Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Specialized Roll 3.0

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Specialized Roll 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-22, 12:42 PM
Eileen woodall

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Specialized Roll 3.0

I’m thinking of purchasing a 2022 low entry roll. I’m 70 yrs old and I’m in pretty good shape, and I don’t necessarily need a low entry but I like it. Any recommendations or experience with this bike? Love it, or hate it? Thanks for any advise you may be able to give me.
Old 05-05-22, 01:11 PM
jdogg111

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Eileen woodall
I’m thinking of purchasing a 2022 low entry roll. I’m 70 yrs old and I’m in pretty good shape, and I don’t necessarily need a low entry but I like it. Any recommendations or experience with this bike? Love it, or hate it? Thanks for any advise you may be able to give me.
its heavy, if that matters to you, I think around 31 lbs or so.
Old 05-06-22, 01:39 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1443 Post(s)
Liked 759 Times in 568 Posts
Hi, Eileen. I think the most important factors for a new bike are:
  1. Does it fit well and feel good to you? If the frame is too small, you may feel cramped or squished while riding. If the frame is too large, you may feel like you have to lean too far forward. There is generally a good amount of adjustability to a bike to fit the rider, but you want to start off with something relatively close to begin with.
  2. Do you like the bike? Is it available in your favorite color? Can you not stop thinking about it and looking at pictures of it? If so, then I think that's your bike.
Specialized are pretty proud of it (cost), but there are few bikes like it available. The laid-back seat tube puts the cranks pretty far forward of your hips, and some like this while some do not. It's something to try for sure...if you already have, and it fits and feels good to you, then go for it!
Likes For hokiefyd:
Old 05-08-22, 08:01 PM
Trav1s
Deraill this!

Bikes: 18 Cdale Quick 1, 94 S-Works M2, 98 730 Multitrak, and a few others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 416 Times in 241 Posts
Several years ago my wife purchased a new bike and she tried out the Specialized Roll and Trek Verve. I really though she would like the Roll but the Verve was her choice. I'd encourage to try out other mixte bikes while you are looking as you might be surprised what you find. Marin has some nice bikes that are similar to the Roll and Verve. Cannondale has the Treadwell Remixte that might also work.
Old 08-13-22, 05:32 PM
side_FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
How does the geometry for the Roll compare to the Crossroads? I’m currently riding a Giant Roam but I have started having issues throwing the old leg up over the side of it. I’m thinking a step thru would make life much easier, but I’m wondering if a regular Roll or Crossroads might work? Not sure I’ m ready to transition to a step thru.
Old 08-14-22, 04:47 AM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 1,001 Times in 488 Posts
Originally Posted by side_FX
How does the geometry for the Roll compare to the Crossroads? I’m currently riding a Giant Roam but I have started having issues throwing the old leg up over the side of it. I’m thinking a step thru would make life much easier, but I’m wondering if a regular Roll or Crossroads might work? Not sure I’ m ready to transition to a step thru.
Have you looked into a dropper post? These are expensive but will allow one to lower the post on any bike (27.2mm seatpost min)
Old 08-27-22, 01:35 AM
IcySwan1 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 73 Posts
Eileen, I am your age and bought a Roll Elite 2 years ago. It is heavy but very comfortable. I rode it a lot until I got a road bike. I don’t ride it much now, not because there is anything wrong with it, but I just like a road bike better. I will hang on to the Roll.

Mike