Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bianchi Vento 605

Old 07-25-22, 06:37 AM
alexridesagain

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bianchi Vento 605

Hi
I'm hopefully going to look at a bike for sale in my local area (UK) and was wondering whether people thought the asking price was rational.
It's advertised as follows: "Bianchi Vento 605 classic 90’s road bike Cr-Mo Tube set with Campagnolo Avanti Group set & hubs"
Photos below. Currently listed for 550 GBP (which has seemingly been reduced from £650.
No other 605s on eBay listings, besides one in Italy currently at 670GBP, but there are other Ventos of different model number, which vary in price.

Unfortunately I'm too new to the forum to embed pics or links, but I have created a gallery on my account. If you add www and combine these two strands of a link you should be able to get to it: bikeforums
.net/g/album/25777120

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-11-22, 09:08 AM
Nadia1976

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Following
Old 08-11-22, 09:37 AM
Clang

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked 2,230 Times in 1,303 Posts
This is a low-effort sale for a high-effort price. Flat crusty tires? Yes. Dirty frame and bar tape? Yes. More than a foot of exposed mountain bike seat post? Yes.

But maybe the floor price of any celeste campy-equipped Bianchi is higher than I'm imagining. At least there's no rust.

pic assist