Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Sirrus X 3.0 L or XL

Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Sirrus X 3.0 L or XL

Old 09-01-21, 02:46 PM
gec5741

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sirrus X 3.0 L or XL

Hey there,

I am a novice biker and not hard core but I have been trying to find a good bike for some time now. When covid hit last year it was near impossible to get what I was looking for for what I was willing to spend. This year thinking it could be better I put in an order with our local shop for a sirrus X 3.0 and a Rock hopper for my son. This was back in March and since then the rockhopper has come in but my Sirrus X 3.0 is still on order and not expected in till maybe end of october or November. I really like the Sirrus X for me as it's a good hybrid bike and for the riding we will be doing it's a great bike! So long story short the shop called and they got in a Large Sirrux X 3.0 in the color I want. it's just a L and not an XL. I am 6' 4" and work out so i'm not a small human. I went in today to take a look at the bike and he did swap out the stem for a 120mm and has it slightly raised to put the handle bars in a bit of a higher position. Riding it feels pretty good and he swears it looks good size wise with the modifications. Seat is plenty high. I'm just worried as I want this bike to last me and not regret just getting the bigger frame. I did ride an XL rock hopper he just got in also and wasn't a huge different in fee from a large RH to an XL RH. I thought about just getting the RH but I really prefer the hybrid bike for what I want to do. I guess what my question is should I wait the next few months for the XL or grab this modified L and be done with it? Our rides will be mainly paved and gravel river trails. We like to go anywhere from 15 to 30 miles on a ride.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 09-03-21, 12:55 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4385 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 2,981 Posts
At 6'4" I would imagine the L is way too small for you. There's nothing worse than buying a bike that doesn't fit properly. If the shop guy is pushing you to buy the L just because they have one in stock then you need to find a better shop.

Specialized say that the size L Sirrus X is suitable for people from 5' 9" to 6' 0". That's not really you is it?
Old 09-03-21, 10:38 PM
Moisture
Drip, Drip.

Bikes: Trek Verve E bike, Felt Doctrine 4 XC, Opus Horizon Apex 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 163 Posts
At 6ft4 you are somewhere in between a XL and some XXL bikes. A large won't cut it, no way.