Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Moulton AM-7 Looking for replacement rear rim...

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-22, 06:43 PM
OC Biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello,

I have a Moulton AM-7 (S/N 720009) that has been stored since purchase. This morning I pulled it out the closet with the intention of preparing it for sale. However, to my dismay I noticed that the rear rim is cracked. I've have had no luck (so far) finding a replacement rim. Does anyone have contact information for a US source of an identical replacement rim? Also, when repaired, I intend to sell the bike. Is there a preferred website/dealer for selling a vintage Moulton?

Best regards, John
Old 07-20-22, 07:04 PM
uncleivan 

Bikes: '92 MX Leader, 84 Colnago Mexico, 85 Recherche, 86 Panasonic ATB Pro, 88 Roberts, 80 moser... ect

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 67 Posts
Hi John, I realize that the Moulton is not a "folding bike", but I think you'd do better in the 'folding bikes' forum. Moultons are discussed, as well as wheelsets, rims, tires, gearing ect.
Old 07-21-22, 05:44 AM
tcs
Palmer

Bikes: Mike Melton custom, Alex Moulton AM, Dahon Curl

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1660 Post(s)
Liked 1,808 Times in 1,053 Posts
SJS Cycles has the 17" rim in stock. This is the factory rim that fits the tyre so nicely.

Yes, they're in the UK and you specified "US source". Hmm. Might try Portapedal.

Last edited by tcs; 07-21-22 at 05:47 AM.
Old 07-21-22, 06:13 AM
clubman 
Phyllo-buster

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 2297 Post(s)
Liked 2,048 Times in 1,253 Posts
Agreed, Britain is the source for all things Moulton and shipping is generally reasonable and timely.
Old 07-25-22, 01:12 AM
sprockett

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi OC Biker I'm looking for an AM7 ! Would be happy to purchase one, even without a rear wheel. How can I get in touch with you?
Old 08-15-22, 02:57 PM
OC Biker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello all,

Thanks for a the advice. I did contact SJS Cycles. A personal shout out to John, he was very helpful. As it turned out the original rim was fine upon closer inspection, so now I will be selling the bike with a spare new rim. Finally, I'm not too computer savvy. My intention is to list the bike on eBay. I know there still is some interest in the AM-7... Is there a better website to sell this bike than eBay?

Sprockett I have tried to private mail you but this website prohibits me for some reason (exceed 10 messages?), also I cannot post photos :-(
Old 08-15-22, 04:47 PM
bargainguy

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked 308 Times in 191 Posts
Sure, sell it here in the Classified section in the Folding Bikes subforum. You'll need a paid membership to do it, but you won't get socked with fees like the giant auction site.

You have to get to 10 posts here before certain forum features unlock. One way: Go to the Introductions forum, say hi to five of your new friends in their posts, and you're at the 10 post target. Then you can post pix etc.
Old 01-19-24, 01:17 PM
TTri

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Moulton AM7

Hi John
I saw you ad and im interested in your bike. Im local here in Laguna Hills, please give me a call to discuss . Thanks Tri 949 433 5323
Originally Posted by OC Biker
Hello,

I have a Moulton AM-7 (S/N 720009) that has been stored since purchase. This morning I pulled it out the closet with the intention of preparing it for sale. However, to my dismay I noticed that the rear rim is cracked. I've have had no luck (so far) finding a replacement rim. Does anyone have contact information for a US source of an identical replacement rim? Also, when repaired, I intend to sell the bike. Is there a preferred website/dealer for selling a vintage Moulton?

Best regards, John