Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

Paris Roubaix Femmes sound

Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Old 04-16-22, 03:36 PM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked 611 Times in 376 Posts

I'm watching the replay on Peacock TV, and the sound is atrocious. The voices are below the helicopter and crowd and whatever sounds and the captions are not synchronized with the voices at all. I can understand lagging captions in the broadcast, but on the replay? And I can't understand the sound engineering choices - it's a replay, for crying out loud, and I know it. I don't need any fake immediacy. I need to hear the commentary. And the captions should be synced with the voices.

Anybody else having the same problem?

My hearing is poor, but I've got some decent hearing aids, and if I increase the volume, I increase the volume of bot voice and noise.

Well I skipped to close to the end, and the sound got intelligible. I hope it's better tomorrow.

Last edited by philbob57; 04-16-22 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-16-22, 10:00 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked 631 Times in 430 Posts
yeah, same problem in the Olympics broadcasts, all skiing coverage...
I think NBC hired the local tech talent from our local News station personnel pool... LOL
Overage on GCN+ was good.
OP - noticed in your post bio blurb - you have an MKM... what vintage, size, a pic would be fun...
I had one for about 7 months, back in late '74, was agreeable...
Ride On
Yuri