Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

GT Edge Steel w/ Record Groupset 56cm

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-22, 08:15 AM
Roxanne68

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I’m in Minneapolis Minnesota
Asking $1800

Beautiful time capsule of a Bike. The GT Edge is one of the most beautiful (IMO) frames ever built in the US with its signature triple triangle, elegant curved stays, Henry James dropouts, and pure art hand filleted brazing. These were hand built in Colorado, and being one of the earlier runs was constructed with the premium French Excell tube set. And if that were not enough, the Edge bikes come with the pedigree ranging from the US National team, to the tour de France with Lotto. A true racing classic and a work of art.

This example is in superb condition for a steel bike of its age, has great original paint, and still straight as an arrow – no rash and never crashed. This bike is equipped with top shelf and period correct components to complete your classic racing rig.

A little history, I purchased this ‘94 frame and ‘97 campy groupset new back when I worked as a tech at a bike shop back in the 90’s. I personally aligned the frame (didn’t need it), honed/squared head tube and BB, all threads chased, and the component mating surfaces hand filed to prevent paint chipping. I also gave the inside of the frame a light coating of rust preventative to assure it stayed preserved. I just went through the entire bike and removed everything to clean, lube, and adjust: everything works as it should. All of the consumables have a lot of life left in them: Cogs, rings, and break pads. This bike is fully tuned and ready to ride

Specs:
GT Edge 56” steel frame with Excel tubing
Campagnolo Record 9 spd Titanium Groupset: Crank (172.5), calipers, levers, front & rear derailleurs, bottom bracket, headset, & seat post
Campagnolo Vento wheels (in perfect true
Cinelli Gramo titanium Stem
Cinelli Top Ergo 66 bars (42cm)
Selle San Marco Concur saddle
Avocet 35 Cyclometer (works great)
Silva cork bar tape (new, Italian NOS from the 90’s)
Continental gatorskin tires (new)

Dimensions:
Seat tube (c to c) 56cm
Head tube: (c to c) 56cm
Reach (seat to top bar) : 70cm

let me know if you would like to see any more pics

Last edited by Roxanne68; 06-05-22 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-13-22, 08:29 PM
thehammerdog

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
Originally Posted by Roxanne68
I’m in Minneapolis Minnesota
Asking $1800

Beautiful time capsule of a Bike. The GT Edge is one of the most beautiful (IMO) frames ever built in the US with its signature triple triangle, elegant curved stays, Henry James dropouts, and pure art hand filleted brazing. These were hand built in Colorado, and being one of the earlier runs was constructed with the premium French Excell tube set. And if that were not enough, the Edge bikes come with the pedigree ranging from the US National team, to the tour de France with Lotto. A true racing classic and a work of art.

This example is in superb condition for a steel bike of its age, has great original paint, and still straight as an arrow – no rash and never crashed. This bike is equipped with top shelf and period correct components to complete your classic racing rig.

A little history, I purchased this ‘94 frame and ‘97 campy groupset new back when I worked as a tech at a bike shop back in the 90’s. I personally aligned the frame (didn’t need it), honed/squared head tube and BB, all threads chased, and the component mating surfaces hand filed to prevent paint chipping. I also gave the inside of the frame a light coating of rust preventative to assure it stayed preserved. I just went through the entire bike and removed everything to clean, lube, and adjust: everything works as it should. All of the consumables have a lot of life left in them: Cogs, rings, and break pads. This bike is fully tuned and ready to ride

Specs:
GT Edge 56” steel frame with Excel tubing
Campagnolo Record 9 spd Titanium Groupset: Crank (172.5), calipers, levers, front & rear derailleurs, bottom bracket, headset, & seat post
Campagnolo Vento wheels (in perfect true
Cinelli Gramo titanium Stem
Cinelli Top Ergo 66 bars (42cm)
Selle San Marco Concur saddle
Avocet 35 Cyclometer (works great)
Silva cork bar tape (new, Italian NOS from the 90’s)
Continental gatorskin tires (new)

Dimensions:
Seat tube (c to c) 56cm
Head tube: (c to c) 56cm
Reach (seat to top bar) : 70cm

let me know if you would like to see any more pics

great bike your asking price is extremely high. i just bought this GT aero edge for $200.00 yes not as nice plus not steel but I think your crazy high in asking price.
​​​​

sweet fast fun
good luck
Old 06-13-22, 09:02 PM
Roxanne68

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for your opinion, comparing the road edge to the aero is a bit apples to oranges, but value is ultimately in what someone may pay for it. Very desirable artisan built steel frame, and a full campy record group all in excellent condition to a gt or American bike aficionado may be what they are looking for. Could likely even part it out (gasp) for more. Worst case scenario is I have to keep a really nice bike that personally built. Cheers
Old 07-22-22, 08:46 PM
celesteguy 

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by thehammerdog
great bike your asking price is extremely high. i just bought this GT aero edge for $200.00 yes not as nice plus not steel but I think your crazy high in asking price.
I mean... just the stem alone on the Captain America GT is worth almost what you paid for the Aero, so... ??
Old 07-22-22, 10:20 PM
Roxanne68

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts