Notices
Southern California Southern California

20" Folder on LA Metro Bus?

Old 07-14-22, 06:44 PM
twa

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105, 2013 Novara FlyBy (folding), 2021 All-City Space Horse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
20" Folder on LA Metro Bus?

Hello,

Has anyone ever brought their 20" folding bike aboard the LA Metro J (Silver Line) bus? The Metro website states,

"Folding bikes with 20 inch or smaller wheels can be taken on board. Make sure your bike is folded and stored under a rear seat so as not to block aisles and doorways. Motorized folding bikes are not allowed."

However, I'm pretty sure my folded bike (similar to Dahon Vybe) will not fit under any seat. I guess I can leave it in the aisle and stand next to it and move it around when other passengers need to get by. I think I'll plan to travel off-peak hours so that the bus is least full.

If anyone has tried this, I'd be interested in hearing how it went.

Thanks
Old 07-17-22, 10:56 PM
sslonkosky

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
I have taken 20” folding bikes on the Silver Line and other Metro buses many times and I’ve never been asked to store it under a seat. Usually at least one of the wheelchair spots at the front of the bus is available and I can fold the seat up and store it there. If not, I may store the bike in front of one of the seats.
Old 07-20-22, 07:16 AM
twa

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105, 2013 Novara FlyBy (folding), 2021 All-City Space Horse

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sslonkosky
I have taken 20” folding bikes on the Silver Line and other Metro buses many times and I’ve never been asked to store it under a seat. Usually at least one of the wheelchair spots at the front of the bus is available and I can fold the seat up and store it there. If not, I may store the bike in front of one of the seats.
Thanks sslonkosky, I will give it a try.