Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Gen3 Groove

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Gen3 Groove

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-22, 09:11 AM
FryCap

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Gen3 Groove

Anyone with experience with the Gen3Groove? It folds and is 20 inch like I want. It’s not light, but I really don’t care as long as it fits in the back of my Jeep to take on the occasional longer trip... I wouldn’t be lifting/transporting it regularly. I probably wouldn’t use the battery mode much, really prefer the cardio/exercise aspect. I like the fatter tires as I am looking for a stable/safe ride. Any thoughts??
Old 06-28-22, 10:56 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked 817 Times in 617 Posts
Looks like a lot of bikes with similar specs and less expensive than most. The leader in this class IMO is Lectric Cycles for $1K. You must be a strong cyclist if you plan to use it without the "e" power.
Old 06-28-22, 11:03 AM
FryCap

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
Looks like a lot of bikes with similar specs and less expensive than most. The leader in this class IMO is Lectric Cycles for $1K. You must be a strong cyclist if you plan to use it without the "e" power.
My goal is to go approx 10-12 mph at 120 bpm cardio for approx 45 minutes... do-able? I don’t know as I have not used an e-bike before..
Likes For FryCap:
Old 06-28-22, 11:17 AM
2old

Originally Posted by FryCap
My goal is to go approx 10-12 mph at 120 bpm cardio for approx 45 minutes... do-able? I don’t know as I have not used an e-bike before..
I would try to rent or demo this bike or something similar before purchasing. Most of these bikes are in the 55 - 75 pound range, so not like pedaling your "normal" cruiser. This bike is a single speed which won't help and may be a bear on even small hills. Check YouTube for reviews; I know that some individuals have tested it.
Old 06-28-22, 11:22 AM
FryCap

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
I would try to rent or demo this bike or something similar before purchasing. Most of these bikes are in the 55 - 75 pound range, so not like pedaling your "normal" cruiser. This bike is a single speed which won't help and may be a bear on even small hills. Check YouTube for reviews; I know that some individuals have tested it.
I know the Gen3 Bike says that it has five levels of pedal assist. Does this operate similar to a five speed bike? I’ll be riding on mostly flat pathways, but there could be a few hills.
Likes For FryCap:
Old 06-28-22, 11:30 AM
2old

Originally Posted by FryCap
I know the Gen3 Bike says that it has five levels of pedal assist. Does this operate similar to a five speed bike? I’ll be riding on mostly flat pathways, but there could be a few hills.
FME with most RPM PAS systems (as opposed to torque-sensored ones), each level of assist provides a different (gradually increasing with the level of assist) speed which is pretty much the same on level terrain no matter how hard you pedal, though ascending hills requires more effort. It's been awhile since I've ridden one of these bikes since I have only BBS02-equipped mid-drive and rear hub DIY's now, and stopped testing different models.