Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

SQLabs Saddles Anyone

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

SQLabs Saddles Anyone

Old 08-07-22, 10:30 AM
Rick53

Bikes: Verve, Dual Sport 2 and FX3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
SQLabs Saddles Anyone

According to reviews . Sqlabs Active Saddles are the greatest thing since sliced bread . Anyone have experience to confirm this ? Thanks
Old 08-07-22, 10:33 AM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2185 Post(s)
Liked 3,337 Times in 1,742 Posts
I have one. They personally fitted it to me at Sea Otter, so I am nearly convinced the fit was optimal.

It isn't terrible, but I went back to my Brooks rather quickly.

I had high expectations, and was a bit disappointed. The nose of the saddle, for example, is much too wide.
Old 08-07-22, 10:54 AM
Sojodave

Bikes: The Blurple Specialized Roubaix Pro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 75 Posts
I tried the Sq Labs 612 active saddle twice and both times my bum said no. I adjusted it in every way possible and couldn't find the sweet spot.
Old 08-07-22, 11:17 AM
koala logs
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 140 Posts
Saddles that flares steeply to its widest point like SQLabs don't usually work for me. The stock saddle on my bike looks quite like it.

I have relatively large hamstrings and the design will put pressure on my hamstrings where it contacts the saddle, causing pain. Different people with different needs. The only saddle that works for me so far are the narrow variants of ISM saddles. Shallow angle to the widest point. No pressure at all with my hamstrings. Although ISM saddle does cause more pressure elsewhere but is way more tolerable than steep flare saddle. The problem can easily be dealt with by riding at tempo or periodically pedaling out of the saddle.
Old 08-07-22, 11:18 AM
Rick53

Bikes: Verve, Dual Sport 2 and FX3

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Polaris OBark
I have one. They personally fitted it to me at Sea Otter, so I am nearly convinced the fit was optimal.

I had high expectations, and was a bit disappointed. The nose of the saddle, for example, is much too wide.
I have a Selle Anatomica I bought during Covid . Maybe I need to give it more chances
Old 08-07-22, 12:16 PM
Appalachia

Bikes: Litespeed, Santa Cruz

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SQLabs works for me. Utilized the home fit kit and have yet to experience any saddle soreness. Forget it’s even there most of the time.
Old 08-07-22, 08:05 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3078 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 1,005 Posts
I have a 611 Active on one of my bikes, and it’s pretty nice. I don’t notice much special about it, even though I have the softest elastomer in there, but perhaps it’s “pretty nice” for that reason; I haven’t tried it with one of the stiffer elastomer options.

I also don’t do long, aggressive rides on that bike, but stuff in the 20-30 mile range has gone off just fine. That bike also doesn’t have the most aggressive body positioning, so that sets me back on the saddle moreso than I’d otherwise ride on racier bikes (with more bar/saddle drop), which I think works in the 611’s favor.

I’ve not used the saddle in diverse situations, so I can’t say more about it other than it’s pretty nice. Pricing is pretty competitive with other premium saddle offerings, so it’s no more an gamble to try one than it is most other saddles, and I’d say it’s probably worth trying one, because they’ve taken a fairly unique approach to comfort with the Active line and build- and materials quality is quite good.

SQ Lab 611 Ergowave Active fitted to Breezer Doppler
Likes For chaadster:
Old 08-07-22, 08:09 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4839 Post(s)
Liked 7,830 Times in 3,710 Posts
I have a 612 14cm that came with a used road bike I bought a little while back. For me, the saddle is excellent. As usual with saddles, perfect for one person is torture for another.
Old 08-08-22, 03:05 AM
Germany_chris
I’m a little Surly

Bikes: Two Cross Checks, a Karate Monkey, a Disc Trucker, and a VO Randonneur

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 698 Post(s)
Liked 1,292 Times in 646 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
I have a 611 Active on one of my bikes, and it’s pretty nice. I don’t notice much special about it, even though I have the softest elastomer in there, but perhaps it’s “pretty nice” for that reason; I haven’t tried it with one of the stiffer elastomer options.

I also don’t do long, aggressive rides on that bike, but stuff in the 20-30 mile range has gone off just fine. That bike also doesn’t have the most aggressive body positioning, so that sets me back on the saddle moreso than I’d otherwise ride on racier bikes (with more bar/saddle drop), which I think works in the 611’s favor.

I’ve not used the saddle in diverse situations, so I can’t say more about it other than it’s pretty nice. Pricing is pretty competitive with other premium saddle offerings, so it’s no more an gamble to try one than it is most other saddles, and I’d say it’s probably worth trying one, because they’ve taken a fairly unique approach to comfort with the Active line and build- and materials quality is quite good.

SQ Lab 611 Ergowave Active fitted to Breezer Doppler
@ OP
I put a womens specific SQ Labs saddle on my daughters bike and she seems to like it.

====
I really do enjoy seeing picture of this bike
Likes For Germany_chris:
Old 08-22-22, 11:48 AM
ciquta

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I have a 610 (coming from Brooks C-17) and mixed feelings.

pros- it's very light- different from all others saddles, looks real cool
​​​​​​- numbness down there is totally gone- you get to pick your size (big plus for big guys like me)
- big rigid flat surface helps distributing the pressure on a wider area with no numbness
cons- it rely a lot on sitting bones- moves weight toward the handlebars, might increase hand numbness ​
Old 08-22-22, 12:36 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2185 Post(s)
Liked 3,337 Times in 1,742 Posts
Originally Posted by Polaris OBark

Since posting this, I put it on my wife's new bike build, and she favors it over her Brooks, and I find it much more comfortable than what I had remembered. 611 I think, FWIW.