Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Kabuki skyway 12

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Kabuki skyway 12

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-23, 04:05 PM
andystrimshop

Bikes: kabuki sykway 12 kabuckiSMD. kabuki super light

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kabuki skyway 12

friend gave me a Kabuki skyway 12.
serial number: 1989117 ...and then an insignia that looks like a combine number 4 and a "T".
Is there a way to tell what components originally came on this bike (it has steel chrome rims) but would have thought aluminum would have been more common.
also has sun tour front derailer combined with sun tour VX rear derailer. does this sound about right to all who would know? thanks
Old 02-05-23, 05:21 PM
Pcampeau

Bikes: 1968 Raleigh Super Course, 1972 Raleigh Professional, 1975 Raleigh International, 1978 Raleigh Professional, 1985 Raleigh Prestige, 1972 Schwinn Paramount, 1980 Schwinn Voyageur 11.8, 1960 Carlton Franco Suisse Peugeot PX10, 1972 Motobecane Le Champ

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 351 Posts
I’ve had 2 Bridgestone Skyway bikes pass through my hands. Both had steel wheels that were original to the bikes as well as SunTour shifting. I liked the SunTour mechs much better than the wheels. If you can find a decent set of alloy wheels that fit for cheap, you’ll lighten by a bit the Skyways considerable weight and improve the quality of the ride.
Old 02-06-23, 08:08 AM
Kobe 

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 179 Posts
This weekend I picked up a Kabuki Grand Kabuki with that exact combination of 27" chrome wheels and Suntour derailleurs. The crankset is one I have never seen before though. I will definitely be swapping the wheels for something lighter and 700c.

Old 02-11-23, 07:50 AM
andystrimshop

Bikes: kabuki sykway 12 kabuckiSMD. kabuki super light

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks for both responses...also was wondering what year of bike the kabuki skyway 12 is? Frame is is perfect fit for me 6ft- 145lbs. will take apart and lube wheels for now as they are both straight and have no rust.