Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Stepdragon a808

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Stepdragon a808

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-22, 02:53 PM
jonb5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Stepdragon a808

Stepdragon a808

I haven't posted enough to share a URL, should be easy enough to find a link.

I own a Stepdragon a808, I like it a lot but I have a couple of questions.

1: It has 24 gears but I almost always ride the hardest gears and even then I feel I could pedal quite a bit harder, would it be possible to fix the bike with gears more commonly used on a racing bike? I would be prepared to have less gears and rings on the bike.

2: The wheel and tire sizes aren't that common in Europe, how easy would it be for me to get a new set of fitting tires and inner tubes in Europe?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-26-22, 08:17 AM
Pinigis 

Bikes: Origami Gazelle, Origami Crane 8, Origami Cricket 7

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 241 Posts
I took a look at the specifications on this one and noticed that the chainring setup is "Chainwheel: 48T/38T/28T*17", so this bike will not be a speed demon. It looks to have a standard square-tapered bottom bracket, so there are lots of options for larger chainrings. If you are going for speed, look for a setup with a 56T largest ring and go from there.
Likes For Pinigis:
Old 05-02-22, 06:16 AM
jonb5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinigis
I took a look at the specifications on this one and noticed that the chainring setup is "Chainwheel: 48T/38T/28T*17", so this bike will not be a speed demon. It looks to have a standard square-tapered bottom bracket, so there are lots of options for larger chainrings. If you are going for speed, look for a setup with a 56T largest ring and go from there.
Thanks for the reply.