Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Did you get the message?

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Did you get the message?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-23, 10:41 AM
La Tortue

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Did you get the message?

Are you looking to improve your recumbent hill climbing abilities? If so, adding Zwift to your training program is a smart move. While many outdoor riders believe nothing beats real-life training, consider this: every Pro-Tour team uses smart trainers in their training programs.

Need further convincing? Take a look at Jay Vine. He turned pro with Alpecin-Fenix via the Zwift Academy Challenge three years ago and is now considered one of the very best climbers on the Pro Tour. Yes, before this, he was a virtual racer just like us, a Zwifter in the ZRL league. Jay got to the Pros as a Zwift racer, not outdoor racing. Even now, he still uses Zwift, and his hill climbing training still includes plenty of Zwift. By the way, Jay just won the Tour Down Under.

Now, let's move down the ladder from Jay to me. I'm an overweight, out-of-shape, 68-year-old who recently underwent quadruple bypass surgery. But thanks to Zwift, I've been able to complete many climbs and am even nearing the 25-time Alp du Zwift badge. Here's the kicker: a particular local outdoor hill that used to require me to make three shifts now requires no shifts at all. Maybe it's not impressive to you, but it certainly catches my attention.

The pros have figured it out, and I have too. I often wonder why so many recumbent riders between Jay and me are missing the message. The data shows that Zwift offers a controlled environment that allows for consistent training, regardless of external factors. It will improve your outdoor recumbent climbing abilities quickly, safely, and more efficiently than outside training alone.

So, why wait? If you want to climb better, start riding Zwift today and see the difference it can make in your outdoor hill climbing abilities. Contact your Cruzbike Virtual Racing Team for a recumbent hill climbing awakening.
Old 02-16-23, 03:25 PM
Pacelineg

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 28 Posts
I got your "message"

How much is Zwift paying you?
Likes For Pacelineg:
Old 02-16-23, 07:12 PM
tempocyclist

Bikes: 2002 Trek 5200 (US POSTAL), 2020 Canyon Aeroad SL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked 680 Times in 327 Posts
Pretty sure Jay Vine didn't ride a recumbent.

Also, he was an elite level Australian NRS rider before entering (and winning) the Zwift Academy and going pro.

Also, most of the pro team riders aren't just riding around pointlessly on Zwift or racing, they're doing very structured training sessions from a coach (either on Zwift, or their platform of choice).

Also, enough already...
Likes For tempocyclist:
Old 02-17-23, 10:29 AM
La Tortue

Originally Posted by tempocyclist
Pretty sure Jay Vine didn't ride a recumbent.

Also, he was an elite level Australian NRS rider before entering (and winning) the Zwift Academy and going pro.

Also, most of the pro team riders aren't just riding around pointlessly on Zwift or racing, they're doing very structured training sessions from a coach (either on Zwift, or their platform of choice).

Also, enough already...
You should have also pointed out Jay is the current 2022 UCI World Esports Champion. So yes, he is still "riding around pointlessly on Zwift or racing."
Old 02-17-23, 10:58 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4933 Post(s)
Liked 8,074 Times in 3,816 Posts
I clicked on this thread, and all I got was as crummy commercial.
Old 02-17-23, 03:26 PM
La Tortue

Commercial! Did someone say commercial? This is a commercial.

Old 02-18-23, 06:34 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 817 Post(s)
Liked 1,651 Times in 778 Posts
I wasn't on the memo list, so no, I didn't get the message.

Oh well.