Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Well, it's been awhile.....

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-09, 04:00 PM
GuitarWizard
Used to be a climber..

Bikes: 2016 Ridley Fenix SL, 2020 Trek Emonda ALR (rim brake)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

....since I've frequented BikeForums. Looks like some things never change . Anyway.....

I was in a motorcycle accident back in August 2008 (hit a deer at 75 mph), and it turns out I have a badly torn meniscus that was probably a result of the crash. To make a long story short, it's been an issue since this past winter (my knee has a lot of instability/goes slightly out of joint rather easily), and has progressively gotten worse. Finally had an MRI done a couple weeks ago, and then an appt. with an Orthopedic surgeon, and decided on surgery right then and there. I go under the knife on November 11th.

Now....it's a pretty sizable tear from what it looks like...it's in my inside right knee on the back part, and the tear goes across to both parts.....part that gets bloodflow, and part that doesn't. Depending on the type of repair required, it could be a healing time of 3-4 weeks, or 3-4 months.....and I guess they won't know until they cut me open.

Soooooo....I'm sure others have gone through this; any pointers for recovery and what I can expect? I'm hoping I'm back to normal after....or at least as normal as I get.
Old 10-12-09, 04:02 PM
estabro
lungbuster

Bikes: Trek 5000 Road, SSFG Road, Kona FS MTN, Frankenbike

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, that was a really fast deer.

Hope your knee feels better soon.
Old 10-12-09, 04:02 PM
FR4NCH1SE

Bikes: 2009 GMC DENALI (walmart bike)

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dang pal, good luck on your recovery. Hope that you come back at 100%

Livestrong.
Old 10-12-09, 04:06 PM
GuitarWizard
Used to be a climber..

Bikes: 2016 Ridley Fenix SL, 2020 Trek Emonda ALR (rim brake)

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
The deer wasn't quite fast enough, as I hit its' rear hoof (it ran across the highway; was at night) which resulted in about 150-200 feet of pavement surfing.