Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Looking for info on the history of MTB geometry

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Looking for info on the history of MTB geometry

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-23, 01:48 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMountBike
Bike geometry has changed all over the days. The bikes started small, but now you can see different frames, sizes, suspensions, and weights actually change almost everything. In addition, it allows the riders to add or leave off unnecessary Parts according to their needs. Here are the things that changed bike geometry forever. They are now boasting longer top tubes, slackers, head angles, and shorter chainstays. In addition, bikes have got a higher stack. So, your position on the bike is well and truly optimized. Then people may consider a range of 325-350 millimeters in bottom bracket height.350+ millimeters bottom bracket height may fit you well. I think bikes should be shorter now. I am happy for the tall people. Because they comfortably ride the ride. But MTB wants the small and mediums to be a little smaller.
Just keep in mind this is a thread from 2020 that hasn't been active since it is now 2023.
Old 01-11-23, 09:45 PM
Repack Rider
Retro on steroids

Bikes: Breezer Repack 650-B, 2011 Gary Fisher Rumblefish II, Gary Fisher HiFi 29er, 1983 Ritchey Annapurna, 1994 Ritchey P-21, 1978 Breezer #2, 1975 Colnago, Ritchey P-29er

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 624 Times in 131 Posts
I scanned an article about that very subject today and posted it on my blog. It was written in 1985 and includes everyone from then that you might expect. Scroll to the third article.

https://fattireflyer.com/2023/01/11/cyclist-may-1985/
Likes For Repack Rider:
Old 01-12-23, 07:44 AM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2761 Post(s)
Liked 2,534 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Just keep in mind this is a thread from 2020 that hasn't been active since it is now 2023.
Chat bots don’t care.
Likes For Kapusta: