Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Varia Volume

Old 06-04-21, 03:36 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 243 Times in 180 Posts
Originally Posted by jadocs
You sure it's a Wahoo problem? I've used my Varia with my Bolt and it's loud. It might be a setting you need to choose somewhere. I don't remember because the Bolt is not my primary computer.
Yes.

The Radar is only a sensor and has no ability to make any sound. The beeper is local to the bike computer. So if something needs to be adjusted it’s in the Wahoo computer.
Old 06-04-21, 04:10 PM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnJ80
Yes.

The Radar is only a sensor and has no ability to make any sound. The beeper is local to the bike computer. So if something needs to be adjusted it’s in the Wahoo computer.
We are talking past each other, I'm saying sound works on my Bolt so it's not an issue with the computer per se, it's a setting that needs to be enabled.
Old 06-04-21, 07:06 PM
metalheart44

Bikes: Holland Exogrid & Holland HC

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnJ80
Both of these are Wahoo problems and not with the Varia. Talk to Wahoo. The beep volume comes from the bike computer or, in the case of the standalone Varia case, from the Varia head unit.
I realize this is a Wahoo problem. Talked to them over a year ago about the notification tones/volume and they basically said "it is what it is."
Old 06-04-21, 07:14 PM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts
Disregard my replies. I didn’t read thoroughly and thought you wanted audio alerts. I missed the adjustment of audio.
Old 06-04-21, 07:56 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 243 Times in 180 Posts
Originally Posted by metalheart44
I realize this is a Wahoo problem. Talked to them over a year ago about the notification tones/volume and they basically said "it is what it is."
Wahoo uses a little piezo electric beeper, I believe. I’m not sure they can even control the volume other than “off” and “on”.