Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > Want To Buy
Reload this Page >

women's saddles

Notices
Want To Buy Looking to buy bicycle related gear? Post your request here. Requires upgraded membership to post new threads

women's saddles

Old 11-04-21, 07:51 PM
cyrano138

Bikes: 1986 Schwinn LeTour, 1977 Raleigh Super Course (converted to fixed gear), 199X GT outpost

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 32 Posts
women's saddles

I would like to see depending on the price if I could get as many as three women saddles. I had been using a pretty standard originate saddle for the builds for my wife's bikes. However, on using a wider saddle from Sole bikes, she remarked that the wider saddle felt much more comfortable. I would like to find at least one yellow one, but I'm happy to use black or whatever color I can find.
Old 12-16-21, 09:57 PM
lorica 

Bikes: 2011 Specialized Dolce Comp, 1990 Cannondale Black Lightning and several other vintage

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Are you still looking for women's saddles? I have a substantial collection and could let go of some.
Old 12-19-21, 10:22 AM
VegasJen

Quoted: 839 Post(s)
Liked 532 Times in 292 Posts
If he's no longer interested, I might be.
Old 12-22-21, 08:06 PM
lorica 

Bikes: 2011 Specialized Dolce Comp, 1990 Cannondale Black Lightning and several other vintage

Originally Posted by VegasJen
If he's no longer interested, I might be.
Let me know the specifics desired of the saddle(s) you might be looking for. I may have one or more that might match.
Old 12-22-21, 08:17 PM
VegasJen

Originally Posted by lorica
Let me know the specifics desired of the saddle(s) you might be looking for. I may have one or more that might match.
I don't really have any specifics that I know of. I'm still kind of a n00b so there's a lot of talk I still don't understand. Mainly I'm looking for something that's a little more comfortable on a long ride than what originally came on my bikes. So far as color, I'd prefer either white or black as either would match my bikes, but also a purple (more of a mauve really) would work on my Lexa and maybe a blue on my other Trek. I'd probably just be interested in one for the time being. I have the Lexa set up for triathlons so comfort isn't quite as much of a concern. My other bike is the one I take on longer rides. That one would be best with black or a lighter blue. Let me know what you have and how much.
Thanks,
Jen
Old 12-22-21, 08:46 PM
lorica 

Originally Posted by VegasJen
I don't really have any specifics that I know of. I'm still kind of a n00b so there's a lot of talk I still don't understand. Mainly I'm looking for something that's a little more comfortable on a long ride than what originally came on my bikes. So far as color, I'd prefer either white or black as either would match my bikes, but also a purple (more of a mauve really) would work on my Lexa and maybe a blue on my other Trek. I'd probably just be interested in one for the time being. I have the Lexa set up for triathlons so comfort isn't quite as much of a concern. My other bike is the one I take on longer rides. That one would be best with black or a lighter blue. Let me know what you have and how much.

Thanks,

Jen
Hi Jen... I'm sure I have something that would work. Most of my women's saddles are either black (most) or white but I do have a few in other colors. One that I like a lot is the Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow. I bought a few of the leather ones when they changed to a synthetic cover in the most recent model. I also have various Specialized women's saddles (Oura, Lithia, Jett, Ruby and the older leather Rivas), Terry saddles (Butterfly and Liberator), Brooks saddles (leather and one Cambium), as well as various other brands. I also have several women's vintage saddles for vintage bikes. I'll send you a PM to discuss your preferences.

Best wishes,

Lori
Old 12-22-21, 08:56 PM
VegasJen

Wow. OK, like I said, you're talking over my head. I have no idea what a lot of those are. I do know my Cannondale has an Italia on it. It's certainly more comfortable than either of the ones on my Treks, but that's the only place the Cannondale is more comfortable than the Treks. As I'm sure you know, black goes with everything!