Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Panasonic DX 3000

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Panasonic DX 3000

Old 11-08-07, 09:12 PM
tenordl

Bikes: early 50's Chemineau, 59 Hercules, 81 Schwinn Super Sport, Columbus SL/Campy racer, Univega Mountain Bike, Univega 7-speed commuter, 73 Raleigh DL1, 66 Raleigh Sports, Fiorelli Tandems, Schwinn Twinn tandem, Humber Sports, Raleigh Super Course, etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Panasonic DX 3000

Our church is having a rummage sale, and someone brought in this Panasonic DX3000. I thought it too good to be sold as rummage, so I took it home to clean it and try to determine it's value. It is my size, but since I already have a similar (and better in some ways) bike, namely a Schwinn Super Sport Touring model, I don't really need this one.

Is anyone here familiar with the Panasonic bicycles? I'd like to have some idea of how much it's worth, and/or if anyone would be interested in giving it a good home.

It was originally a 12 speed, but was converted to 18 by putting on a T/A triple and a Schwinn Approved Front shifter. It has 4130 Cro-mo tubing, Araya 27X1+1/4 alloy rims, SR LaPrade seat post, Dia-Compe side pulls, SR stem and bars, and Shimano Altus downtube friction shifters.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Pana smallest.jpg (98.0 KB, 85 views)
4130.jpg (62.0 KB, 53 views)
Brake.jpg (65.4 KB, 42 views)
Crankset.jpg (89.0 KB, 48 views)
FD.jpg (79.2 KB, 60 views)
RD.jpg (84.4 KB, 50 views)
shift levers.jpg (71.0 KB, 47 views)
Old 11-11-07, 01:09 AM
option.iv

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There's a person trying to sell me the DX 3000 (CG) to me for 125 (I'm most likely not going to bite at that price). The guy tried selling the bike for $140, but it seems like no one had any interest for the past couple weeks. These bikes were made back in the 80s (sold for $200+ retail back then), and it seems many of them were made. And everyone around on the forums seem to acquire them via garage sales around the $50 price range. If it was custom painted, I'm sure it'll bump up the price a little. And I believe these things run on 27"s. Overall impression of the bikes seems to be good, saying they are "reliable" and ride good, especially for their low entry price level.

I would most likely sell a bike such as this between the 50-100 range, sorry for giving such a broad opinion. And good luck seling it, seems very nice and the color is pleasant as well. (I honestly would like it, but I'd like you to get more opinions and give anyone else a good chance, I too am wondering the true value of it).
Old 11-11-07, 01:13 AM
digitalbicycle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That TA crankset certainly ups the retail.