOSTIRMOTOR
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Smile The Benefits Of Cycling

Cycling is a very good sport. Riding an e-bike on a regular basis has many health benefits that help keep you healthy.

1. Build muscle. Riding an e-bike involves the use of all muscles from the arms to the feet. It strengthens the muscles and strengthens the muscles of the legs and back as well as the shoulders.

2. Helps to lose weight. When riding an e-bike, the weight loss effect depends on the riding time and the difficulty of the terrain. Riding time, terrain difficulty and calories burned are directly proportional.

3. Can reduce stress. Riding an e-bike can have a positive effect on mood and reduce stress by enjoying the changing landscape during the ride.

4. Helps to improve sleep. Riding a bike every day promotes good health and leads to a good night's sleep. This is especially useful for insomnia and sedentary people.
AOSTIRMOTOR is offline  
Old 01-14-22, 05:05 PM
  #2  
shelbyfv
Senior Member
 
shelbyfv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 10,039
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2970 Post(s)
Liked 3,754 Times in 1,931 Posts
Hello. I would like to enjoy better sleep. What e-bike will help me sleep better? Most importantly, where can I buy it?
shelbyfv is offline  
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 01-14-22, 05:59 PM
  #3  
fooferdoggie 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 1,516
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 510 Times in 309 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv View Post
Hello. I would like to enjoy better sleep. What e-bike will help me sleep better? Most importantly, where can I buy it?
my e bike does well at helping me sleep as long as I don't ride too late. but its not for sale. 30+ miles a day will do that to you.
fooferdoggie is offline  
Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 01-15-22, 10:57 AM
  #4  
kahn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: northWET washington
Posts: 1,072
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked 478 Times in 306 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv View Post
Hello. I would like to enjoy better sleep. What e-bike will help me sleep better? Most importantly, where can I buy it?
Come on, that little motor purring next to you in bed is sure to help you sleep better!
kahn is offline  
Likes For kahn:
Old 01-15-22, 02:16 PM
  #5  
CycloneZ
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've been thinking of getting an electric bike ( I work as a bicycle courier on a part time basis) and sometimes you get those customers that live on the top of a hill. yikes!

it's just that with crime rate in my local area, I'm not too confident of investing that much for a side gig
CycloneZ is offline  
Old 01-15-22, 07:21 PM
  #6  
Digger Goreman
Quidam Bike Super Hero
 
Digger Goreman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Stone Mountain, GA (Metro Atlanta, East)
Posts: 1,142

Bikes: 1995 Trek 800 Sport, aka, "CamelTrek"

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked 399 Times in 272 Posts
Originally Posted by AOSTIRMOTOR View Post
Cycling is a very good sport. Riding an e-bike on a regular basis has many health benefits that help keep you healthy.
As with any tool, your mileage will vary with use. Are you using the "e-bike" as a bicycle with motor assist to overcome a handicap, or temporary disability? Or is it a "motor"-cycle that strokes your ego into a false sense of accomplishment?

Originally Posted by AOSTIRMOTOR View Post
1. Build muscle. Riding an e-bike involves the use of all muscles from the arms to the feet. It strengthens the muscles and strengthens the muscles of the legs and back as well as the shoulders.
See my comment above. If YOU are the motor, absolutely; if you are using the motor... then you are just stroking along.

Originally Posted by AOSTIRMOTOR View Post
2. Helps to lose weight. When riding an e-bike, the weight loss effect depends on the riding time and the difficulty of the terrain. Riding time, terrain difficulty and calories burned are directly proportional.
Ditto, the above comments.

Originally Posted by AOSTIRMOTOR View Post
3. Can reduce stress. Riding an e-bike can have a positive effect on mood and reduce stress by enjoying the changing landscape during the ride.
Definitely, depending on speed, use and attitude. Mostly attitude. As exercise (if you are not using the motor), or just soaking up rays, there are benefits. Slow enjoyment of the scenery can surely elevate your mood. Using it as a motorcycle.... Can be more stressful.

Originally Posted by AOSTIRMOTOR View Post
4. Helps to improve sleep. Riding a bike every day promotes good health and leads to a good night's sleep. This is especially useful for insomnia and sedentary people.
Used appropriately, with a beneficial diet and mental hygiene, bien sur you will have every chance to enjoy a good night's sleep.

fify.
Digger Goreman is offline  
Old 01-16-22, 09:05 PM
  #7  
AOSTIRMOTOR
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv View Post
Hello. I would like to enjoy better sleep. What e-bike will help me sleep better? Most importantly, where can I buy it?
Thank you for your reply. If you want to improve sleep, you can ride more and exercise more. It doesn't matter what kind of car you ride.
AOSTIRMOTOR is offline  
Old 01-16-22, 09:07 PM
  #8  
AOSTIRMOTOR
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie View Post
my e bike does well at helping me sleep as long as I don't ride too late. but its not for sale. 30+ miles a day will do that to you.
Thank you very much for your reply.
AOSTIRMOTOR is offline  
Old 01-16-22, 09:08 PM
  #9  
AOSTIRMOTOR
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by kahn View Post
Come on, that little motor purring next to you in bed is sure to help you sleep better!
Thank you very much for your reply. This is a good choice.
AOSTIRMOTOR is offline  
Old 01-16-22, 09:14 PM
  #10  
AOSTIRMOTOR
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by CycloneZ View Post
I've been thinking of getting an electric bike ( I work as a bicycle courier on a part time basis) and sometimes you get those customers that live on the top of a hill. yikes!

it's just that with crime rate in my local area, I'm not too confident of investing that much for a side gig
thank you for your reply. This is a good choice. Maybe you can try it on the premise of strengthening the lock.
AOSTIRMOTOR is offline  
Old 01-16-22, 09:16 PM
  #11  
AOSTIRMOTOR
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Digger Goreman View Post
As with any tool, your mileage will vary with use. Are you using the "e-bike" as a bicycle with motor assist to overcome a handicap, or temporary disability? Or is it a "motor"-cycle that strokes your ego into a false sense of accomplishment?


See my comment above. If YOU are the motor, absolutely; if you are using the motor... then you are just stroking along.


Ditto, the above comments.


Definitely, depending on speed, use and attitude. Mostly attitude. As exercise (if you are not using the motor), or just soaking up rays, there are benefits. Slow enjoyment of the scenery can surely elevate your mood. Using it as a motorcycle.... Can be more stressful.


Used appropriately, with a beneficial diet and mental hygiene, bien sur you will have every chance to enjoy a good night's sleep.

fify.
thank you for your reply.
AOSTIRMOTOR is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.