Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Boundary Trail (South B.C.)

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-07, 09:59 AM
G. Bucci

Bikes: Two Fishers and one Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello all:

I'm heading out to BC to do some riding in the next month or so. This trail was mentioned. It runs from Midway to Castlegar and is about 170km.

Apparently some of the bridges have burned due to forest fires. Does anyone have anymore info about this trail? How about some advice?
Anything would help.

Thanks

Stay upright

Winnipeg, Canada
Old 04-29-07, 10:43 AM
5 more
just 5 more miles

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Try Googling Kettle Valley Trail. I don't know if they have rebuilt the bridges.

Vin
Old 05-01-07, 09:32 PM
sth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dont think the bridges will be an issue from Midway to Castlegar. You are probably thinking of a bit farther north in Myra Canyon. Major fires burned a bunch of bridges there in 2003. Repairs are in progress but probably have a ways to go and anyway they just wont be the same. I have ridden the line from Castlegar to Christina Lake. Really nice with some cool bridges and tunnels. As the other reply said, Google the KVR and you will find a link to a site that gives detailed but (I think,) confusing info.
Old 05-02-07, 12:12 AM
overthehillmedi

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know if you will have enough time to find/order it but there is a book called Cycling the Kettle Valley Railway by Dan & Sandra Langford that covers your whole route. The ISBN is 0-921102-54-2 One thing to note make sure that you have a good light because there is a tunnel to go through and you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel(pun intended), I haven't done the trip but have talked with people that have and they say it a good ride.
Old 05-02-07, 05:30 PM
G. Bucci

Bikes: Two Fishers and one Cannondale

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I emailed the Chambers of Commerce for both Castlegar and Midway and am waiting for a responce.
I for sure thought there would be light at the end of the tunnel so thanks for the light info.

Stay upright

Winnipeg, Canada