Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Size15 /EU50 Wide Shoe Fit Question

Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Old 06-27-21, 02:27 PM
55tele

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Creo E-Bike XXL with Custom Wheels, 1992 Serotta Colorado II with Dura Ace STI, 2021 Zinn Ti Clydesdale Team XXL with Ultegra Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 21 Posts

Anyone out there wearing LAKE Size 15 / EU 50 WIDE size MTB Shoes? Do they clear your crank arms where the shoe gets close to the spindle? I've ordered their MX238 WIDE shoes in 15 / EU 50, which they state the width is 126mm. I'm having lateral foot pain issues that I think are because my left shoe is too narrow. I did the LAKE fit measurement and it is calling for 125mm width, which LAKE has available. Im presently wearing Giro Carbone IIs which is a normal D width..... I'm concerned that even if I adjust the cleat to the maximum inboard adjustment (to bring the shoe away from the crank as much as possible), that the width of the shoe will still rub against the crank arm. I'm running Shimano SPD 8100 (XT) pedals on both of my bikes. They have a measurement of 55mm from the "axle flange", i.e. where the axle stops on the crank to the middle of the pedal (center where the leading edge of the cleat mates with the pedal)...I read that the 55mm distance is pretty standard....The wide shoe has me concerned it potentially won't fit without rubbing the crank or getting spindle extenders (which I don't really want to do..)..

When these shoe manufacturers design their soles, do they factor in an offset for wide soles so they won't rub????