Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Bike Friday Headset tightening

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-21, 06:22 AM
Elbeinlaw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 68 Posts

I have a new Bike Friday in which the headset is disconcertingly loose. They provided a headset tightening set of "tools" and a page of instructions. Unfortunately, the instructions are total gibberish. The video I found on line appears to apply to a different set of supplied tools, or perhaps a different headset construction, or both, or neither. It's a mess. Has anyone done this repair? Can you talk me through it?
Old 05-10-21, 07:22 AM
rhenning

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 80 Posts
Call them and they will talk you through it. They have an 800 number and are very helpful. The problem will be they have used many different kinds of headsets over the years. I am sure my 1995ish Bike Friday is not the same. Roger
Likes For rhenning:
Old 05-16-21, 11:46 AM
Elbeinlaw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 68 Posts
Credit where credit is due: BF did help me out on this.* Apparently they've changed their headset arrangement since they published the video and the instruction sheet. It's enough to make it difficult (at least for me) to translate. But with their hints and a little common sense, I got it adjusted back to normal. If anyone has a problem with their newer BF's headset, I can give them some tips in the interim while (hopefully) BF is publishing new videos and instructions.

*They DO have an 800 number, they DON'T answer the phone because Covid. But they respond to emails within a day. And they actually respond to questions, it's not just canned responses.