Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Sugino Store-USA orders?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Sugino Store-USA orders?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-22, 07:43 PM
Muser53

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sugino Store-USA orders?

Has anyone here in the US ordered from the Sugino store (japan)? If so approximately how long did it take for the order to arrive? I am not in a rush but would like to know if anyone has feed back using their webstore.
Thanks,
Paul
Old 05-20-22, 10:36 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 776 Posts
Depending upon how it was shipped, it could be a while.
Old 05-20-22, 01:03 PM
Muser53

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Are you just guessing or do you have any direct experience ordering thru the Sugino store? They have the option of DHL which in my experience is reliable.
Old 05-24-22, 05:37 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 776 Posts
Originally Posted by Muser53
Are you just guessing or do you have any direct experience ordering thru the Sugino store? They have the option of DHL which in my experience is reliable.
Just about anything you order from overseas is getting delayed. DHL has been, in my experience, absolutely terrible. In fact, I placed a second order from a company in Germany and specifically requested that they NOT ship via DHL. They wrote back to me and said they were investigating other shippers due to the number of complaints they had been receiving about shipping times, lost shipments, etc.
Old 05-24-22, 02:03 PM
jad3675

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Bald Paul
Just about anything you order from overseas is getting delayed. DHL has been, in my experience, absolutely terrible. In fact, I placed a second order from a company in Germany and specifically requested that they NOT ship via DHL. They wrote back to me and said they were investigating other shippers due to the number of complaints they had been receiving about shipping times, lost shipments, etc.
Wonder if it's Germany? I had an order from Sigma Sports ship vis DHL. Went out on Friday morning and showed up the following Monday.

But otherwise....yes, international shipping (heck, domestic shipping) is having issues.
Old 05-24-22, 02:53 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3129 Post(s)
Liked 1,698 Times in 1,026 Posts
I’ve ordered from both R2 Bike and Bike24 in Germany within the past three or four months, and neither had shipping issues. I think both were DHL, but I’m not sure.