Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Simoncini Cyclocross Special with 2x10 Campagnolo

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Old 01-15-23, 08:01 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts

1994-ish Simoncini with 10 speed Carbon Chorus $1000 OBO. The bike is in southern Wisconsin not far from Chicago, Milwaukee or Madison. I will ship but buyer covers all costs.
I’m continuing to thin the herd. The 1972 Chrome Schwinn Paramount & a 1972 painted Paramount plus a 1984-ish De Rosa Professional annd a Pinarello Gavia are recently sold. I’ll probably keep my 1971 PX-10 and 1985-ish Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra.

The 1994-ish Simoncini Cyclocross Special is the most fun & most versatile Italian bike I’ve owned. It's a Cyclocross racer from a mid-sized hand-builder. It is Columbus CROMOR tubing using lugs. It fits 700x32 tires easily. It's fast on pavement with a silky smooth ride and it covers firm gravel like a modern Endurance or Cyclocross bike. It's an ideal crushed limestone path & pavement use bike. The frame looks great with no scratches or dents. There is some inevitable & superficial corrosion near the cable housing guides. The tubing is CROMOR and the bike was built with an 8-speed cassette & Ergo Levers in mind. The rear drop-out is 130mm from the factory. . If you think that all steel bikes should have down-tube shifters, please stop reading now; this bike is not for you.

“near new” means the parts were new prior to the build. The bike has 400 miles since the build in 2016.
  • 60 cm seat tube (center-to-top), 57cm top tube (center-to-center)
Campagnolo Athena hubs laced to Mavic Open Pro black finish alloy clincher rims near new
  • Stampede Pass 700X32mm clincher tan sidewall near New
  • THR Cantilever brakes near new
  • Campagnolo 10-speed Chorus Carbon triple Ergo shifters, excellent
  • Campagnolo 10-speed Chorus carbon Triple derailleurs (long cage & matching front) , Excellent
  • Campagnolo 13-29 10 speed cassette, near new
  • Campagnolo Centaur Carbon compact crank 50&34 chainrings Like New
  • Polished alloy seatpost, near new
  • Black Selle Royal Seta leather saddle, near new
  • Campagnolo Record headset & bottom bracket, near new
  • Mavic 120mm stem
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.
Likes For Barrettscv:
Old 01-18-23, 10:00 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3897 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 2,227 Posts
Funny, .... over many years I have truly admired your bikes and being the same frame size always thought (hoped?) I would buy from you, when you culled. The last few months have seen me reduce my inventory by 8 complete bikes and a couple of lower priority project builds. With an equal number still to let go that are loved.

Dreams best left in Dreamland, I guess.
Moving on - simplifying & downsizing where needed.

GLWS
Old 02-03-23, 07:03 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1854 Post(s)
Liked 661 Times in 504 Posts
Originally Posted by Barrettscv
1994-ish Simoncini with 10 speed Carbon Chorus $1000 OBO. The bike is in southern Wisconsin not far from Chicago, Milwaukee or Madison. I will ship but buyer covers all costs.
I’m continuing to thin the herd. The 1972 Chrome Schwinn Paramount & a 1972 painted Paramount plus a 1984-ish De Rosa Professional annd a Pinarello Gavia are recently sold. I’ll probably keep my 1971 PX-10 and 1985-ish Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra.

The 1994-ish Simoncini Cyclocross Special is the most fun & most versatile Italian bike I’ve owned. It's a Cyclocross racer from a mid-sized hand-builder. It is Columbus CROMOR tubing using lugs. It fits 700x32 tires easily. It's fast on pavement with a silky smooth ride and it covers firm gravel like a modern Endurance or Cyclocross bike. It's an ideal crushed limestone path & pavement use bike. The frame looks great with no scratches or dents. There is some inevitable & superficial corrosion near the cable housing guides. The tubing is CROMOR and the bike was built with an 8-speed cassette & Ergo Levers in mind. The rear drop-out is 130mm from the factory. . If you think that all steel bikes should have down-tube shifters, please stop reading now; this bike is not for you.

“near new” means the parts were new prior to the build. The bike has 400 miles since the build in 2016.
  • 60 cm seat tube (center-to-top), 57cm top tube (center-to-center)
Campagnolo Athena hubs laced to Mavic Open Pro black finish alloy clincher rims near new
  • Stampede Pass 700X32mm clincher tan sidewall near New
  • THR Cantilever brakes near new
  • Campagnolo 10-speed Chorus Carbon triple Ergo shifters, excellent
  • Campagnolo 10-speed Chorus carbon Triple derailleurs (long cage & matching front) , Excellent
  • Campagnolo 13-29 10 speed cassette, near new
  • Campagnolo Centaur Carbon compact crank 50&34 chainrings Like New
  • Polished alloy seatpost, near new
  • Black Selle Royal Seta leather saddle, near new
  • Campagnolo Record headset & bottom bracket, near new
  • Mavic 120mm stem
Hi, Michael, long time no see! Are you selling that Simoncini as built or are you parting it out? I'm a little confused by your posting.
Old 02-05-23, 12:26 PM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
Hi, Michael, long time no see! Are you selling that Simoncini as built or are you parting it out? I'm a little confused by your posting.
I'd prefer to sell it complete as built. All the components are ideal for the frame as both a road bike or a rails-to-trails bike.
When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.
Old 03-09-23, 02:48 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11952 Post(s)
Liked 6,602 Times in 3,466 Posts
Moved to C&V Sales from Brifter forum.