Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

New to foldables

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

New to foldables

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-22, 06:11 PM
FrankRuss
FR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
New to foldables- Zizzos - weight limit

I Did do some reading here before posting.

I have been pretty sedentary, and I am now the big 6-0. Spent the last couple of months with a Lectric-like ebike.
Now that the exercise has resumed, I am thinking about a pair of light foldables for my wife and me.

Thinking about a pair of Zizzo Campos. But, I have to admit I'm a few pounds over their weight limit, although weight Is coming off, and I expect to be Under their limit soon.

Are those limits more for warranty protection - theirs - or, should I not buy a foldable with a max weight less than what I currently weigh?

Thank you.
Old 06-05-22, 12:19 PM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 842 Times in 587 Posts
Check out the Origami Bull - it's spec'd above its price point, and the weight limit is 300lbs+: https://www.origamibicycles.com/product/bull/
Old 07-15-22, 09:59 AM
Pinigis 

Bikes: Origami Gazelle, Origami Crane 8, Origami Cricket 7

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 241 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
Check out the Origami Bull - it's spec'd above its price point, and the weight limit is 300lbs+: https://www.origamibicycles.com/product/bull/
The Bull is finally available! I have put a few hours on one this week.
Likes For Pinigis:
Old 07-18-22, 09:07 AM
willydstyle

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by FrankRuss

Are those limits more for warranty protection - theirs - or, should I not buy a foldable with a max weight less than what I currently weigh?

Thank you.
I don't know specifically about bicycle engineering, but I do know general engineering principles.

Everything is built with a safety factor, such that if you're a bit over the weight limit it's not going to catastrophically fail, but it does mean that parts will wear faster and require replacement or repair sooner.
Old 07-18-22, 09:36 AM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by FrankRuss

I have been pretty sedentary, and I am now the big 6-0. Spent the last couple of months with a Lectric-like ebike.
Now that the exercise has resumed, I am thinking about a pair of light foldables for my wife and me.

Thinking about a pair of Zizzo Campos. But, I have to admit I'm a few pounds over their weight limit, although weight Is coming off, and I expect to be Under their limit soon.

Thank you.
Keep in mind that accessories/cargo will add weight, so if you're close to the limit, don't add anything to the bike until you drop pounds under the limit. If you're only <10 over you should be fine, don't drop off curbs or do anything to stress the frame beyond normal riding and watch your tire inflation. Congrats on getting back out on a bike!!! You've got this, pedal those pounds away.