Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Back on ya bike

Old 10-30-21, 05:46 PM
LeeRiley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Back on ya bike

Hello from Australia,

After a few years of neglect I am cleaning up a Giant 2013 XTC Advanced that I primarily used for commuting to work some years ago. I am working on my fitness both on and off the bike and plan on enjoying more riding on the trails. I am also learning more ond doing more of the mechanical work on the bike than I ever needed to do in the past. I have upgraded some parts I always wanted to when I was riding and now I'm looking at new trends and components to upgrade since the scene has changed since this bike was produced.

TIA for any help I receive on these forums.
Likes For LeeRiley:
Old 10-30-21, 06:13 PM
Inusuit

Bikes: 1995 Specialized Rockhopper,1989 Specialized Rock Combo, 2013 Specialized Tarmac Elite

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 278 Posts
Welcome to the forum, home of hundreds of helpful people and a few cranky ones.
Old 11-02-21, 04:10 PM
Cankles

Bikes: Motobecane Gran Premio 22sp

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
In my experience the searching planning and tinkering it’s really the fun part. Some of my best riding was done on a well tuned piece of low end factory junk. By no means trying to talk you out of it. But if you’re similar perhaps there’s a much wider variety of bike projects that you could choose from besides upgrading your daily rig