Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

An entirely North American bicycle?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

An entirely North American bicycle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-21, 09:40 AM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3871 Post(s)
Liked 2,568 Times in 1,579 Posts
Originally Posted by travbikeman
I know in the late 1980's the Carlisle Tire group or co. was the last to make bicycle tires in the U.S. I am not locating any info that shows there are any current American manufactured bicycle tires.
That's much more recent than I would have guessed!
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498
Old 09-08-21, 09:49 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3135 Post(s)
Liked 1,703 Times in 1,028 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
That's much more recent than I would have guessed!
I think Coker in TN still make 36” bicycle tires.
Old 09-08-21, 09:52 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Originally Posted by base2
Fwiw: An American made frame from an American boutique frame builder leaves very few options for American tubes with which to build the frame from.

Vari-Wall Therm-LX tubing is made in a foundry in Ohio. On par with Reynolds 853 IIRC.
It gets complicated depending on how far back into the raw material you want to take the NA thing, but building in titanium extends the range. T-Lab in Montreal shape and build only NA ti tubing, for example.
Old 09-08-21, 10:12 AM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Originally Posted by chaadster
I think Coker in TN still make 36” bicycle tires.
Oh yeah! This has got me thinking: are automotive rim diameters measured at the bead, like bike tires? If so, that would open up some options in MTB 26" (22") and 650B (23"), although I'm not sure how far I'd want to pedal tires like this:

RUSA #7498
Old 09-08-21, 11:03 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10955 Post(s)
Liked 7,484 Times in 4,186 Posts
WoundUp forks are made in Utah. When they contract build forks for other companies they attach a label that says "Advanced Composites." You've probably seen their forks. Once you know what they look like you'll see 'em everywhere...carbon legs, aluminium 1⅛ straight steerer or steel threaded, ~$80-$150 or so, depending. Great budget carbon forks, actually.
WoundUp forks were $450ish a couple years ago when I looked. Cant imagine they have dropped...
They have an interesting niche- the thinner fork legs mate well with older steel.
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 09-08-21, 11:08 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,593 Times in 3,781 Posts
Velocity recently consolidated both US operations to Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Their facility is 6-7 miles away from my work. Been there before to pick up some spokes. Nice people.

Old 09-08-21, 11:12 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
Originally Posted by 70sSanO
I do believe that you could buy a completely American made Varsity.
No, because the horrible* derailleurs on the varsity were made in France. Nothing on the Paramount was MUSA at all, except the frame. But obviously not any of the frame components, which were European.

*people have tried to convince me that they weren't horrible, which I find amusing.
Old 09-08-21, 11:18 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 933 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
WoundUp forks were $450ish a couple years ago when I looked. Cant imagine they have dropped...
They have an interesting niche- the thinner fork legs mate well with older steel.
Oh, yeah. They are much more now for the straight leg blocky crown versions under their own brand. IIRC I paid around $600 but 750 gram forks (uncut) rated for 180mm rotors are/were hard to find.

The contract build ones under the parent company name you would find at places like Nashbar are way cheaper.

Car dependency is a tax.
Old 09-08-21, 11:46 AM
70sSanO

Bikes: 1986 Cannondale SR400 (Flat bar commuter), 1988 Cannondale Criterium XTR, 1992 Serotta T-Max, 1995 Trek 970

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1943 Post(s)
Liked 2,164 Times in 1,323 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
No, because the horrible* derailleurs on the varsity were made in France. Nothing on the Paramount was MUSA at all, except the frame. But obviously not any of the frame components, which were European.

*people have tried to convince me that they weren't horrible, which I find amusing.
Thanks for the info.

I had a Varsity as a kid, but I don’t remember enough to try to convince anyone of anything. All I remember is my Dad got it used and painted it Candy Apple Blue and it looked cool, at least to a 13 yo.

So basically there was never any good production American made derailleur drivetrains, except possibly a boutique offering here and there.

John
Old 09-08-21, 12:30 PM
Germany_chris
I’m a little Surly

Bikes: Two Cross Checks, a Karate Monkey, a Disc Trucker, and a VO Randonneur

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 1,294 Times in 647 Posts
Originally Posted by cb400bill
Their facility is 6-7 miles away from my work. Been there before to pick up some spokes. Nice people.

They're in GR??

My Mavic Open Elites on the BG are already out of round because *reasons* If they get any worse I'll buy some new rims and support MI and MUSA.
Likes For Germany_chris:
Old 09-08-21, 12:32 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Maybe the way to cut the drivetrain issue is to go belt drive. Gates Carbon Drive belts are made in USA, and maybe there are chainring and cog options from NA producers.
Likes For chaadster:
Old 09-08-21, 02:39 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
Oh yeah! This has got me thinking: are automotive rim diameters measured at the bead, like bike tires? If so, that would open up some options in MTB 26" (22") and 650B (23")...
Ssssort of. Can you imagine a car wheel that's 22" bead and <2" wide?
Genesis 49:16-17
Old 09-08-21, 03:17 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
Ssssort of. Can you imagine a car wheel that's 22" bead and <2" wide?
I'm thinking more like motorcycles or really antique cars... wasn't 26" originally a motorcycle wheel standard, or am I mixing up my history?
RUSA #7498
Old 09-08-21, 07:31 PM
dedhed
SE Wis

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2746 Post(s)
Liked 3,390 Times in 2,053 Posts
Originally Posted by billridesbikes
The United States never had much of a bike manufacturing culture except maybe for a brief time in 1890s.
Schwinn? Murray? Ross? Huffy? Columbia? Worksman? Monark? Rollfast?
While these generally aren't high end bikes many bicycles were MUSA throughout the 40 - 60's and many into the 80's
Old 09-09-21, 07:05 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4349 Post(s)
Liked 3,986 Times in 2,661 Posts
It is more possible with a flat bar single speed/fixed gear set up.

Tires? Not that I know of unless some ancient tires
Spokes? Phil Wood, Wheelsmith and DT Swiss make in the U.S. (but not all DT Swiss)
Drop bars? Same as tires but some excellent options in flat bars or custom bars. Thomson makes their seat posts and stems in the U.S. everything else overseas.
Bar tape? Newbaums and ESI but potentially Wolf Tooth Components as well.
Cassette? Not currently but SRP was MUSA
Derailers front and rear? Maybe the new stuff from Rene Herse? But probably not Paul vintage stuff is an option but expensive and old.
Shifters and Levers? Or Brifters? (I know this is way out there, but have to ask) No shifters I know of but Paul makes some great brake levers for flat bars or they do have cross levers for drops.
Cables+Housing? Powercordz
Pedals? Yoshimura

What I would do is get tires from Germany (Continental) and use Orange Seal tubeless sealant and a chain from Germany or Japan (Connex or Izumi) and that would get me most of the way on a single speed/fixed gear. Though honestly I care more about component quality than just being made in the U.S. There are plenty of U.S. makers that make great stuff I like but not everything.
Old 09-09-21, 07:49 PM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 546 Times in 306 Posts
Cane Creek eeWings for the cranks. A single speed with a Gates belt drive. Rolf wheels?
Old 09-09-21, 08:23 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
Originally Posted by dedhed
Schwinn? Murray? Ross? Huffy? Columbia? Worksman? Monark? Rollfast?
While these generally aren't high end bikes many bicycles were MUSA throughout the 40 - 60's and many into the 80's
Ross sold some pretty decent bikes in the '70s and into the '80s. Not sure how many of the decent mid-range bikes were MUSA. Last I heard, Worksman is still around making very solid bikes that are only rarely used for recreation. We weren't really talking about bikes that were made here out of foreign and domestic components though. The tricky part of the question was all-MUSA/North American components.

I don't know if I would really give Columbia, Murray, AMF, and Huffy credit for what they made though. Huffy bought Raleigh, which didn't turn out that great. Otherwise, if those companies had taken bicycles seriously, they could have done a lot better. I can't imagine they were making much money selling bike like objects to KMart.

Last edited by unterhausen; 09-09-21 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-09-21, 08:36 PM
Flatforkcrown

Bikes: N+1

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 419 Times in 159 Posts
I’d much rather have an all Italian or Japanese bike.
Old 09-10-21, 12:04 AM
Vintage Schwinn

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked 396 Times in 259 Posts
The 1965 year model marks the last offering of the SCHWINN AMERICAN, which was an ordinary bicycle that I seem to recall was introduced in the Fifties, in response to those few that wanted everything on their two wheeler to be made in the United States of America.

I think Schwinn pulled the plug and eliminated the AMERICAN because it became increasingly difficult to obtain certain quality components at similar prices that were on par with the components that Schwinn was sourcing from other nations. I do think that Schwinn's product planners realized that such a 100% USA content bicycle with crappier components than other similar Schwinns just did not make sense, especially when the total unit cost of the AMERICAN was likely more than the better similar models which featured quality German made pedals to name just one particular component.

Sure, heck yes, Schwinn or other marques could have contracted with and influenced domestic mfg firms to build said components to Schwinn Approved specs that equalled the other Schwinn Approved components being sourced from abroad, but business is business and rule number one is satisfy the shareholders with the best possible after tax year end profit. In that era (SIXTIES), you could not even think of doing something like sourcing everything domestically at a price disadvantage, and possibly a quality disadvantage. Your suggested retail price of said SCHWINN would have significantly risen and this would have certainly negatively impacted sales.
You must remember that the US. BICYCLE MANUFACTURERS were protected by very high tariffs on IMPORTED FOREIGN PRODUCED BICYCLES for a significant period of time. If I recall correctly, President Kennedy increased these tariffs. You'll need to research the specifics and the specifics on when said tariffs were removed, thus impacting all the US BIKE MAKERS who had become somewhat lazy and unprepared for huge retailers of the era, bringing foreign made bikes into their catalogs and store's bicycle section. Once there was significant price competition among the also rans, versus the foreign made bikes in continuing to get their product to be chosen in mass quantity for such retail store/hardware store chain channels, the blank had hit the fan, and the writing was on the wall for some USA parts makers who could not remain competitive on a price basis with those from elsewhere.
I might be totally wrong, but my guess is that by 1969 that likely all of the ordinary bicycles from all the USA bicycle makers, Schwinn and those that later made up the "BMA-6" (Columbia, Ross, Huffy, Murray, AMF...... ) probably did not have a 100% usa content ordinary bicycle offering.
Perhaps one of them did, I don't know exactly, but The Start of the Seventies and infation (remember the WIN buttons during Nixon's first term ) after the mild recession of Dec '69 - 1970.............whip inflation now = WIN..........that likely assisted bike makers in seeking more parts at lower unit costs that could assist in preserving margins.
------almost at the same time, the Great Bike Boom would begin.....
You all know that when NIXON visited CHINA, the Chinese were all travelling on bicycles and China was completely backwards, if not also over, under, and upside down as a nation. That was 50 YEARS AGO. China was at least a century behind every industrialized nation as its people were riding bicycles for transportation. Who would have thought fifty years ago that China would be where they are today?
Basic bicycle manufacturing ain't exactly rocket science.

Does anyone even remember when the USA tire manufacturers & rubber companies discontinued the domestic manufacturing of bicycle tires? Elvis was probably still alive and performing concerts. ( I'm guessing that many discontinued production before the Summer of 1977 )

Really, what is the point in trying to construct an all new, all USA content bicycle?
Who would buy such a concraption, if it wasn't at least as decent as existing offerings?
I mean, look, you had that one small Detroit firm that made a re-imagined COLLEGIATE that in my opinion is no better than a Wallyworld or Tarjay Schwinn Admiral, Gateway, whatever name moniker that Pacific Cycle calls it.......The Wallyworld/Tarjay bike is $200 (was sometimes around $160) and the Detroit COLLEGIATE thing was five times the cost. 100% USA, well probably not even close, but it was assembled/built in limited quantity in Motown. Perhaps this makes it worth the price differential to some discerning buyers. Certainly, the Detroit boutique COLLEGIATE will carry some value while the Tarjay & Wallyworld specials will reach minimal yard-sale,craigs , & flea mkt prices throughout the remainder of their useful lives at functional bicycles.

Some of the most extreme C.A.B.E. folks choose their antique bicycles for the original equipment, original made in USA components. Those nutty zealots are so ridiculous in choosing to ride heavily deteriorated 65 year old tires that are either original equipment to their bicycle, or are period(year model) correct originals that were made at that time(still 65 year old tires...even if scavenged from another lesser make bicycle, or women's bicycle).
I always make it a point to ask these nuts, ARE YOU ALSO USING A PATCHED TOGETHER INNERTUBE FROM 1956, after they say you know it took me five years to find a useable original equipment tire that matched the year of the bike, or they say that you know with some Flex Seal and Shoe Goo, I made this old factory correct US RUBBER Company Strato-turd Delta-88 tire from 1956 ride like new on my Goonie Bird.
I certainly do understand that an original tire might look ultra-cool on a museum display bicycle but lots of those zealots are riding on those badly cracked and deteriorated tires. They do so as a badge of honor but my guess is a few of them will encounter a crash of horror that could have been entirely prevented. Hopefully, they all realize when that tire is ready to be retired before the tire totally destructs and they get hurt.
Likes For Vintage Schwinn:
Old 09-10-21, 06:02 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3665 Post(s)
Liked 5,416 Times in 2,753 Posts
Originally Posted by Vintage Schwinn
The 1965 year model marks the last offering of the SCHWINN AMERICAN, which was an ordinary bicycle that I seem to recall was introduced in the Fifties, in response to those few that wanted everything on their two wheeler to be made in the United States of America.

I think Schwinn pulled the plug and eliminated the AMERICAN because it became increasingly difficult to obtain certain quality components at similar prices that were on par with the components that Schwinn was sourcing from other nations. I do think that Schwinn's product planners realized that such a 100% USA content bicycle with crappier components than other similar Schwinns just did not make sense, especially when the total unit cost of the AMERICAN was likely more than the better similar models which featured quality German made pedals to name just one particular component.

Sure, heck yes, Schwinn or other marques could have contracted with and influenced domestic mfg firms to build said components to Schwinn Approved specs that equalled the other Schwinn Approved components being sourced from abroad, but business is business and rule number one is satisfy the shareholders with the best possible after tax year end profit. In that era (SIXTIES), you could not even think of doing something like sourcing everything domestically at a price disadvantage, and possibly a quality disadvantage. Your suggested retail price of said SCHWINN would have significantly risen and this would have certainly negatively impacted sales.
You must remember that the US. BICYCLE MANUFACTURERS were protected by very high tariffs on IMPORTED FOREIGN PRODUCED BICYCLES for a significant period of time. If I recall correctly, President Kennedy increased these tariffs. You'll need to research the specifics and the specifics on when said tariffs were removed, thus impacting all the US BIKE MAKERS who had become somewhat lazy and unprepared for huge retailers of the era, bringing foreign made bikes into their catalogs and store's bicycle section. Once there was significant price competition among the also rans, versus the foreign made bikes in continuing to get their product to be chosen in mass quantity for such retail store/hardware store chain channels, the blank had hit the fan, and the writing was on the wall for some USA parts makers who could not remain competitive on a price basis with those from elsewhere.
I might be totally wrong, but my guess is that by 1969 that likely all of the ordinary bicycles from all the USA bicycle makers, Schwinn and those that later made up the "BMA-6" (Columbia, Ross, Huffy, Murray, AMF...... ) probably did not have a 100% usa content ordinary bicycle offering.
Perhaps one of them did, I don't know exactly, but The Start of the Seventies and infation (remember the WIN buttons during Nixon's first term ) after the mild recession of Dec '69 - 1970.............whip inflation now = WIN..........that likely assisted bike makers in seeking more parts at lower unit costs that could assist in preserving margins.
------almost at the same time, the Great Bike Boom would begin.....
You all know that when NIXON visited CHINA, the Chinese were all travelling on bicycles and China was completely backwards, if not also over, under, and upside down as a nation. That was 50 YEARS AGO. China was at least a century behind every industrialized nation as its people were riding bicycles for transportation. Who would have thought fifty years ago that China would be where they are today?
Basic bicycle manufacturing ain't exactly rocket science.

Does anyone even remember when the USA tire manufacturers & rubber companies discontinued the domestic manufacturing of bicycle tires? Elvis was probably still alive and performing concerts. ( I'm guessing that many discontinued production before the Summer of 1977 )

Really, what is the point in trying to construct an all new, all USA content bicycle?
Who would buy such a concraption, if it wasn't at least as decent as existing offerings?
I mean, look, you had that one small Detroit firm that made a re-imagined COLLEGIATE that in my opinion is no better than a Wallyworld or Tarjay Schwinn Admiral, Gateway, whatever name moniker that Pacific Cycle calls it.......The Wallyworld/Tarjay bike is $200 (was sometimes around $160) and the Detroit COLLEGIATE thing was five times the cost. 100% USA, well probably not even close, but it was assembled/built in limited quantity in Motown. Perhaps this makes it worth the price differential to some discerning buyers. Certainly, the Detroit boutique COLLEGIATE will carry some value while the Tarjay & Wallyworld specials will reach minimal yard-sale,craigs , & flea mkt prices throughout the remainder of their useful lives at functional bicycles.

Some of the most extreme C.A.B.E. folks choose their antique bicycles for the original equipment, original made in USA components. Those nutty zealots are so ridiculous in choosing to ride heavily deteriorated 65 year old tires that are either original equipment to their bicycle, or are period(year model) correct originals that were made at that time(still 65 year old tires...even if scavenged from another lesser make bicycle, or women's bicycle).
I always make it a point to ask these nuts, ARE YOU ALSO USING A PATCHED TOGETHER INNERTUBE FROM 1956, after they say you know it took me five years to find a useable original equipment tire that matched the year of the bike, or they say that you know with some Flex Seal and Shoe Goo, I made this old factory correct US RUBBER Company Strato-turd Delta-88 tire from 1956 ride like new on my Goonie Bird.
I certainly do understand that an original tire might look ultra-cool on a museum display bicycle but lots of those zealots are riding on those badly cracked and deteriorated tires. They do so as a badge of honor but my guess is a few of them will encounter a crash of horror that could have been entirely prevented. Hopefully, they all realize when that tire is ready to be retired before the tire totally destructs and they get hurt.

Yep, nobody should have much tolerance for sketchy tires. Good history about the tariffs, thanks!
Old 09-10-21, 12:16 PM
tcs
Palmer

Bikes: Mike Melton custom, Alex Moulton AM, Dahon Curl

Quoted: 1663 Post(s)
Liked 1,817 Times in 1,057 Posts
Originally Posted by dedhed
...many bicycles were MUSA throughout the 40 - 60's and many into the 80's
Actually, from the 1870s into the early 1980s. "Mostly" MUSA bikes lasted into the 1990s.

As I mentioned up tread, I'm only aware of one 100% MUSA bike available today.

Fun fact: M. Lallement received US patent 59,915 for 'velocipede' on November 20, 1866.

Last edited by tcs; 09-13-21 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-13-21, 01:05 AM
brumby33

Bikes: Vivente World Randoneur (Australian Made)

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Hi Fellas, I'm not American and don't live there, I'm in Australia. The reason I've chimed in here is there's one MUSA Bicycle Company that I didn't see mentioned is CO-MOTION in Eugene OR. I know this Company due to Darren Alff (Bicycle Touring Pro) owns 2 of this Company's bikes and has ridden them to over 70 Countries.
He owns the Co-Motion Pangea and Siskiyu models with the Siskiyu being built with Pinion Gearing and Gates belt drive.
From my understanding, the Majority of these bikes apart from Gearing Mechanism are American made. Co-Motion were also the first ever bike Company in the world to build frames with the S&S Couplers enabling you to split a frame in two, pack it in a normal suitcase and onto a plane without the high extra baggage charges.
These bikes are not normally off the shelf, I think they are tailor made for the rider.
History - Co-Motion Cycles
Frame - Co-Motion Cycles
Materials - Co-Motion Cycles
Drivetrain - Co-Motion Cycles

Here's Darren Alf talking about the Co-Motion bicycles. I would if I could go all the way to the USA to buy one of these beautiful bikes. They arn't a cheap Investment.

I know these bicycles are made with touring in mind.

Kindest regards

Dave J.
Old 09-13-21, 06:20 AM
tcs
Palmer

Bikes: Mike Melton custom, Alex Moulton AM, Dahon Curl

Quoted: 1663 Post(s)
Liked 1,817 Times in 1,057 Posts
Co-Motion frames are MUSA. Like other boutique American builds, they're completed into rideable bicycles with imported parts.
Old 09-16-21, 10:21 AM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Interesting, USA now has tires made here and owned here being sold via online only:

https://bikerumor.com/2021/09/15/ame...iny-price-tag/

Looks like many video's of such just came out the last day or two.
Old 09-16-21, 10:48 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Originally Posted by travbikeman
Interesting, USA now has tires made here and owned here being sold via online only:

https://bikerumor.com/2021/09/15/ame...iny-price-tag/

Looks like many video's of such just came out the last day or two.
AC tires are made in Taiwan, not USA.

https://cyclingtips.com/2021/09/amer...used-on-value/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.