Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Walmart's best!

Old 10-08-21, 06:39 PM
grant40

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked 343 Times in 202 Posts
Walmart's best!

Features:
  • 3 spoke aluminum wheels: lightweight and more durable
  • Gift for friend
  • Disc Brakes
  • Fashionable, advanced Suspension, Shimanos Derailleur, SHimanos 30 Shifter
  • Disc brakes-Mechanical,Fast delivery
  • High quality, Full suspensio
  • Mens/womens bikes
Accessories introduction:
  • F/derailleur: Shimanos TZ-30
  • r/derailleur: Shimanos TZ-50
  • Shifter: Shimanos 30
  • Freewheel: 7 tower wheels
  • Chain: 108 chain
  • Chainwheel: 170 three small sprocket
  • Frame/Fork: One-piece front fork
  • Handlebar/stem: one bend
  • Tire: 700c
  • Frame: high carbon steel
  • Brake: mechanical disc brake
  • Product description:
  • Tire size: 26in
  • Product size: 150x25x(59-70)cm/59x9.8x(23-27.5)in
  • Product packaging size: 134x72x19cm/52x28x7.5in
  • Gross weight: 18kg
Products include:
  • 1x bicycle
  • Good quality: The sturdy frame, mountain bike frame and excellent welding technology make it a sturdy and durable cruise bike.
  • Unique tire: 26 inch fashion rim tire is more secure and firm. It has 21 speeds to cope with hilly terrain, and the gear shifting is great and smooth. All-terrain, wide-knob mountain tires sit on lightweight and durable alloy wheels for added stability.
  • Enjoy cycling: Stunt bikes are very suitable for mountain, wasteland, and effective on roads, trails, cities, beaches or snow.
  • Easy assembly: The package includes free pedals and comfortable seats. Requires assembly.
  • UMfun Road Bike 21 Speed 700c Carbon Steel Frame Commuters Aluminum with Full Suspension & Mechanical Disc Brakes Anti-Slip Bikes for Adult Men Women(White,Blue)
Likes For grant40:
Old 10-08-21, 08:06 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Quoted: 7622 Post(s)
Liked 3,432 Times in 1,813 Posts
I particularly like the EZ-Access front brake levers. Just grow an extra foot in the forearms and clamp down those fast-delivery mech discs.

Further, putting the tires on the rims for added stability? Genius.

The invisible suspension is also a very attractive feature.

If only I had known about stunt bikes while I was still buying bikes.

I guess I really need to stretch my budget, because the way things are going, we are all going to be doing a lot of riding through the wasteland. Does it come with a machete for warding off zombies? Or will the zombies be rooted in place, awed by the fashion-rim tires
Likes For Maelochs:
Old 10-08-21, 08:14 PM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,445 Times in 1,557 Posts
Oooooo, lets go cycling in the "wasteland!"
Likes For thumpism:
Old 10-08-21, 08:18 PM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1738 Post(s)
Liked 1,404 Times in 960 Posts
Read through the specs:

Chainwheel: 170 three small sprocket (what does that mean?)
Tires: 700c
Tire size: 26in (which one is it, 700c or 26 in?)
Gross Weight: 18kg (40lbs!!!)

TdF ready fer shur!!
Likes For skidder:
Old 10-08-21, 08:35 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3899 Post(s)
Liked 7,163 Times in 2,897 Posts
A lot of retro grouches will buy it because it's bucking the fully integrated cable trend.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 10-08-21, 08:40 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7, Trek Emonda ALR, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked 1,662 Times in 978 Posts
WTF is up with those bars....and how the hell do you stop with the brake levers dragging on the ground

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 10-08-21, 08:56 PM
mikedk13

Bikes: '21 Trek Domane AL3, '18 Trek FX2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
The whole thing kind of hurts my eyes.
Likes For mikedk13:
Old 10-08-21, 09:33 PM
frogman

Bikes: Wife says I have too many :-)

Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 158 Posts
I am fascinated with the brake levers too. I think they messed up the mounting of the brake levers they should have been mounted up on the horizontal bar section (the conventional location) The assembler needs to see how drop bars are set up

Last edited by frogman; 10-08-21 at 09:48 PM.
Likes For frogman:
Old 10-08-21, 10:07 PM
Outrider1

Bikes: Trek Emonda ALR 5

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 296 Times in 137 Posts
I like the rear mount deluxe 9000 kick stand!
Likes For Outrider1:
Old 10-08-21, 10:11 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 3868 Post(s)
Liked 2,559 Times in 1,574 Posts
Is this some kind of Obvious Plant thing?
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498
Likes For ThermionicScott:
Old 10-08-21, 11:05 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4556 Post(s)
Liked 2,794 Times in 1,796 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
Wasteland bike is not real. Nothing is real.
Likes For canklecat:
Old 10-08-21, 11:45 PM
Vintage Schwinn

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 385 Times in 252 Posts
WALMART's BEST may very well be the 31 pound GMC DENALI 700C 21 speed bicycle that they sold so many of. This Kent bicycle is currently in production today as the GENESIS SABER. It is the same exact bike as the DENALI, just with different wording on the sticker decals since Kent no longer has a licensing agreement with General Motors. Laugh if you want to but there are hundreds of thousands of folks that love the Kent Gmc Denali, now badged as the Kent Genesis Saber.

https://www.bikeforums.net/general-c...-heck-not.html

https://kent.bike.com/collections/al...sis-saber-road

Here is the link for the old Denali, as you can see it is the same bicycle as the current GENESIS SABER
https://kent.bike.com/collections/ro...me-road-denali

Just like the old Denali came in three Mens sizes, Small(20 inch frame) or Medium(22 inch frame) or Large (25 inch frame), so does the current GENESIS SABER.
Kent also continues to offer the (17 inch Womens frame) too with the same frame and equipment as on the former Denali version.

The KENT GMC Denali was a very popular WALLYWORLD as it was offered with the GMC DENALI decals for a decade and a half and it was massively popular for each year it was offered. There are many folks still happily riding these fifteen year old Wallyworld specials. Yes, perhaps 31 pounds and a Wallyworld pedigree is something a "serious cyclist" may detest but despite the jokes about the assembly from the Wallyworld assemblers, most of these Kent bikes are still going strong.
There are many folks that find them to be decent enough and very reliable bicycles for their pace and style of riding. You cannot argue with that. Once, not too long ago, I heard an absolute idiot trying to explain to someone else why an early seventies Campagnolo equipped , European 10 speed would be superior to the basic but Shimano equipped 21 speed 700C Denali that they were riding. You have to really laugh as there is no doubt that such a classic bike has mkt value but to suggest to someone who cares only about reliabilty and functionality, that is like telling someone to go buy a 1972 Porsche 911 instead of buying a two year old, 2020 Kia Soul.
Sure, it might be a valid suggestion if that bicycle rider has the knowledge and skills to know how to adjust, and maintain vintage equipment. Campagnolo, Simplex, and Huret rear derailleurs weren't nearly as reliable as early Seventies SHIMANO & Maeda SUNTOUR units. There is a segment of the population that just wants to drive from point A to point B each time with supreme reliabilty and decent overall economy...........this does not mean frequent trips to the dealership service bay, or the mechanic at an independent professional automotive repair facility. Bicycle consumers at levels less than the "spandex be like Lance , serious cyclsts, don't care so much about what it weighs and how fast it might go. They are "sold" on these ideas by those with a vested interest to sell the particular bikes that they carry in their shops. They cannot compete in economy basic bicycles with Wallyworld or Target, so their only strategic option is to bash the very basic offerings of the big box store chains, referring to those offerings as BSO (bicycle shaped objects) and this strategy is successful in that many consumers within a certain peer group crave a certain level of approval and acceptance, and thus are too insecure and afraid of being the person riding the "unacceptable image" bicycle even though its functionality as a basic bicycle is adequate and mostly flawless. Certainly, there are more technologically advanced and perhaps better features on many much more expensive Local Bike Shop bicycle offerings, but essentially if you only need a brand new economy car or a brand new affordable mini van, you do not generally go shopping at the Ferrari or Porsche dealership. This is probably where the entire industry serving the Local Bike Shops, really misses the boat in my opinion. It is more than a Catch-22 situation because the LBS cannot compete with WALLYWORLD or TARGET, and if they began to offer compareable basic bicycles, then the serious cyclists would acclaim that ABC bike shop and XYZ brand is losing their luster because they are now catering to "common anybodies" rather than to a somewhat exclusive clientele, as it should be. All of Wallyworld's bikes are not bad and not all of the bike shop offerings from recognized names are great. Basic bicycles are not terribly complicated. Even some of the lesser quality Wallyworld specials can be simply and easily sorted out by the do-it-yourselfer to be near perfect in functionality and durabilty as a basic bicycle. If you still are too timid and afraid to be seen riding a basic Wallyworld bicycle, then for about $20 to $25 total cost, you can purchase a neat looking colorful DECAL set for whatever marque, past or present, and give your bicycle an "upgrade". Most of the boneheads that bash these low end Wallyworld offerings wouldn't have a clue from 10ft away. You can mix and match, or make your own. Search: bicycle decal set (all categories on EBAY) and that should give you hours of fun looking at all the different reproductions being offered by various people in various countries. Though many here on bikeforums do not believe that it is even possible, but there are many people who seem to really enjoy riding Wal-mart bicycles. The youtube videos attest that this is so..

Likes For Vintage Schwinn:
Old 10-09-21, 04:05 AM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1724 Post(s)
Liked 1,346 Times in 703 Posts
Who cares??
Likes For TiHabanero:
Old 10-09-21, 05:47 AM
Warbird21

Bikes: Salsa Warbird

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 163 Times in 85 Posts
Originally Posted by Outrider1
I like the rear mount deluxe 9000 kick stand!
Hey, I had that kickstand on my old Raleigh, it worked great! (same frame mount) But, on my Salsa, I just can't drag that anchor around with me, it weighed about 3 oz.
Old 10-09-21, 06:41 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18270 Post(s)
Liked 15,185 Times in 7,172 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder
Read through the specs:

Chainwheel: 170 three small sprocket (what does that mean?)
Triple crank with 170mm crank arms. That’s where this bike falls. Needs 172.5mm crank arms.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 10-09-21, 07:05 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Quoted: 7622 Post(s)
Liked 3,432 Times in 1,813 Posts
@VintageSchwinn, I hope your wife never finds out about that thing you've going on with Denali .....
Likes For Maelochs:
Old 10-09-21, 07:23 AM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked 605 Times in 455 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
It has to be! Love the too long extra cabling at the RD.
Likes For GrainBrain:
Old 10-09-21, 07:52 AM
CrimsonEclipse

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked 558 Times in 324 Posts
The Red Derailleur sprocket is a warning to possible buyers.
Likes For CrimsonEclipse:
Old 10-09-21, 07:56 AM
CAT7RDR

Bikes: 1999 Schwinn Peloton Ultegra 10, Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra, Trek Marlin 6 Deore 29'er

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 810 Post(s)
Liked 1,941 Times in 933 Posts
I want one only if the crack assemblers at Wally World shoehorn one together for me.
One can never be too safe.
Likes For CAT7RDR:
Old 10-09-21, 08:18 AM
Frank S

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Vintage Schwinn
WALMART's BEST may very well be the 31 pound GMC DENALI 700C 21 speed bicycle that they sold so many of. This Kent bicycle is currently in production today as the GENESIS SABER. It is the same exact bike as the DENALI, just with different wording on the sticker decals since Kent no longer has a licensing agreement with General Motors. Laugh if you want to but there are hundreds of thousands of folks that love the Kent Gmc Denali, now badged as the Kent Genesis Saber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTdWX6VzllU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z3UZjFiT3Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3QWh0Ph-eE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZT49JO2J3E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtQwV5Khog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHfRK-mUNxE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz1fZoYDzww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07AKY6rgLo0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hHcXrkpfxg

Here is the link for the old Denali, as you can see it is the same bicycle as the current GENESIS SABER

Just like the old Denali came in three Mens sizes, Small(20 inch frame) or Medium(22 inch frame) or Large (25 inch frame), so does the current GENESIS SABER.
Kent also continues to offer the (17 inch Womens frame) too with the same frame and equipment as on the former Denali version.

The KENT GMC Denali was a very popular WALLYWORLD as it was offered with the GMC DENALI decals for a decade and a half and it was massively popular for each year it was offered. There are many folks still happily riding these fifteen year old Wallyworld specials. Yes, perhaps 31 pounds and a Wallyworld pedigree is something a "serious cyclist" may detest but despite the jokes about the assembly from the Wallyworld assemblers, most of these Kent bikes are still going strong.
There are many folks that find them to be decent enough and very reliable bicycles for their pace and style of riding. You cannot argue with that. Once, not too long ago, I heard an absolute idiot trying to explain to someone else why an early seventies Campagnolo equipped , European 10 speed would be superior to the basic but Shimano equipped 21 speed 700C Denali that they were riding. You have to really laugh as there is no doubt that such a classic bike has mkt value but to suggest to someone who cares only about reliabilty and functionality, that is like telling someone to go buy a 1972 Porsche 911 instead of buying a two year old, 2020 Kia Soul.
Sure, it might be a valid suggestion if that bicycle rider has the knowledge and skills to know how to adjust, and maintain vintage equipment. Campagnolo, Simplex, and Huret rear derailleurs weren't nearly as reliable as early Seventies SHIMANO & Maeda SUNTOUR units. There is a segment of the population that just wants to drive from point A to point B each time with supreme reliabilty and decent overall economy...........this does not mean frequent trips to the dealership service bay, or the mechanic at an independent professional automotive repair facility. Bicycle consumers at levels less than the "spandex be like Lance , serious cyclsts, don't care so much about what it weighs and how fast it might go. They are "sold" on these ideas by those with a vested interest to sell the particular bikes that they carry in their shops. They cannot compete in economy basic bicycles with Wallyworld or Target, so their only strategic option is to bash the very basic offerings of the big box store chains, referring to those offerings as BSO (bicycle shaped objects) and this strategy is successful in that many consumers within a certain peer group crave a certain level of approval and acceptance, and thus are too insecure and afraid of being the person riding the "unacceptable image" bicycle even though its functionality as a basic bicycle is adequate and mostly flawless. Certainly, there are more technologically advanced and perhaps better features on many much more expensive Local Bike Shop bicycle offerings, but essentially if you only need a brand new economy car or a brand new affordable mini van, you do not generally go shopping at the Ferrari or Porsche dealership. This is probably where the entire industry serving the Local Bike Shops, really misses the boat in my opinion. It is more than a Catch-22 situation because the LBS cannot compete with WALLYWORLD or TARGET, and if they began to offer compareable basic bicycles, then the serious cyclists would acclaim that ABC bike shop and XYZ brand is losing their luster because they are now catering to "common anybodies" rather than to a somewhat exclusive clientele, as it should be. All of Wallyworld's bikes are not bad and not all of the bike shop offerings from recognized names are great. Basic bicycles are not terribly complicated. Even some of the lesser quality Wallyworld specials can be simply and easily sorted out by the do-it-yourselfer to be near perfect in functionality and durabilty as a basic bicycle. If you still are too timid and afraid to be seen riding a basic Wallyworld bicycle, then for about $20 to $25 total cost, you can purchase a neat looking colorful DECAL set for whatever marque, past or present, and give your bicycle an "upgrade". Most of the boneheads that bash these low end Wallyworld offerings wouldn't have a clue from 10ft away. You can mix and match, or make your own. Search: bicycle decal set (all categories on EBAY) and that should give you hours of fun looking at all the different reproductions being offered by various people in various countries. Though many here on bikeforums do not believe that it is even possible, but there are many people who seem to really enjoy riding Wal-mart bicycles. The youtube videos attest that this is so..
A bike shop could never sell such a bike. They can't compete with Walmart. It would, very likely, be cheaper for them to buy from Walmart than through a distributor.
Old 10-09-21, 08:23 AM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 179 Posts
From the Walmart website:
price $245.55 with free shipping! That works out to only $7.16 per pound (but add sales tax) a bargain since I spent $85 per pound for my last trike.
"The complete bike weighs in at an impressive 35 lbs, the lightest in its class." I guess the class they refer to must be bicycle shaped object road bikes. F/derailleur: Shimanos TZ-30 R/derailleur: Shimanos TZ-50 Shimano Tourney. I guess they put too much money into the graphics to afford better components,
Likes For VegasTriker:
Old 10-09-21, 08:58 AM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked 1,160 Times in 676 Posts
fix the bar tape and i'm there.
Likes For spelger:
Old 10-09-21, 01:00 PM
grant40

Embrace it bruh

Originally Posted by cubewheels
The nut and bolt axle means the bike's wheels will never get stolen (unless the thief is carrying wrench)
Nobody is gonna steal those wheels because nobody wants them and would be embarrassed to see themselves with them.
Likes For grant40:
Old 10-09-21, 01:02 PM
grant40

Different bike.

Here is a different bike that I found on Walmart that in general is not as crazy, but has an interesting handlebar placement.
Old 10-09-21, 05:15 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3629 Post(s)
Liked 5,297 Times in 2,690 Posts
Originally Posted by Vintage Schwinn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTdWX6VzllU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z3UZjFiT3Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3QWh0Ph-eE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZT49JO2J3E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtQwV5Khog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHfRK-mUNxE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz1fZoYDzww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07AKY6rgLo0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hHcXrkpfxg

Impressive, thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.