Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Assioma and Wahoo

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-22, 03:55 PM
bfuser304109088

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Assioma and Wahoo

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm trying to spread news of a problem I have encountered. I'm late to cycling (57) after numerous knee surgeries. I bought - what I consider - the brilliant Assioma Duo Shi pedals to go on my 105 setup on a Giant defy 2021 bike. I also bought a Wahoo Element Bolt. Concerned for my knee, I recently discovered that Assioma Data in the form of their 'IAV Cycling Dynamics' is not sent to Wahoo as Wahoo do not accept the data. After speaking to both customer services, Assioma said 'it is up to Wahoo to accept the data in their software, Garmin accept all our data' - which is true, and Wahoo said 'we will only add it to our software if enough customers ask for it. We operate on a 'highest demand goes first'. So, how can I get to Assioma users and ask them to ask Wahoo to accept the 'IAV Cycling Dynamics'? Can this forum serve that purpose? Assioma themselves said they could not do this themselves and I understand why. Also, is there any app out there I can use to see all my pedal data - efficiency, etc. - all in order to protect and improve my knee, before I sell my Wahoo for a Garmin? Sorry that's so long and thanks for any advice.
Old 08-10-22, 06:00 PM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 865 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 692 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums!

Not the answer you're looking for... but it's honest.

But Garmin Opened up Cycling Dynamics to other companies October of 2017.

It's been almost 5 years and not happened in the Wahoo world.
Plus with Wahoo releasing their own Power Pedals it's unlikely Garmin Cycling Dynamics will ever happen.

One of the reasons I sold my Wahoo Roam and went to a Garmin 830.

Had to keep my Wahoo Bolt, to control my Wahoo Headwind fan when riding indoors.
Garmin does not detect the Headwind Fan as a sensor (not sure if that's a Wahoo or Garmin problem).

Barry
Old 08-10-22, 06:03 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,966 Times in 1,915 Posts
Originally Posted by stanretoma
Wahoo said 'we will only add it to our software if enough customers ask for it. We operate on a 'highest demand goes first'.
That' there way of saying it will not be supported. I'm surprised they didn't point you to a comparable product that they sell to obtain more of your money...