Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Winter Cycling
Reload this Page >

The calm before the storm !

Notices
Winter Cycling Don't let snow and ice discourage you this winter. The key element to year-round cycling is proper attire! Check out this winter cycling forum to chat with other ice bike fanatics.

Old 01-28-22, 07:34 PM
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good

Bikes: Zipp2001 Carbon Belt Drive SS, Kestrel RT900SL, Kestrel KM40 Airfoil 1x10, Orbea Occam H30, Trek Stache 5 29 Plus, Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 867 Times in 443 Posts

It's about time we get a real winter storm this year, because we are well behind our average of snow this year. So, it's half day Friday and I want to get one more good ride on what has been near perfect trail conditions the last three weeks. Decided to do a heavy climbing route to add to the fun and played out in the woods for almost three and a half hours. The legs took a beating, and I enjoyed every bit of the pain. This has been a great month of riding and hoping the new snow will continue to add to the fun Oh Ya we are in the 18-28" snowfall range.
Likes For ZIPP2001:
Old 01-28-22, 07:47 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5218 Post(s)
Liked 3,564 Times in 2,331 Posts
that was great, loved that you didn't edit out the snow angel pose looking up at the trees. that down grade looked like a blast! & then the next one w/ the rollers was a sic long run! terrific conditions, eh?
Likes For rumrunn6:
Old 01-28-22, 09:01 PM
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good

Bikes: Zipp2001 Carbon Belt Drive SS, Kestrel RT900SL, Kestrel KM40 Airfoil 1x10, Orbea Occam H30, Trek Stache 5 29 Plus, Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 867 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
that was great, loved that you didn't edit out the snow angel pose looking up at the trees. that down grade looked like a blast! & then the next one w/ the rollers was a sic long run! terrific conditions, eh?
I'm sure hoping after this storm the snowmobiles get out there and we get more freezing temps because these conditions are perfect. You need to join me out in this playground, I always have an extra studded bike waiting to go and you can use the fat bike.
Likes For ZIPP2001:
Old 01-29-22, 11:27 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5218 Post(s)
Liked 3,564 Times in 2,331 Posts
Originally Posted by ZIPP2001
I'm sure hoping after this storm the snowmobiles get out there and we get more freezing temps because these conditions are perfect. You need to join me out in this playground, I always have an extra studded bike waiting to go and you can use the fat bike.
I remember, thank you, I often think of that option! I barely know when I can get a ride in myself, much less coordinate w/ someone else. but we've done it before, so it's still a possibility, thanks for the renewed offer!
Likes For rumrunn6: