Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Bianchi Reparto Corse Lightweight Columbus EL

Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Old 07-22-22, 03:10 PM
mark1161

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Everyone,

This is being represented as an early 90's Bianchi Reparto Corse with Dura Ace Groupset. Assuming these claims are genuine, what would be the approximate street value of this bicycle as equipped?
Old 07-23-22, 05:25 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2924 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
This is a potential buy? To me it looks too small for the current rider. I don’t think the fork matches the frame I believe all the EL frames with a Columbus fork. The group/wheels is probably newer than the frame. Is it EL or EL OS?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 07-24-22, 04:55 AM
MarkinOz

Bikes: Wilier Cento10Ndr, Giant Anthem 2, 1985 Gefsco, 1979 Gios Torino Super Record, 1983 Peugeot PFN10, Terry Dolan built Reynolds 753 Cougar for Malcolm Elliott

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by mark1161
Hi Everyone,

This is being represented as an early 90's Bianchi Reparto Corse with Dura Ace Groupset. Assuming these claims are genuine, what would be the approximate street value of this bicycle as equipped?
Yep, I agree with bianchigirl , the forks aren’t original. Other than that, it looks very similar to my EL OS.

Old 07-24-22, 07:17 AM
mark1161

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It is an EL. I am 5'7" with a 30" inseam so this is comparable to my Canyon Endurace XS.
Old 07-24-22, 07:21 AM
mark1161

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It is a 50cm frame. If this is a genuine representation of the bike which we know does not have the original fork, what would one expect to pay for one in very good to excellent condition?
Old 07-24-22, 07:47 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2924 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
It is an EL. I am 5'7" with a 30" inseam so this is comparable to my Canyon Endurace XS.
It is a 50cm frame. If this is a genuine representation of the bike which we know does not have the original fork, what would one expect to pay for one in very good to excellent condition?
IMHO this bike is too small for you. You likely need closer to 55 or 57 frame. Steel frames with a horizontal top tube are sized much differently than modern sloping plastic bikes. These bikes were generally build in 5, 6 or even 10+ different sizes to ensure a perfect fit. Look on line for guides for sizing vintage steel bikes.

EL seems to show up in US market catalogs in ‘93+’94 but switches to EL OS in ‘95 again with the chrome fork. I don’t know when shipmano changed the shape of the brifter but again this group looks newer than the frame. The fork may have been changed because this was felt to be lighter and more race oriented but I would very closely inspect the head lug areas for signs of damage like cranked paint and even worse buckling or bent tubes.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 08-11-22, 09:07 AM
Nadia1976

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Following