Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

?? 60's Terrot Dijon ??

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

?? 60's Terrot Dijon ??

Old 03-19-09, 06:11 PM
dck

Bikes: '62 Peugeot UO8, '63 Schwinn Superior, ;72 Peugeot PX-10, '74 Motobecane LeChampion, '74 Peugeot UO18

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Indeed a beauty.

I'd guess no later than '65. That generation Huret derailleur wasn't used beyond about that. If you can find one, a Simplex Juy 61 Export would look nice. Whatever you choose, I'd stick with a '60's vintage derailleur set. The '62 Peugeot UO8 I'm working on had DFV wingnuts on "Top Star" hubs laced to the same Rigida rims.

Post some pics when you get it cleaned and tweaked. Nice bike.
Old 03-19-09, 07:51 PM
dbakl

Bikes: Cinelli, Paramount, Raleigh, Carlton, Zeus, Gemniani, Frejus, Legnano, Pinarello, Falcon

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
The great thing about that bike, is you can see, at that time, they cared just as much for the lower end bikes as the higher end when they were building them. I agree, the Huret Luxe works pretty well, though any French stuff from the period, if in good shape should work fine. Classy bike...
Old 06-11-21, 08:18 PM
LifeOnTwoWheels

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Beautiful Bike!!!