Notices
Southern California Southern California

Gravel Routes

Old 11-15-22, 03:52 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4828 Post(s)
Liked 7,819 Times in 3,704 Posts
Gravel Routes

I've been watching videos on this YouTube channel... https://www.youtube.com/c/GravelBikeCalifornia/videos

The "Send It..." videos make good guides for some local routes, and I've learned about some new areas I was unfamiliar with. I'm interested in checking out one of this guy's group rides for myself.
Old 11-16-22, 04:06 AM
diphthong

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Liked 3,087 Times in 1,670 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric F
I've been watching videos on this YouTube channel... https://www.youtube.com/c/GravelBikeCalifornia/videos

The "Send It..." videos make good guides for some local routes, and I've learned about some new areas I was unfamiliar with. I'm interested in checking out one of this guy's group rides for myself.
don’t (officially) ride gravel but have watched most of this guy’s vids. he does a nice job repping the rides, climbs and various peccadilloes of the chosen area.
Likes For diphthong:
Old 11-18-22, 11:27 AM
jonathanf2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked 999 Times in 428 Posts
I think I saw this guy and his riding buddy the other day at Griffith Park! I think with the weather being mild and not too hot, it's the perfect time to do a lot of these off-road routes. My problem is finding the time with work and family obligations! Haha
Old 11-22-22, 08:52 AM
doubravsky 

Bikes: Colnago Crystal, GT MTB, Fuji D6 TT bike, Breezer Beltway commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
I was a part of his recent Send it Sunday in Riverside.... really impressed with the research and editing he did for the ride. Would definitely recommend joining one!
Likes For doubravsky:
Old 11-22-22, 02:37 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4828 Post(s)
Liked 7,819 Times in 3,704 Posts
Originally Posted by doubravsky
I was a part of his recent Send it Sunday in Riverside.... really impressed with the research and editing he did for the ride. Would definitely recommend joining one!
I have a couple of friends who were on that ride (both were wearing navy blue EDR kits), and they had a good time. I wish I could join the group going to Lukens this weekend, but I've got other priorities. I'm hoping to catch a ride in the near future.