Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Rake in the face - reminder - DON'T DO IT!

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Rake in the face - reminder - DON'T DO IT!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-22, 10:17 AM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Liked 1,619 Times in 1,039 Posts
It's just amazing how you can go from Hoopdi-Dooing along and then BAMM!... Instantly Messed Up...

And you know this...
Old 01-21-22, 10:44 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Just another tip from personal experience--when changing a light bulb in a ceiling fixture, toilets do not make good step stools.

Feel free to make up your own stool and toilet jokes, the subject's a bit painful..
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 01-21-22, 07:54 PM
Kat12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked 379 Times in 279 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Just another tip from personal experience--when changing a light bulb in a ceiling fixture, toilets do not make good step stools.

Feel free to make up your own stool and toilet jokes, the subject's a bit painful..
Yeah, but did you end up like that kid from a rather memorable episode of Rescue 911 who got his foot stuck in a toilet and (spoiler alert) in the end they had to carefully break apart the toilet to free him?

(Why can I remember these things but not what my coworker emailed me about two days ago?)
Old 01-21-22, 09:00 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Originally Posted by Kat12
Yeah, but did you end up like that kid from a rather memorable episode of Rescue 911 who got his foot stuck in a toilet and (spoiler alert) in the end they had to carefully break apart the toilet to free him?

(Why can I remember these things but not what my coworker emailed me about two days ago?)

Nah, I just fell down and went boom. Turns out toilet lids aren't stable standing platforms.

When I was a toddler, I did get my finger caught in a drain, and firemen had to cut the drain out. I don't really remember the incident well, but I remember that I got a ride in the fire engine to the ER where they did a drainectomy.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 01-22-22, 05:47 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5223 Post(s)
Liked 3,579 Times in 2,341 Posts
Nah, I just fell down and went boom. Turns out toilet lids aren't stable standing platforms.When I was a toddler, I did get my finger caught in a drain, and firemen had to cut the drain out. I don't really remember the incident well, but I remember that I got a ride in the fire engine to the ER where they did a drainectomy.
& you went on NOT to be a master plumber ...?
Old 01-22-22, 04:01 PM
Kat12

Nah, I just fell down and went boom. Turns out toilet lids aren't stable standing platforms.

When I was a toddler, I did get my finger caught in a drain, and firemen had to cut the drain out. I don't really remember the incident well, but I remember that I got a ride in the fire engine to the ER where they did a drainectomy.
Is THAT what I need to do to get a ride in a fire engine??
Likes For Kat12:
Old 01-24-22, 10:51 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by Kat12
Is THAT what I need to do to get a ride in a fire engine??

I think I was 3 y.o. at the time, and that's the part I remember. I don't remember how they got it off my finger, but I really liked riding with the firemen.

Giving me a ride to the hospital was probably as close to the proverbial "get a cat out of a tree" situation as these guys had in their entire careers. Don't think it would work now, they'd tell you to Uber.
Old 01-24-22, 05:01 PM
Kat12

I think I was 3 y.o. at the time, and that's the part I remember. I don't remember how they got it off my finger, but I really liked riding with the firemen.

Giving me a ride to the hospital was probably as close to the proverbial "get a cat out of a tree" situation as these guys had in their entire careers. Don't think it would work now, they'd tell you to Uber.
...or at least toss me out on the side of the road when I kept asking to drive...
Likes For Kat12: